chapter 14

Pretentious

Exhausted overwhelmed him physically while his eyes were tired from reading too long. He took off his reading glasses and rubbed his eyes with gentle to ease the soreness he felt around the area of his eyes. Later, Donghae began to stretch his body as he felt stiffness creeping around his shoulder and neck due to sit in the same position for a long time. As he taking rest from reading the thick dark blue file that seem never finished no matter how long he threw his time to read it, his mind wandered at the event happened a few days ago.

 

After the discovery they make, Heechul stopped talking about Sungjong or Infinite. Either because of shocked or something else he did not know. He never questioned since it was not his position. However, the shocked brought a brand new Heechul as he was more serious in investigation. Even now he was out of office, taking initiative to meet the witness himself to question them. The old Heechul would never do that. The old him would leisurely sat in front of computer, playing Starcraft or slept on the sofa placed at the side of room. It was a wonder how he still can kept his position in the team with such behaviour and be title as one of the best detective in the district.

 

“Aish... so frustrated.” Heechul slammed the door after barged in with a sour face. His action startled everyone in the room but they were too afraid to comment on his rude behaviour since it was a known fact that disturbed Heechul when he in foul mood is the same as you want a death wish, well except one person.  

 

Donghae calmly walked toward Heechul who lay on the sofa with a hand put on his forehead and eyes close. His breath was heavy like he had a difficulty to breath but Donghae know better. From the way he grit his teeth hard to the how he clenched his hand tight, Heechul was trying to contain his anger.

 

“What’s wrong with you?” Donghae asked carefully as his hand busy pulled a chair from nearby table and set it in front of Heechul. Once his landed on the chair, he gazed toward the older. The Heechul in front of him was different than the Heechul he knew. The man looked trouble that he lost the confident smirk that had always decorated his face.

 

“Just leave me alone for a few minutes.” There was a pleading in Heechul’s tone. Something that was rare as the man always so confident and strong.

 

Although he was reluctant to fulfil the request but Donghae obliged. With a long sighed, he strolled to his table where a thick dark blue file waiting for him.

 

***************

“I should have never brought you guys with me.” Sunggyu said with regret wrote all over his face. He knew it was a bad idea to bring the two most hyperactive members of Infinite together the moment he heard the suggestion. He disapproved the idea but what can he do, with five members against him alone, it was obvious the majority will win. Now, he stuck with these kids at a road he not even familiar, just because Dongwoo with his baseless confidence had said to them that he know the way around and Sungyeol apparently had a friend live in Gwangju but what happened now, they were lost for the third times already. The hot weather didn’t help him either as his gray t-shirt was drenched with sweat.

 

Dongwoo and Sunggyeol only gave a big grin much to the leader dismayed. “Aww hyung, don’t be like that. I know we will find the address, just trust us.” Sunggyu rolled his eyes, didn’t believe anything that came out from his dongsaeng’s mouth.

 

“I’ve already said it was better for us to ride a taxi than walking aimlessly like this.” Sunggyu said weakly as his energy was drained because of the hot weather, even the cool water he gulped every few minutes didn’t help.

 

“But the taxi was expensive.” Dongwoo said with a puppy eyes.

 

“Besides, walking is a good exercise hyung. This is why the fans called you Grandpa Gyu. You hated exercise or any physical activities.” The moment the words left his mouth, a plastic bottle flying toward Sunggyeol with the culprit aka Sunggyu glared dagger at him. Thanks to his fast reflex, he dodged the bottle and it landed with a thud on the rough surface of road.

 

“See, even your throwing was weak.” Sunggyeol teased more but quickly shut his mouth when he saw his hyung’s expression turned dark and later he found himself running fast, trying to save his life as the leader chasing behind with Dongwoo tagged along, laughing.

 

 

Dongwoo didn’t know where he was running to but somehow they end up in a neighbourhood. He stopped to read the signboard, the name ring a bell. Where he had heard the name? That was when his hand reached his pocket, grazed upon a paper that he almost forgot its presence. He took the paper out; it was an address, to be more accurate it was Sungjong’s address. They had begging their manager who later on asked Sunggyu to asking it from their CEO himself as he didn’t keep the member’s addresses.

 

He didn’t know how the meeting turned out or what reasons Sunggyu gave but they got the address. He was about to call Sunggyu and Sungyeol but once he turned around, he was all alone. The two were already gone. He puffed his cheek, annoyed at the fact that they left him.

 

He fished his phone out, quickly dialled Sunggyu’s number and hoping they didn’t ran far. As he waited for the called to connect, Dongwoo walked around the neighbour. Once he heard the leader’s voice at the end of line, he asked the latter to put on speaker.

 

“Why?”

 

“Just do it, hyung.”

 

“Okay, I already put it on speaker. Where are you by the way?”

 

“Only now you want to ask my whereabouts, hyung after you left me all alone with a risking of being kidnap.” Dongwoo said sulky. He pouted unintentionally, making him looked more adorable.

 

“Stop the crap, Dongwoo. You are a grown man. No one would dare to kidnap you if they see how tough and well-built your body was. Looked at your muscle, it even beat Hoya and Woohyun was dying to have a body like you,” Sunggyu finished, received disapproved look from Sungyeol but shrugged it. He knew his words were enough to comfort the boy and even make him forgive them. He was a smooth talker after all.

 

Truth to be told, Dongwoo was grinning now although Sunggyu might not see it. “Thanks hyung. I would tell Hoya and Woohyun what you told me.”

 

Sunggyu was panic. “It’s better to keep this between us only. You and I know how much this will hurt their pride.” Sungyeol gave him dirty look. ‘What?’ He mouthed. “Why you called anyway?” He added later.

 

“Dongwoo?”

 

Dongwoo’s steps stopped abruptly as his eyes landed on the numbers glued at the tall gates in front of him before he gazed toward the paper he held.

 

His lips broke into a smile. “Hyung, I found it but the house look... weird.”

 

***************

Sungjong was resting on the backseat while waiting for the other members to come in. He, Woohyun, Myungsoo and Hoya had a variety show schedule today.

 

He looked outside of the window, taking the scenery in front of him. It was nothing much to see, given the fact that he was currently in a parking park but because of there isn’t anything productive he can do in the van, he bear with it. His body was tired from the practice in the morning and lack of slept but even with that fact, he can’t found himself sleeping. Not when his mind working at its high sped.

 

The called he received this morning, after their dance practice was not what he expected to comes. For him, it was still early for them to make the next move but Kim Min hyun thought otherwise.

 

“I don’t think it was the right time for us to continue with the plan.” Sungjong objected.

“It is the right time. It has been two weeks after the last murder. How long you want to delay this? Did you want to back down now?”

“No, I don’t.” He hesitated.

He heard a faint laughed, mocking him. “I know this gonna to happen, sooner or later. You’ve been socialize with them far too long that you’re attached to him now. Is that why you don’t want to continue with the plan? Your father will be disappointed with you.”

“He didn’t have the right to feel that way. And when that I say I want to withdrew, I just asking for more time. If you are insisted that we proceed with the plan, then we do it.” He spat. He knew that he gonna regret it later but for now he can’t let this man mocking him. His pride is too bigger for that.

 

Sungjong pounded his head at the window. He can be so thoughtless sometimes. He rested his head on the window as he looked outside once again.

 

He let out a high pitch shriek when he found Hoya’s face was millimetre away from him, the only thing that separated them was a piece of thin glass of window. He pouted as he saw the other members laughed at him from outside of the van; even their managers, Youngjun and Hyoan hyung joined them.

 

“What are you thinking about, Sungjong?” Myungsoo asked as he taking a seat beside the maknae.

 

“I didn’t think of anything.” Sungjong denied.

 

“Yeah, right.” Woohyun said unconvinced, turned around from him seat. He sat at the seat in front of Sungjong.

 

 “We saw you kept making this scary face you did when you thinking hard.” Hoya joined the conversation.

 

“I’m just thinking how to make up with my girlfiend.” Sungjong said casual.

 

“What?” Youngjun hyung stopped the van abruptly. “You have a girlfriend?” Hyoan hyung shouted from his seat.

 

“I’m just kidding, hyung. I don’t have a girlfriend.” Sungjong assured his manager who got back to his driving.

 

“Don’t ever make a joke like that Sungjong. You almost cause me heart attack.” Youngjun hyung said.

 

“Sorry hyung.”

 

“Yeah, maybe not girlfriend but boyfriend can be.” Hoya teased. Sungjong only smirk.

 

“Just because you are separated from Dongwoo hyung, don’t lash out your frustrated on me, hyung.” Sungjong countered.

 

“What he has to do with this?” Hoya furrowed his eyebrows.

 

“You know Yadong couple.” Sungjong hinted.

 

“Yeah, you guys even filming We Got Married.” Myungsoo joined in. He chuckle, producing a sweet melody.

 

“But it was not as popular as me and my Gyu.”

 

“Oh stop it, hyung. Myungyeol couple is far more popular. I didn’t mean Myungjong is not popular, though. Myungjong is always in my heart, you know that Sungjong.” Myungsoo added quickly as he didn’t wanted to offend the maknae but the latter just shrugged it. It was nothing big dealt for him.

 

Soon, the journey was filled with unstoppable argument between them on whose OTP is better. However, Sungjong didn’t mind as it helped him to forget the problem for a moment when he laughed along with his hyungs.

 

 

sorry for lack of update. i've been too busy with the projects and tests that i didn't have time to write

but here a long update to make it up

hope you enjoy.. comments and critics are welcome

p/s i hope i get right the name of managers..