chapter 13

Pretentious

 

He smirked, “Are you ready?”

 

“Yes, TOP.”

 

Once the words left my mouth, he charged toward me with a full speed and as for me, I was ready for the hit. It was an intense fight with a murderous instinct. Only one can survived.

 

****************

 

I was panting hard. My whole body was drenched with sweat as I lay on the floor, feeling uncomfortable as the clothes clung onto my body. I stole a glance at the person next to me, he was no different. Sweat ran at the side of his head, damping his hair in the process while his white shirt drenched with sweat, making the shirt he wore seeing-through exposing the abs. As he was stood up, letting himself in the sat position while flipped his hair up, he look y. If I was a girl or bending that way, I was definitely fainting at the sight. The thought flashed into my mind without I realized.

 

“You’re definitely too old for this kind of things.” I .

 

“You have lost your respect.” He said in low voice. If anyone else in my position, they would not dare to spoke any word but I was different. I had known him too long to let myself felt intimidated by his words. In return, I let out a chuckle.

 

“You have nothing for me to respect.” I dare myself to look at him straight in the eyes as I positioned myself to sit beside him. He glared at me but I didn’t budge as I held the stare as long as I can. It didn’t last long as both of us burst into laughter. The laughter last for a few seconds before it going down, soon it was filled with silence. It’s didn’t felt awkward, rather it felt good.

 

“Sungjong.” He called. I glanced at him, waited for whatever he wanted to say.

 

“You’re still the same.” TOP smile as he ruffled my hair awkwardly, showing his affection. It was his way to show that he cared about me. It was a rare moment since he only displayed it when we’re alone. When there was only the two of us with no eyes to judge. And I like it to be kept that way.

 

“I’m glad you’re still the same.” I furrowed my brows but didn’t say anything. I waited for him to explain but it never came, instead he changed the topic.

 

“Where is your mask? I told you to always wear it when you came here.” He nagged at me. His hand found its place at my shoulder, bringing myself closer to him much to my dismay.

 

I shoved him away while saying something like ‘you smell’ ‘I can’t breathe’ and ‘I’m gonna die if you didn’t let go’ but he stayed still with no intention to move or whatsoever. In the end I gave up.

 

“I’m sorry I forgot. You text me when I was asleep, so don’t blame me. By the way, why you called? Is there something matter.”

 

“Nothing, I just worry about you.” His face showed concern. “After what happened to Seungri and Daesung, I’m afraid the same thing will happen to you. I need to make sure you’re okay.”

 

The anxiety in his voice makes me felt guilty. The guilty that I never felt even when I pointed the tip gun towards Daesung and Seungri or when my dagger embeds at innocent person, taking their lives, playing God by myself. Never had I felt this guilty that I sometimes wonder if my humanity was still there. This was one of the reasons why I want to leave. I scared to know what kind of person I would became if stayed in the agency longer. His nudge snapped me right out of my thoughts. I masked a smiled.

 

“Hyung, stop being paranoid. I’m the infamous Dark Angel, you think I will be easily kill.” I said, faking the conceited, putting the facade. After all this was my speciality, fooling everyone around me.

 

He stared at me, long as if he tried to read the truth from my eyes.

 

“Besides, you taught me enough that I can defeat ten persons at the same time. I won’t get kill hyung, I can ensure you that.” I squished his shoulder, offering a sincere smile.

 

“Yeah, you’re right.” He stood up suddenly before facing me. I was puzzled of what he planned to do. His hand clutched an invisible sword, swing it around before landed the bladed weapon at both of my shoulder. “Since you’re my student, I gave you my trust.” Playful was in his voice. I grin at his childish antic, it was cute I must say. I wonder if there was anyone who ever witness this side of him.

 

I peek at my watch, read the time. It was almost 4 a.m.

 

“It’s getting late. I should be back, I don’t want other member notice I’ve been missing.” I excused myself.

 

“Yah dongsaeng, catch this.” A revolver was flying, I caught with ease. It was small in size, about my hand size. I lift my eyebrows looking at the weapon then at TOP asking for his explanation.

 

“For your safety.” I don’t know what he was thinking giving this to me when I live with six other guys where there were chance that this gun could be found by one of them but I shrugged it. He must be so worry about me to be so thoughtless. I put it at the back, secured it with my jeans. I waved a goodbye and found my way out of headquarter.

 

Instead of going back to the dorm like I should, I found myself heading to the company, to be exactly to the practice room. In there, I dance with passion, letting out all of my frustration. I was torn between right or wrong, betrayed or devoted, and friendship or freedom. 

 

another  chapter, hope you like it

comments are much appreciate, subscribe if you enjoy it