the time has come.

When you're looking like that. - Part 2

Your POV

  I sat in the library, flipping the pages of the resource book I was reading. I could feel the strain of every vein in my head. "Come on where is it...where is it..." I mumbled to myself as I continuously flipped the pages, trying to find the answer to what I was looking for. 

  "Ah found it!" I said, making sure not to be too loud such that others could hear me. My lecturer, Mr Choi, wanted me to finish my assignment and hand it in on that particular day. I panicked out and spent the whole day trying to complete the assignment he gave. Thank goodness I managed to sort out my schedule evenly and complete it. Omg I'm done finally! I yawned while stretching my arms back in my seat. Suddenly I felt a vibration from my pocket. I sat back up and reached for my phone. It was a text message from Seol.

  "I'm at the front gate of your school. Meet me there at 5.00pm once you're done." 

   I was about to put my phone away, when I felt another vibration.

  "...and don't be late!" I glanced at my watch. , it was 4.55pm! I grumbled as I stood up immediately while cleaning up the mess of papers and books on the table. I didn't bother to put the books back so all I did was chuck the books on the bookshelves and left the library. I rushed to the teacher's office and slipped my assignment into Mr Choi's locker. I paced up my steps and walked towards the front gate. 

  That must be her. I thought, as I saw a familiar figure leaning against the pillar with her arms folded. I panted, trying to catch my breath as I stood beside her.

  "About damn time," she said.

  "I wasn't late, heh," I replied. She glanced at her watch and gave me a sheepish smile. I just stared at her feeling confused after all the running. She suddenly placed her arm around my shoulder. I was quite surprised by her sudden reaction.

  "Now, you follow me," she said and pulled me along with her. 
 


 
Soon, I found myself standing outside a fancy restaurant in a shopping mall. "What're we doing here?" I asked.

"Dinner?" Seol beamed.

"You're treating me to dinner?" I gawked in surprise.

"Once in a while....no harm right?" Seol led us in and the waiter obediently served us with the menus. We were sitting near the glass panel and I could simply see the rows of shops in the big hallway. We happily took our time to look at the different ala cartes they were serving customers for that day. After placing our orders, we had a little chat between ourselves. The atmosphere was soothing and soft music was playing in the background. The restaurant was dim-lit with chandeliers all around and everything looked simple yet elegant. 

"This looks place looks rather expensive. Are you really paying for dinner?" I asked.

"Mhm...I guess," Seol said while admiring the atmosphere around her. I was puzzled by her response. She doesn't seem to look like she could afford to handle the "high class" standard. I mean, I've known her all my life. Obviously I'd notice if things go odd. We continued to chat and shared our thoughts about school. Both of us were undergoing the same bitter process of managing our assignments accordingly. I had to agree with whatever she said because it simply made sense. 

  Out of the blue, I heard faint sounds of knocking from the glass panel beside us. As were were a table away from the glass panel, the sound wasn't that loud. Until I heard it repeatedly, I turned to face the direction of where the sound was coming from. 

  Omg. Minhyuk?? What is he doing here? My heart skipped a beat. Standing next to Minhyuk was Jaehyo. Jaehyo was happily whispering something into Minhyuk's ears. I looked at Seol, but she was busy giggling at their antics and not giving me any personal response at all. I turned my attention to the duo again. It seems like talking about something and I just couldn't make out what they were talking about since the glass panel prevented their voices from being heard.

  I stretched my head to get a better view of the people behind them and saw someone familiar too. 

  Pyo??? He too was busy discussing something with Minhyuk and Jaehyo. I lightly kicked Seol's feet under the table and gestured her for some answers. She looked at me and shrugged. 

"Wh-what's all this? Why are they here?" I asked.

"They have a special performance for us. Watch," Seol said while chuckling under her breath. Minhyuk knocked on the glass panel again and signalled me to look at him. This time, I saw Jaehyo holding a few A3-sized white paperboards in his hands. I could see that he was having so much fun holding the cards out as Minhyuk takes them one by one. I could not make out what both of them were saying and all I could see was giggling actions.

Jaehyo gave a firm nod to Minhyuk and that was when I see it. When Minhyuk holds up the boards, my heart stopped.

  "HI BEAUTIFUL"

I read the big bold letters that were imprinted on the white board. I let out a soft chuckle and looked at Seol, who was busy smiling away. He put up another board which says:

  "THIS IS AWKWARD, BUT BEAR WITH ME."

  Now everyone in the restaurant was turning their attention towards us. I felt uneasy as I knew all eyes were on me and Minhyuk. I nodded and he put up another which says:

  "I'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT US, BUT I THINK IT'S TIME."

  ...and another,

  "TO LET YOU KNOW THAT"

  This time, Jaehyo whispered something into his ears which made Minhyuk bit his lower lip in response. He passed the boards that he had put up to Pyo and took another board from Jaehyo's hands.

  "I LOVE YOU."

  I hid my smile with my hands as he put up another,

  "ALTHOUGH I RARELY TALK ABOUT MARRIAGE BETWEEN US,"

  "TRUST ME. MARRIAGE SCARES THE HELL OUT OF ME."

  I laughed at the last sentence that he put up. 

  "BUT I FINALLY REALISED THAT..."

  "NOBODY CAN EVER MAKE ME HAPPY LIKE YOU DO..."

  I bit my lower lip, to prevent myself from getting flushed any further.

  "MY FRIENDS ASKED ME..."

  " 'IF YOU LIKE IT, Y U NO PUT A RING ON IT?'

  Minhyuk passed the used boards back to Pyo while he adjusted himself to put up a few more boards. 

  "SO I THOUGHT ABOUT IT..."

  "LIKE A SIR."

  Mhm, continue baby just continue... I thought.

  "SO YENNY KIM,"

  "WILL YOU...."

  I looked at Seol. "What what what?" I asked anxiously while laughing at myself for feeling so awkward.
 

  "WILL YOU...MARRY ME?"

  I covered my face as I felt the heat rising upon my cheeks. I couldn't stop myself but to plaster the smile on my face. I looked at Minhyuk, as he waited for my response.

  I nodded my head in approval.

  Yes Minhyuk, I will marry you. I thought. Minhyuk put up his final board which says:

  "ASKED YENNY, AND SHE SAID YES!!!"

  "Oh my god how cute!" I heard Seol squeal. I felt elated at that very moment. My heart was racing like mad and I couldn't seem to control my inner self.

  "Go go go!" Seol knudged me to go Minhyuk. I stood up from my seat and saw Minhyuk entering the restaurant with Jaehyo following behind him. At that point of time, I couldn't move. My legs felt like jelly and I could almost flop back down on my seat anytime. Minhyuk walked towards me. Everyone in the restaurant already had their eyes on the spectacular commotion but I didn't really care.

  He took something from Jaehyo's hand, which I saw to be something silver and shiny. He bent down on one leg and put out his hand. "May I have your hand, Miss?" He asked, with the most sincere voice I've ever heard. He ended off his sentence with a few coughs, showing how nervous he was. I pursed my lips as I let out my right hand to him. Carefully, he slipped in the silver ring into my finger. 

  I looked at him in awe, as I felt the corner of my eyes starting to get wet. Minhyuk stood up and immediately pulled me into a hug. The "audience" suddenly burst into a round of applause which made the situation seemed more grand. I hugged him back, tighter. No one could ever feel how I felt at that particular moment. Everything seemed so beautiful...so perfect.

 

---

A/N: so I'm back with another chapter! How do you like Minhyuk's proposal? kekeke~ sweet, no? i need comments dear readers! ^^

- Admin J