chapter 10

Pretentious

 

A loud laugh rang through the room, broken the silence and eventually concentration of a certain person. Donghae look up at the source of the noise, there at the end of table sat Heechul with a laptop in front of him, laughing like crazy. He sighed at the disruption make by Heechul. This was not the first time. It already been days Heechul acted the way he did, to be exact it was since their first met with Infinite. After their return from meeting the idol, Heechul engulf himself in finding any possible information about them. For some reason he particularly took interest in the youngest, Lee Sungjong.

 

“Will you stop watching that and help me instead?” Donghae called from behind a pile of papers containing information from the recent case.

 

“What’s the point? We didn’t have any new lead to help the case, so why bother. You should join me watching this, they’re so funny.” Heechul answered before he once again fall into a fit of laughter.

 

“What?”  Donghae was dumbfounded. He can’t believe how irresponsible Heechul can be sometime. Oh God! What does he did wrong to be punished like this, to be ended up with a person like Heechul.

 

In the end, he decided to ignore the older and only concentrated on his investigation. After all Heechul would always be Heechul.

 

Donghae looked back at the paper in his hand. He was currently busy examined the evident from Daesung's case. Apparently, they found number 61 inscribed on the bullet used in the shot resulting the police to link the case with the previous cases. And after some investigation, he had found an interesting relation between Lee Seung-hyun, victim from the first case and Daesung. Both of the victims were the witnesses of the murder of Yu Jang Woo, a politician who was being investigated for his involvement in illegal business.

 

His hand grabbed another file from the table which contain the information and evidences from the second case, the murder of an old couple, Kim Sinho and his wife Kim Mirin who were both work as con artist. This case however was different, unlike Lee Seung-Hyun and Daesung’s cases, there were evidences and witness in this case which making it strange and didn’t quite match with their main suspect’s profile. That man was known as a cautious man who never left any evidence or witness in any of his crime. It was unusual for him to make a reckless mistake like this unless it was on purposed.

 

This case was getting more weird... and interesting in his opinion.

 

“Yah Lee Donghae, can you do me a favor?” Heechul loud voice startled him as he looked at the older with an annoyed face. “What do you want?” He asked lazily.

 

“Can you do me a favor?” Heechul asked with a big smile. His eyes were sparkling brightly at Donghae as he walked and took a place beside his partner.

 

“What kind of favor?”

 

“Can you help me find the information about this boy?” Heechul shoved his mobile phone into Donghae’s hand. At the screen phone, a picture of Lee Sungjong was displayed.

 

“Lee Sungjong? For what?”

 

“That for me to know and not for you to find out.” Heechul winked which the younger responded with a disgusted face.

 

“Whatever… If you want info about him, you can just browse in internet. There was tons of information about him you can find in there.”

 

“Not that kind of info. I want to know everything about him. Every single things.”

 

“You sound like a stalker.”

 

Heechul ignored the words said to him. “Can you help me or not?”

 

“But what I get. You know that you practically asked me to breaking the rule, so I need to know if it worth it.”

 

“What do you want?”

 

“What can you offer?”

 

“How about this, if you help me I’ll introduce you to a beautiful girl.”

 

“Not interested. I didn’t want to sound like an arrogant bastard but with my handsome face, I’m pretty sure I can get any girl I want.”

 

“Then, what?”

 

“How about become my slave for a month.”

 

“What? Not in million years.”

 

“Then, forget about it.”

 

Heechul was hesitated. He consider his decision, either it worth or not. If he agreed, it meant disaster for him as the younger wouldn’t let him go easily. He would take this chance to make him suffer. But if he didn’t, then he can’t certify his assumption. “Okay, but only for a week.” He decided.

 

“No, for a month.”

 

“Two weeks.” Heechul tried to negotiate but Donghae didn’t budged. There was no way for him to let this opportunity slipped easily.

 

“A month.”

 

“Three weeks,” Heechul tried his luck.

 

“A month. If you don’t want then forget it.”

 

“Okay. A month. Make sure you get all the detail. From the day his born until now. Complete.”

 

‘Either way I’ll try to find a way out. Don’t you think you can trap me with this agreement, Donghae. This is Heechul and no one can play with Heechul.’ He thought.

 

“Don’t worry, you can count on me. So, for your first assignment…” Donghae looked around to find something he can gave Heechul to work on. His eyes landed on the pile of files from the cases four years ago. He smiled as he looked at Heechul, “I wanted you to read all those files and wrote a report. Send to me before…” he stopped as he inspected his clock, it shown 3 o’clock before continued, “…seven. So, you have four hours to finish it. I suggest you start now. In the meantime I’ll find the info you want.” He winked as he finished, something that Heechul would did to annoy him.

 

‘Now, taste your own medicine.’ He smiled at the thought.

 

Heechul grunted but he can’t do anything. He sulkily took the files, put it on his table and started read it one by one.

 

They both fell into silence. Both were working hard in the given task, or at least for Donghae.

 

Heechul just browse through all the info again. He already remembered the detail of the case. After all, this was HIS case. So, it didn’t take a long time for him to finish the report.

 

Bored. He took a glance at his partner who engrossed in breaking the national security system. The said person was busy typing some code which he didn’t have a clue what it stands for but somehow understood by the younger. Have nothing better to do and just because he felt bored as hell, Heechul stood and walked to Donghae’s table who didn’t even cast a glance as he was so into his work. Heechul then grabbed a black file from the table, the same black file Donghae read not long ago before walked back into his table.

 

With the file left opened on his table, he began to read the content. The more he read, the more he can felt his eyelids began to feel heavy. It didn’t take him long before he fell into a deep sleep. However his sleep was interrupted by Donghae as the latter shouted, “Hey, I got it. And you not gonna believe what I found.”

 

Still feeling sleepy, he walked to Donghae who quickly shoved his laptop to heechul. Heechul read it fast with his eyes became bigger and bigger at each passing sentences.

 

“This is impossible.” That were the only words that came out from Heechul’s mouth upon he finish reading.

 

finally finished repost the chapters... so here a new chapter for you guys

sorry for the inconvenient