chapter 12

Pretentious

 

“Yah, Sungjong-ah wake up. We already arrived.” I felt my body was shook by somebody. It was gentle at first but became aggressive soon after because of my lack of responded. I grunted while rubbing the drowsiness away, ready to fire the person who disturbed my really need sleep but the thought was gone as soon as my eyes landed on the culprit. There in front of me was Hoya, my favourite hyung.  There was no way I can be mad at Hoya although he sometimes tended to tease me a lot.

 

He gave me a gentle smile before his hand reached my head, “wake up sleepy head.” He ruffle my hair, effectively ruined my hairstyle. I pouted at him as my hand began fumbling with my hair to style it back in place. My bangs were long now but the manager hyung prevented me from getting a haircut. Something about concept for a new album, I don’t know, I’m not really paying attention when he mentioned that as I was distracted by a game in my phone at that time.

 

“Aigoo so cute.” Woohyun’s face popped up in front of me. His hand pinched my cheeks.

 

“Aww Hyung, it’s hurt.” I whined before shoving his hand away. I rubbed my cheeks slowly to ease the pained. “Why they always like to pinch my cheeks, it really hurts” I mumble silently.

 

“That’s because you’re too cute, maknae.” His hand once again tried to reach my cheeks but I dodged it easily. Woohyun gasped. His face showed a pure of shock. I sigh.  Now, here we go the drama queen or should I said drama king.

 

“Yah maknae, how can you do like that to your hyung?” pretending to felt hurt, Woohyun placed his hand near the heart and fake a tear. But I ignored it as I diligently collected all my things and jumped out off the van before proceed to drag Hoya together into our dorm building.

 

“Now, you ignored me. How I wished my Gyu was here. Yah Kim Sunggyu, where are you when I need you?” Woohyun said dramatically as he trailed behind us.

 

Wait, Sunggyu was not here, I thought we didn’t have any schedule after this.

 

“Sunggyu hyung not here?” I faced Hoya, asking him, unsure if I heard correctly.

 

“Yes, he’s not. He has some important meeting with the CEO and manager hyungs.” Instead of Hoya, Woohyun answered it.

 

“Meeting about what?”

 

“About our new album. Hah, I beat you.” Hoya said childish as he make a face at Woohyun who returned with an equally funny face. I face palm, feeling embarrass with their acted. It’s a good thing there was no one around. Aish these hyungs were so immature.

 

I neglected them as I quicken my pace, missing my bed so much right now as I can felt every part of my body felt stiff. A good slept would help to ease the stiffened.

 

Oh my bed, wait for me!

 

**********

 

My phone was ringing signalling there’s a message. With a mind still fuzzy from sudden woke up, I feel around my bed, looking for the phone. As my hand came in contact with the device, I abruptly picked it and read the message. I squinted to read the letters.

 

From: unknown number

Come to headquarter, Boss want to meet you.

 

 

I groaned, feeling exhausted all of sudden. I read the time displayed on my phone. 2 am.

 

I lay there motionless for a good 5 minutes, adjusting my eyes to the darkness, before woke up. Taking a cautious step, I climbed down the ladder and walked to my drawer. I took a black hooded to match with a black jeans, not really my kind of style. I wonder how come Myungsoo like this colour, it’s unattractive from my point of view, giving a gloomy atmosphere.

 

As I finished dressing, I glanced at Hoya to see if he still asleep. He was sound asleep. It’s a good thing Hoya had a habit sleeping with a full blast hip hop song played in his MP3.

 

I opened the door and walked outside, the hallway was dark with no present of other hyungs. I guess they were all tired from the practice. I strolled to the main door, put the shoes and slipped outside.

 

Once I was outside of the building, I took a left turn, passing through a few shops before I halted my pace in front of a garage. I pulled out a key from my jeans’ pocket, jab it into the key hole and twisted it. I took a long breath prior lifted the heavy steel door open from the bottom. I took a few times to adjust my eyes with the darkness and when I’m certain that I’m fully adjusted, I stepped into the garage.

 

I searched for the light switch on my right. I flicked all of the switches on, and the hanging lights way above the high ceiling of the garage lighted up one by one, revealing a familiar site. I headed to the centre of garage where a black motorbike stood proud. My companion, I really miss you. It’s been a long time since the last time I drove the bike.

 

I hopped on my motorbike and started the engine before sped out of the garage.

 

***********

 

I arrived in front of an abandon house. I parked my motorbike and walked to the house. The house was small with no furniture at all. I headed to the middle of the house and remove the carpet that covered the floor. There, I found a very loose panel.

 

I opened it and make my way down the stone steps. At each step, I can felt the temperature dropped significantly sending chills down my spine. Different from the above layout, the room down here was in better condition. It was a very high tech room with metal walls lined the whole room. There was a large metal door at the end of room where a voice recognition systems place at the left side of door.

 

I walked closely to the device and spoke ‘Dark Angel’. The door opened automatically revealed a spacious room inside. I stepped inside but was stopped abruptly when a pocket knife flying toward me. I dodged it by leaning to the left slightly causing the knife to impale at the wall behind.

 

A man came to me with a full force, bringing his hand forward to punch me. I blocked it with swiftness before sent a round house to him. He dodged it with a sway of his head as he tried to disarm my right hand but I avoided it by kicking his side. Feeling dissatisfied, the man started to jab at me back and forth. I dodged the blows with duck, side steps and fluid single body motions. He gave me a last punch which I ducked and passed him while back handing his head.

 

With a grunt I sent him over my shoulder but he landed on his feet and did a spin kick to my feet. I nearly tripped but landed smoothly on my hands before pulled myself back up. Not wasting anytime, I gave him a hammering kick on the shoulder and he fell down with a thud. I smirked.

 

The man only sneer as he stood up. With a fast step, he sent an axe kick to my head which I dodged by bent backward like a matrix. I barely had enough time to prepare myself as he began a rain of painful blows on my chest, legs and arms. The move was fast and hard that I kept move back to avoid his blows until I felt my rear bumped into the wall behind. That was when I decided to reverse our position.

 

Looking for a chance to counterattack, I blocked his moved using my hand before launch myself forward when I spotted an open space. I sent a quick and steady kick, aiming the open space. It caught him off guard as he stumble backward. Didn’t waste any time, I went for a quick knee jab, but he evaded the blow and slide kicked my feet. I fell back but manage to spring back up on my arm and send a double kick to his defence.  

 

His feet skidded back from the force of the kick, and he dusted himself off as I am in my ready position. Taking a breath, I waited for his next move. We eyed each other cautiously. Neither of us makes a move.

 

I took a good look at him. He looks the same even it felt like ages since I last saw him. The same cold eyes that piercing through soul. The same nonchalant attitude that turned serious when facing the enemy. He was known to be no mercy towards enemy, the same thing he done now. He has no mercy.

 

Suddenly I felt nostalgic washed over me that I can’t contain myself from left out a chuckle. Confuse was on his face as he asked, “What are you laughing at?”

 

“Nothing. Just felt nostalgic suddenly.” I said honest.

 

He smirked, “Are you ready?” he said as he positioned himself.

 

“Yes, TOP.”

 

another chapter yay... sorry if the fight scene didn't make sense... i had tried my best 

anyway enjoy and don't forget to comment or subscribe