wedding bells are ringing - Part II

When you're looking like that. - Part 2

  Time check - 5.00pm.

  Time does fly when your mind is on endless work mode. From where I was sitting, I could see the blue sky from my room's window pane. My energy level was slowly decreasing in time. I was dead exhausted. Fortunately, I managed to get some sleep. At least now I would feel less tired and abit more revived. All of a sudden, Seol came running into my room, slamming the door behind her. She clicked on the door lock and leaned herself facing the door, as if she was trying to hear something. 

  "What are you-" I didn't manage to complete what I wanted to ask her when suddenly, there came a few loud knocks from the door. 

  "Hurry let me in! I just want to take a peek!" It was Jaehyo.

  "No, you can't! How can you just barge in like that!" She shouted back.

  "I promise I won't tell Minhyuk. Seol-ah....Oopen the door come on," he knocked a few times again.

  "NEVER. You can stay there for as long as you want, but I'm never opening this door till Yenny's fully prepared," she said firmly. And then there was total silence. I ceased my eyebrows at her, trying to dechipher what was happening. At that moment, she turned around to face me and huffed a sigh of relief.

  "He just won't listen," she said.

  "To what?" 

  "He desperately wants to take a look at how you'd look like in the dress that we've bought for you. And I've already told him not to be such a busybody and he could still see it in the end. Well, boys being boys... I can't really trust him in this since I knew he's going tell Minhyuk from everything."

  "Dress? OH, you mean this dress?" I said, pointing to the cream-coloured dress which was hanging perfectly on my cupboard.

  "Mhm."

  "You bought the dress? Why wasn't I aware about that..." I mumbled.

  "Not me alone, of course. Jaehyo and I bought it. We thought of giving you the dress as your wedding present since we don't really have any idea of what to get you." 

  I was speechless. I took a glance at the dress and back to Seol. "Don't worry. It's nothing much. Anyway, let's get you ready now. We've not much time to waste till dinner," she added. Right. Time was running out and I knew the sky's going get any darker soon. Seol helped me out with the outfit for the evening and I was all set. I walked over to the full length mirror to check myself out before I head out. The dress fitted me perfectly and nothing was out of shape. I felt much lighter compared to wearing the wedding gown, which had a heavier density at the lower part of the gown. I turned to Seol, who was beside me and hugged her tight. 

  "Thank you so much," I said. She simply smiled and uttered, "It's your night. Enjoy the moment while it lasts." I grabbed my black purse which was displaying itself neatly on my dressing table. Making sure I had my phone and all my other necessities in already, I strutted to the door, with Seol walking in front of me.

  As soon as I stepped out, I spotted 2 gorgeous men talking among themselves. 

  "Here comes the bride~" Seol cooed, walking over to Jaehyo. I was immediately gazed onto Minhyuk, who was standing with both his hands in his pocket. He doesn't seem to have any expression on his face. I looked down on my dress to check if there were anything undone. Nothing. Everything seemed fine. I looked back up at him and right then, his expression changed and it grew into a big smile, revealing his ever-so-cute dimples. Oh wow, so he was dressed in black and white too. I began to wonder, was all this planned? It all seemed to fit so perfectly, despite the little info that I've been receiving.

  Nevertheless, I gathered all my courage and walked up to him. Our eyes were forever interlocked when we met, and it doesn't seem like a weird thing to me anymore.

  "Your eyes..." I said, pointing a finger at him.

  "What's wrong with his eyes??" Seol suddenly butted in at my sudden statement. Minhyuk let out a laugh. I smiled, thinking of the remark Seol just said. Seriously girl, you don't know a thing. She only looked at Jaehyo with a confused expression. 

  "Inside joke," Minhyuk responded calmly. 

  "Okay let's go guys, We don't want to keep the people waiting for our VIP guests, right?" Jaehyo said, making his first move towards the door. The four of us hopped into the car and Jaehyo brought us to a hotel building which was supposingly known as the InterContinental Seoul COEX Hotel, famous for its high-class facility rate.
 


 
As soon as we arrived, Jaehyo and Seol led us to the level where the event conjuction was being held. There were few people walking around and some were seen enjoying their drinks with some guests. I couldn't recognise who is who, but I was definitely hoping my eyes were able to spot the dance crew boys. I grasped onto Minhyuk's hand firmly as we walked along.

  The moment I entered the ballroom, the entire area was filled with guests who were already sitted at their tables. A number of waiters were seen walking around serving wines and champagnes from table to table. The ballroom wasn't that big. It was just nice and could fit the number of people that were invited for that night. 

  Minhyuk held out his arm for me to loop my hand in. My heart was racing again, knowing that I was gonna walk on that same aisle once again, with people having their eyes on me. No, us. I slipped my hand into his arm, while holding onto my purse with my other hand tightly. Jaehyo, who had been taking the lead, turned around to face us and said, "Seol and I are going to walk behind you. So once we're behind, I'll signal you to walk. Just go all the way to the front table there. It's already been reserved for us. And just walk normally like you usually do. This is not like some marching event or something so there's no need to walk with style okay." 

  I nodded with whatever he had instructed us to do. Jaehyo and Seol took their places afterwards which left Minhyuk and I facing the huge crowd. 

  "Okay. Go." He signalled. Carefully, we made our way through and I was just fascinated by the chandeliers that were hanging. I looked around and smiled back at the crowd in response, who were giving me their sincere smiles. We reached the table and Minhyuk pulled out one of the elegantly-decorated chairs for me to sit. Luckily, Seol and Jaehyo sat at our table too. Or else things are going to get awkward with just the two of us at one table. 

  "Good evening ladies and gentlemen. It seems like we can already begin tonight's event as the bride and groom have already taken their places. Could you please stand up and introduce yourselves? Let's give them a round of applause!" the emcee of the night said.

The emcee. That blonde hair dude... I've seen him somewhere... Zico. It's the Z! Wait, introduce myself? What was I supposed to say?

Minhyuk then immediately gestured me to stand up from my seat to greet the audience. At that moment, I started panicking inside. I just followed whatever Minhyuk does - which was to stand, smile, and give a 45-degree bow. I literally did the same thing and I was back in my seat once again. 

 "That's how you do the introduction?" I whispered.

 "Yeah it's like that. Were you expecting something else?" he replied. I shook my head. Dinner was being served right after and I must say, they serve one of the best dishes I've ever tasted. The four of us had a great time exchanging compliments and critics about the food. The waiters who served us were also all very friendly indeed. Once in awhile, guests would come over to my table to ask for a picture taken together. It was such a extravagant event and I couldn't help myself but to plaster a smile throughout. 

  "Are they outsiders or are they from another dance crew?" I asked Minhyuk.

  "I recognise some of them. They trained in the same studio as well. But I'm not sure about the rest. Maybe they've seen me, but I've not seen them," he answered. Just then, I realised Seol and Jaehyo were not at their seats. I stretched my head up to search for them amongst the sea of crowd. Unfortunately, it was to no avail.

  "Where did they go?" I asked, pointing to their seats. Minhyuk finished his last gulp of wine before answering me, "They said they were going to the loo for awhile."

  Together? What? 

  "Alright ladies and gentlemen. I hope you're having an enjoyable time until now, just like our dearest couple over there," Zico spoke once he got back on stage. He totally cut my train of thought I was having. I just gave him a smile when he mentioned us.

  "And as for tonight, I'm just gonna be my usual self and deliver my speech in my own style. Well we've got to let our hair down since it's Saturday night! Now for the next item, we have a video specially dedicated to Mr Lee Minhyuk together with Ms Yenny Lee. So, let's get the camera rolling!" he continued. Wow I'm sure it must've been pretty awkward to address Minhyuk using a 'mister' instead of calling him by his usual name. So much for being the leader of a dance crew.

  A screen was being rolled down and the video started playing right afterwards. The lights in the ballroom dimmed a little as the video started rolling. I had my eyes glued onto the screen to see what the video was all about. I was instantly flattered when a slideshow of pictures showing photos of the four us appeared. Unconsciously, I started to smile to myself as I see the different photos being displayed on the screen. The whole collage was presented in a form of video, which actually made it pretty cool when it was accompanied with the background music as well. 

  "This is sweet," I said, as I leaned in nearer to Minhyuk. 

  "Yeah?" was all he said.

 After everything was over, everyone applauded in unison and the lights went back on again. "Now, may I call upon the couple who had created this video to say a few words," Zico announced. 

  Right at that moment, Jaehyo and Seol came strolling in, each with a microphone in their hands. Both of them were giggling sheepishly to each other as they prepared themselves. I already knew they were the ones who created the video. I mean, who would know so much about us apart from our usual clan? It was quite a giveaway to guess.

  "Ah, ehem, ehem," Jaehyo's voice boomed through the speakers.

  "Erm okay, hi. My name's Jaehyo and this young lady beside me is Lee Seol. We've pretty much known Minhyuk and Yenny for almost 5 years already, and....it's gonna be surprising if we don't have a single idea of what their lives are all about. But to summarise it all, Seol and I worked hard on this video we made. Specially to you over there, Minhyuk-ssi, hope that made you smile," Jaehyo said while pointing at our direction.

  "So on this special day, we would love to congratulate Minhyuk and Yenny on their successful marriage, and the both of us really hope you guys would have a lifelong journey together despite the up-and-downs you face. Our friendship doesn't end here, okay? This is definitely just the beginning. Erm, so yeah. I guess that's all. Thank you," he continued, ending the speech with a bow. The both of them hurriedly scurried backstage to hide themselves from the audience. I'm surprised. Seol doesn't talk. Usually she would be the one who'd take over the speech and conquer the audience. Not today I guess. 

  When they were finally back at the table, they took their seats and took a sip of water. "Hey, that was amazing. I don't know how to thank you guys enough," Minhyuk voiced out. 

  "Okay now.... the dancefloor is open to everyone. Let's dance everybody!" Zico announced. The crowd chorused together in unison and some of them had even already gotten their butts off their seats. Soon, the room was slightly dimmed and everyone started attacking the massive area, which I assumed it to be the dancefloor. 

  "Minhyuk! Go ahead and dance!" Jaehyo shouted, since the music playing was too loud for our voices to be heard at normal tone. Minhyuk changed his focus on me and asked if I wanted to dance with him.

  "In this? Ha-ha, no," I said, pointing to the dress I was wearing. 

  "Aw come one Yenny! Just a little shake here and a little shake there would be fine. It's not as if you're gonna rip it off or something!" Seol retorted. Suddenly, Minhyuk pulled my hand gesturing me to stand up and follow him. I had no choice but to follow him out to the dancefloor. As soon as we started dancing, the crowd around us started to back away, giving us more space.

  Soon, we were standing in the middle of the dancefloor with everyone else crowding around us in a circle. Minhyuk simply grooved to the music, with his hands on my waist to keep me balanced. On the other hand, I kept my hands on his shoulders and took baby steps to prevent myself from falling off. Imagine dancing with high heels! It was killing me. But I didn't know why, I just seemed to be into the music like some kind of trance, and I found myself moving in rhythm together with Minhyuk. It was almost as if we've got some kind of chemistry built up between us. 

  When Minhyuk spun me around to face him, he suddenly had a rose in his mouth, gripping its stalk by his teeth. What the hell, where did that rose come from? My eyes widened upon seeing the rose and instead of focusing into his eyes, I was just distracted by the rose. So, what am I supposed to do now? Grab the rose at the other end using my mouth? I hope not! 

  When Minhyuk hugged me closer, giving me signal to take the flower from him, I pursed my lips and used my fingers to take it from his mouth. I wanted to laugh out loud as the whole thing seemed so funny when it occured at that point of time. Such moves are supposed to be practiced a lot of times, but this looked really like an epic fail. The crowd burst into a loud applause when the music ended right after I took the rose from him. I hid my face in the crook of his neck, flushing from embarrassment.

  Gosh, how embarrassing! He held me by the waist and pulled me back to our seats.

  "WHOA WHAT WAS THAT ALL ABOUT?" Seol asked, gaping wide open. I laughed hysterically. 

  "No really, where did the rose come from?" Jaehyo continued, putting his hands up. Minhyuk took a gulp of water before responding, "Some ahjussi gave me a rose and I didn't know what to do. So I just grabbed it from him and made it seem as if it's all part of the dance." That added to the laughter of the whole situation. 

  I cooled myself down and took sips of water. The rose was still on the table, lying lifelessly there. I wanted to head back, but something tells me I should stay and just enjoy the moment while everything lasts.

  Anyway, nothing did last forever. 

 

---

A/N: OKAY WOW LONG UPDATE. Phew! :3

- Admin J