chapter 16

Pretentious

 

“Is he sleeping?” Sunggyu asked Hoya as soon as the latter showed up in his room.

 

“Yes.” Hoya took a seat between Myungsoo and Dongwoo on the floor. All the members except Sungjong presented in the leader’s room as a small meeting was conducted because of leader’s requested.

 

“Why we need to gather at your room, hyung?” Myungsoo asked between yawned. It was the umpteenth times he yawned that night as he struggled to keep his eyes opened. It was expected after a long day of schedules. In one rare occasion like this, he really envied the maknae as the latter was given permission to sleep.

 

Hoya watched as Myungsoo hugged his knee while putting his head above it, he was in the brink of falling asleep. He too was tired and really tempted to abandon this meeting and go to sleep instead. But the message he got from Sunggyu earlier making him threw the thought out of window. He was asked to go to Sunggyu’s room only after he was certain that the maknae slept.

 

Woohyun waited for the leader to speak as he comforted himself on the soft mattress, getting an envy glance from Dongwoo. Being the owner of the room, he got privileged to sit on the bed. He glanced again at Sunggyu. He had the idea what the meeting was for as the older had given him a hint. It was about their trip to Gwangju.

 

Dongwoo stared at Woohyun with envy. His was hurt from sitting in this hard, cold floor for too long. If they didn’t have to wait for Hoya, this meeting would end already. The meeting was supposed to start at 2 am but since Hoya needed to wait for Sungjong to sleep first, the time was dragged to now, 3 am. He grumbled as he shifted position in attempt to attain a more comfort position.

 

Choose to sit together on the bed, Sungyeol and Sunggyu had discuss on what they gonna told the members while waiting for Hoya. There were few times they caught Woohyun tried to eavesdrop, so, they kept their voice low making the Namstar pouted.  It wasn’t because they wanted to keep a secret, it just that they want to reveal it once to everyone. Sunggyeol glance at his watch once Hoya enter the room, it was 2.50 am. He sighed as they had dragged the time far too long. Curse that Sungjong who choose today to sleep late.

 

Upon hearing their visual’s question, Sunggyu cleared his throat before began, “I want to talk about our trip to Gwangju.”

 

At that, all the drowsiness was gone.  Everyone’s eyes were on Sunggyu.

 

Hoya usher for Sunggyu to continue.

 

“We found something that might shock you all.” Sunggyu said carefully. He waited for the words to sink before resume. “He may be not Lee Sungjong.”

 

“What do you means, hyung?” Woohyun was confused.

 

“When we go to the address, what we find only an abandon house. So, we asked people in that place. From what they told us, the house was owned by a couple. Mr. and Mrs. Lee had a son name Lee Sungjong but their son was... was dead seventeen years ago.”

 

“What?”

 

“Yes, he was dead. Then, we tried to ask for the couple’s new address. However we were informed that they were dead in a car accident ten years ago.” Dongwoo informed.

 

“That reminded me...” Hoya didn’t complete his sentence as he dashed out of room and when he came back, he brought along a laptop.

 

“I find this for awhile now.” Hoya said as he began tapping the keyboard furiously.

 

“This.” He showed the members. They all cramped in front of the laptop, shoving Hoya away in the process. It was a news article of a murder of an old couple, Kim Sinho and Kim Mirin. At the side of the article, a picture was attached. They gasped at the picture as they knew the couple. They were Sungjong’s parents. They read the date of the article; it was a day after their dinner with them.

 

The room went silent as no one uttered any words.

 

Then, Myungsoo remember the stain he and Sunggyu found in Sungjong’s sleeve that night. His eyes turned big as he grabbed Sunggyu’s hand, “hyung, the stain.”

 

“I know.” Sunggyu said knowingly.

 

“What stain?” Sungyeol asked as he accidentally heard the conversation. Everyone’s eyes were now on them.

 

“We found a stain at his jacket’s sleeve. When we smelt it, it was blood.” Myungsoo told. The room turned into a dead silence once again.

 

“I think we have enough. We should get a rest now.” Sunggyu dismissed his dongsaeng. No one had objected. For once, they didn’t questions the leader decision.

 

The members returned to their respective room with a heavy heart. Tomorrow gonna be a tough day for them.

 

***********

Sungjong greeted all his hyungs with a smile when he came for a breakfast that morning. But the reaction he got was not what he expected. Something was wrong. Unlike usual where the members would greet him back cheerfully, this time they didn’t utter a word or even glance at him. Heck, they didn’t even acknowledge he was there. Sulky at the treatment given, he quietly went to sit between Hoya and Myungsoo, his favourite hyungs.

 

“Hello hyung,” He said to them. He didn’t know if it was just his imagination but he noted that both of them avoid his stare as they quietly mumbled ‘hello’.

 

“I’m done.” Sunggyeol suddenly said as he got up, heading to his room where he share with Dongwoo and Myungsoo. Soon, one by one member left including Hoya and Myungsoo, leaving him to have breakfast alone.

 

Grumbling at the sudden cold treatment, he poked the egg few times with fork before bringing it into his mouth. He chewed it loud to express his anger. Once he finished, he shoved another spoon, then another, then another until one point he didn’t bother to chewed it first as he just swallowed the food the moment it enter his mouth.

 

It didn’t take long for him to choke on the food. He coughed hard, tears brimmed his eyes as he felt pain at his throat. Sungjong quickly grabbed the water and drank it. Fortunately, the pain had subsided and he can breathe normally again. He clutched the spoon again, ready for round two. However, as he stared at the food, he didn’t felt like eating.

 

Deep down he know the reason for their change of behaviour.

 

They know. Maybe not the entire story but adequate to cause them to shy away. He smile sadly as he stared at their door, felt longing.

 

 

‘Is this the end?’

 

************

The loud music banging neared them didn’t seem to trouble the two from having an intense discussion. Both of them hold a serious face as they kept review the planned. No mistake should make to gain succeed, they knew it by heart.

 

The older of two reached her handbag before pulled out a packet of white powder and handed it to the younger. She watched the male inspected the powder like a professional. She took this chance to observe the man who sat in front of her in this small booth. Wearing a dark jacket on top of his v-neck white shirt with a black pant; he looked young. No, he is young. Her eyes later travelled to the face. The teenage had his bang down while wore a huge glasses to hide his face. Despite that, he looked handsome. She had to admit she was shocked when they were first met. He never imagined that this man would be that Jung Sungha. And his age, although her colleague’s had warned about the younger’s age, Victoria never knew he would be this young. To be this young and had to live a life like that, she can’t helped but felt disgusted toward her boss. How can he have a heart to make his own son do that?

 

A smile adorned his face as he nodded his head, satisfied with the thing given to him. He putted the powder in the pocket and retreated himself, leaning on the couch. He brushed his bang slightly, his stared bored on the ground level where peoples dance their heart out. His body from time to time would move to the beat.

 

He tore his eyes away from the dance floor when he heard a voice called his name.

 

“Sungha-shii, can I asked you something?” A nodded she received from the latter was enough to courage Victoria to asking one question that been bothering her for awhile now.

 

“Why you choose poison this time? Why you didn’t use the usual method?”

 

Sungha smiled as he remembered the reason, “I want to do a revision.”

 

“Revision? I don’t understand.”

 

Sungha chuckled, “You will never understand. I think this is the end of our meeting. I hope we will meet soon.” He stood before walked away.

 

Victoria stared at the back view of the younger until he completely gone with thousands of thought.

 

another update... yay

in this chapter i make victoria as guest appearance.. maybe she will make another appearance or not.. i still not decide it

near the end of chapter, it look totally random with an introduction of a new character, sungha. but believe me he was not a new character

i will hint about him in the next chapter

for now, enjoy!!^^

comments and critics ae welcome