chapter 21

Pretentious

 

 

Sungjong walked into the dorm like a zombie, tired after a long day of schedule. He really wished for a fresh shower and warm bed but knowing his position as the youngest of the group, he threw the desire away. He would be the last one using the bathroom anyway. 

 

As the last one to enter, he was entrusted to lock the door. Slipping off his shoes, Sungjong hastily headed to his share room but halted his step at the living room. A small chuckle leaves his mouth as his eyes landed on the piles of deadly bodies of Infinite, littered around the room.

 

Then, a naughty thought came to him.

 

‘Bathroom is mine.’

 

With haste, Sungjong ran to his room, dropping the bag, reaching for his toiletries before once again ran to his destination, bathroom. Locking the door, he dumped his toiletries into the sink and proceeds to take off his clothes. He let out a heartily laugh when he heard a yelling with a loud bang outside the door and from the voice, it was Sunggyu. The leader was shouting something about as the maknae, Sungjong should let his hyungs shower first.

 

Ignoring the rage of his hyung, Sungjong stared at the mirror. Admiring himself, his eyes caught at the ugly image of scar on his shoulder. He hissed as he felt the scar with his wet finger. The pain already subsided but once in a while he would felt the wound itching uncomfortably.

 

Thinking back it already had been a week since the incident and TOP never called. The fact didn’t calm him at all. He knew TOP really well and knew when the latter kept silent; it meant something big would happen, either it was good or bad are far from his knowledge. But knowing TOP it will never good.

 

Then, he thought about Min Hyun, his partner or sort of. The man was too eager to continue with the plan despite knowing about his injured. He had to admit it was his fault that he got shot. He was careless and had too much confident that nothing would go wrong in his plan. That night prove that nothing was certain and even though he thought his plan was perfect, there was still a flaw on it. Because of that, he needs to review it again. From his source Min Hyun had come out with another plan and they will have another meeting tomorrow night to discuss the matter. He hoped whatever plan the latter came out wouldn’t clashed with his.

 

Putting the problem aside, he thought about his hyungs. Since the day they found out about the wound until now, they never question him nor did they bring out the topic. It’s confusing. Knowing them, he knew for sure they would bring out the topic when they visit his room later that day but they didn’t, nonetheless he glad they didn’t. It would be hard for him to open up to them about his dark past.

 

Shaking the thought away, Sungjong step in to the bath tub and letting the warm water relaxing his body. And soon he was drifting to sleep.

 

*****************

 

“Aish this maknae, since when did he became so disrespect.” Sunggyu grumbled as he walked into living room, stepping on Woohyun in the process.

 

“Ouch hyung, you’re so heavy.” The victim aka Woohyun scream as he rubbed his leg. Unfortunately his remark was heard by Sunggyu who was still upset about Sungjong, making the latter fuming in anger and slapped the younger on the head.

 

“Ouch! Stupid hyung, always abusing his power.” Woohyun wailing slowly as he afraid that the leader might hear it. But unfortunately Sunggyu heard the words and now was glaring at the younger.

 

“Just kept your mouth shut, hyung.” Hoya whisper from behind as they were the only one still there. The other members were already gone to their respective room doing who-know-what.

 

Woohyun didn’t dare to lift his face as he kept looking at the floor. Seeing this, Sunggyu became soft.

 

Patting his dongsaeng’s head, he apologized. “I’m sorry Woohyun-ah.”

 

“It’s okay hyung.” Woohyun smiled. “Afterall I can’t stay mad at my gyu.” There came his cheeky remark.

 

Sunggyu can’t help but laugh.

 

“Besides, I don’t want to spend my last night here fighting with you.”

 

“Last night? Are you going home, hyung?” Hoya asked feeling envy. His hometown was too far from their dorm. Born in Busan, Hoya can only go home in festive days.

 

“Yeah. It will be difficult for me to go home when the promoting start. Want to come with me Hyung? You can meet your parents-in-law.” Thud. A pillow landed on his face.

 

“You said that again, my fist will flying on your pretty face.” Although his words were harsh but the smile on his face shown that Sunggyu didn’t meant the words he said. He was already immune with Woohyun’s greasiness to feel anything.

 

“You call me pretty. I always know that one day you will fall for my charm. Need to write this in my diary.” Woohyun stand 

 

“You kept a diary, Namstar. Where do you put it? Why I never know it. Should have read what you wrote about me.” Sunggyu said running to his share room with Woohyun tailing behind yelling “You can’t read it.”

 

And later Hoya can hear noise came from Sunggyu and Woohyun share room. Didn’t want to know what happened in there, he retreat to his share room but not before knock the bathroom’s door as he knew the younger fall asleep once again.

 

**********

 

The next day...

 

”Where are you?” Donghae can hear anger in the voice and he expected it since he was the one who broke the promise.

 

“I’m sorry Heechul. I’m not sure if I can go with you today. I feel sick.” Donghae faked a cough. When he heard sigh came from Heechul, he knew the latter already gave in.

 

Okay then but makes sure to get well soon. I’m not going to cover your again and you better pay me back later.”

 

Donghae let out a chuckle but shut it fast as it was not appreciate in his condition now. “I’m understood.” He ended the called.

 

Turning himself, he was met with a serious looking young man. The man was no older than him, might also be younger than him but his present was intimidate enough that Donghae began regretting his choice of following this young man, well not like he have a choice to begin with.

 

 

“Lee Donghae-shii?” A man wearing black suit came to him when he was about to eat his breakfast. He was currently waiting for Heechul. Both of them already promised to start their -what Heechul call stalk but to him it was a simply method of investigating.

“Yes. Can I help you with anything?” Donghae asked unsure. The man in front of him has a strong present that he can’t help but to feel self-conscious.

“I need for you to follow me.”

“This is an order.” The man added when Donghae did not budge from his seat. And before long, he found himself drag out of cafeteria. He can feel the judgemental stare from everyone and for a second he was... scare.

 

 

“Are you finished with your call?” The man asked, snap him right out of his thoughts .

 

Donghae nod.

 

“Then shall we continue.”

 

Donghae nod again.

 

And later he found himself walking along a hallway, a familiar one. Even though, it’s been years since the last time he walked into this path, he still can remember it clearly and he still can remember that time, the feeling, the raging, the anger he felt toward that man. It was the beginning of everything.

 

“We have arrived. You can enter the room.” The man said as they were stopped in front of a big brown wooden door.

 

Donghae took a deep breath before his hand reached the handle and with a turn he pushed the door opened. A bright light momentary blind him, but when his eyes adjusted, he saw it, that man.

 

sorry for abandon this story for far too long.. and maybe will doing it again (i really hope not) but here another chapter

for all the subcribers, thank you for stick with me

for my readers, i hope you enjoy my story  

and finally XxAiko_16xX, this is for you.. sorry it take longer than i plan