chapter 3

Pretentious

 

Sungjong POV

 

It’s been a few days after that incident and everyone seems completely forgotten as ‘he’ promised.

 

Flashback

 

‘Just the usual’

 

What he means by that. As he can read my mind, he answered, “don’t worry Sungjong-shii, I will give no harm to your friend. I just make they forget this little event, for your own good. So, can we get to the business now?” he asked, calmed.

 

“How?” I simply asked as I kept my poker face. I want to know what the method he used as there were two ways to did so, either using some kind of drug or gave trauma to the brain which was the often method used by the Agency. Giving trauma to the brain was a painful method that include torturing, forcing the brain to forget.

 

He was perplexed but then nodded his head indicating he understand the meaning of my question. “Oh, you want to know the method we used. Don’t worry Sungjong-shii, as I said before I will give no harm to your friend. I only gave them a drug that will mess up their memory a little bit. Was my explanation enough for your comfort?”

 

I nodded, felt tranquil inside, they would be okay.

 

“Like I mentioned before, I want to meet you. It was a bit embarrassing to say but I am a fan of you. My name is Kim Min Hyun, it was an honor to met you in person Mr. Dark Angel.” He offered me a hand shake.

 

I was hesitated but slowly moved my hand, grabbed his with as much force I can mustered as a way to showed my authority. His face showed pain, I only smirked and released his hand. He slowly rubbed his hand to ease the pain.

 

“I never thought it was you, Sungjong-shii. No wonder no one know your identity. No one will expect someone like you as the famous Dark Angel. Not to say celebrity like you. It was the perfect distinguish I must say...”

 

“Stop with your nonsense, I don’t have time to hear that, I want to know how you find me?” I cut him.

 

I was curious on how he find me. It was impossible, except TOP, my boss no one in Agency knew about my identity or my disguise. For an outsider like him to know, he must had a connection with TOP, I eyed him suspiciously. 

 

“I have my way.” He answered short, calm.

 

His answer didn’t make me felt any good. There was something off about this man but I can’t put words on what is it. There definitely something. I kept staring at him, the same with him. We were now in staring contest.

 

“Care to explain it?” I asked still not breaking the eyes contact.

 

“I’m sorry to disappoint you but I can’t tell you that. My informer will be mad at me if I told. But forget about that, there is a reason why I want to meet you. I want to ask for your help.” He broke the eyes contact and walked to a table behind. His hand reached his coat and pulled out an envelope from it. I was eyeing every action he took, he bring out a set of pictures and placed them on the table. There were five of them. He gestured for me to come closer which I followed. I glanced at the pictures, there were familiar, I knew this peoples. I took the pictures and look carefully. Yes, I’m right, the first picture was Seungri, followed by Daesung, then G-Dragon and Taeyang, and the last one was TOP. Obviously, they were from the Agency.

 

I looked at him, questioned his action.

 

“I want you to kill them. As return I will give one thing you wanted the most. FREEDOM!!” My eyes twitch at the word ‘freedom’, it caught my attention. However, I acted nonchalant to mask my interest, to hide any trance of joyful, I can’t let my guarded down, not now. However, he saw through me.

 

“Looks like you interested.” He smirked.

 

Yes. I was indeed. I tried to escape from the Agency countless time before, but never once I succeed, always ended up with me being caught. The punishment after that was not pretty, gave me chilled every time I remembered. They didn’t beat me up, they just simply injected me with poisoned and let me deal with it for a certain time before they gave the cure. How long? It depends on how big the destruction I caused. It can only be from few hours to few days. The longest I had experiences were for five days.

 

The poison was not lethal but enough to bring misery. It was a very painful experience. My body was burning and I can’t breathe. The only thing I felt was pain, like being stabbed by thousands of needles. It was too painful that I wish to die but there was nothing in the room that I can uses to end the misery. In fact there was nothing at all in the room. 

 

Min Hyun laughed break my trail of thought, brought me back to reality.

 

His laughter annoyed me to no end. If I given a chance I would just shove the gun I held into his mouth, then pulled the trigger. THE END!

 

“You do know that I work with him,” I said as I pointed to picture of TOP. “What make you think I would betray them?”

 

“Your loyalty really touches my heart,” he said sarcastic. “But between us I know that your devotion was not with them or anyone. I can see it because we are the same.” He smirked.

 

I walked to him until we were just a feet away. I leaned closer to whisper to his ears, “Between us… you and me are never same.” I move back. “Everyone knows once you enter, there was no turning back. You will be in the Agency until the time you death.”

 

He laughed. “Yes but between us, I tell you a secret. My aim was to take over the Agency and when I do, I give you the freedom you want.” He said playful.

 

I was thinking hard. The offer sound legit. This can be the only chance I had to left this kind of life. To be free. But something was nagging me. 

 

“Even though it didn’t sound so promising but I dared to take the risk. Just make sure you keep your end of the deal. If not… you know what will happen to you.” I would do anything for the freedom, if killing TOP would helped me getting it, then I had to say goodbye to TOP and the others. It’s not like it would be my first time.

 

“Don’t worry I’m a man who kept his promise.” He assured. He held his hand up, shaking my hand. “It’s a pleasure doing business with you. I will ask my men to take you and your friend home.” With that he left.

 

Flashback end

 

That was what happened. The next morning, I asked them casually if they remembered the event that happened previous day, gladly they didn’t. For safety reason, I gave them a false info just in case someone did remember something.

 

Today, we had a performance at Dongdaemun, a popular shopping district in Seoul. We were in the backstage waiting for our turned to perform. I was talking with Myungsoo and Sungyeol when I noticed Sunggyu’s eyes gazed at my direction, scrutinizing my every move for the numerous times today. I’ve already lost count. He might think I won’t notice but it was too obvious. I tried to act nonchalant. This was not the first time anyway. But something about his stared make me felt insecurity, like he knew something. I decided to confront him.

 

“Hyung, you kept looking at me, do you want something?” I asked as soon I reached him.

 

“No… nothing,” he was stuttered.  I didn’t believe him.

 

“Are you sure, hyung? But you…”

 

“Infinite, you are next.” Before I can finish my words, I was interrupted by one of the staff. I looked at the staff, sent him dagger, I was furious. But nothing I can do. I followed the other member headed to the stage, my eyes never left Sungkyu.

 

‘You can run now but not forever.’ I thought.

 

We started the performance.