are you alright?

When you're looking like that. - Part 2

  I heaved a sigh of relief as the school bell rang, marking the end of lesson for the day. With that little amount of energy left, I shoved my belongings into my bag and headed out of the class. I sat on the stairs of the foyer of the school. The silver ring which fits perfectly around my finger shone brightly as it hit the rays of the sun. I fumbled around with the ring, twisting and turning it around my finger. Events from the day before started playing back in my head. I couldn't help feel like i'm the only special girl in the world. 

  I was pulled back into reality when the sound of car horn was honking mercilessly. I looked up and saw him waving at me from inside the car. I slung my bag over my shoulder and stood up. How my hurt from sitting on the cold ground for too long! I kept my balance as I walked down the few piles of steps before reaching the car.

 "How's today?" Minhyuk asked.

 "The same old routine..." I croacked, while fixing my seat belt on.

 "You look tired."

 "Yeah kinda," I sniffed, trying to force a smile.

 "Well...then let's find something to get you back alive, shall we?" he said excitedly as he started on his engine. I found that sentence rather amusing. I'm already alive, Minhyuk! My brain's just dead tired. Soon enough, we arrived at petite-looking cafe which, to be honest, I've never seen before.

"Stay here," he said as he got out of the car. "And don't go anywhere." I watch him walk into Starchucks and disappear among the crowd that was forming up near the counter. I leaned my head back against the head rest and closed my eyes. Thought that I needed this rest, even if it's just for a few minutes. 

 Not long after, I was awakened by the sound of knocking and saw Minhyuk standing with his hands full. I stretched over to unlock the car door on his side so he could enter. "Here, for you," he handed me a small bowl with a plastic spoon stuck onto it. 

 "Oh my god frozen yogurt!" I squealed as soon as I took a taste of it. My eyes widened in pleasure as I endulged in the most delicious thing ever. 

 "See, now you're alive," he teased. I let out a small laugh and continued feeding myself, ignoring him. 


Time was running out and Minhyuk sent me home as it was getting dark. As soon as I reached, I took a cold shower and relaxed myself on my bed. Something felt odd. Today was not like any other days. I didn't feel excited when I'm with Minhyuk. My body felt restless and it gave me goosebumps now and then. Basically I wasn't full of expression when I was with him.

 "Maybe I'm just tired," I thought. I was about to drift off to sleep when I felt a vibration coming from the night stand. I stretched out my hand to reach for my phone and saw and incoming message from Minhyuk. I sat up quickly. 
 

Minhyuk: Hey. Guess today wasn't a hyper day for you huh? You look tired and restless. I'm sorry if I couldn't make you laugh either. Hmm, rest well okay honey! At least, I hope that treat could actually make you talk for awhile. Beep me once you've read this. Goodnight, xoxo.

I felt my tmmy tie up in knots after reading those words. He knew. He knew I wasn't my usual self today. 

"Ughhhhhh...." I groaned as I let my head hit the pillow once again. That insecure feeling was building up upon me.

 


 

Minhyuk's POV

  "She's not replying...must be asleep I guess," I thought for long as I patiently waited for her reply. However, nothing happened. I sprawled my legs across the sofa and let out a heavy sigh. Negative thoughts stared flooding in my stream of mind. I was hoping I didn't do anything wrong. But somehow, I couldn't feel at ease thinking about it. All of a sudden, my brain just let out the most magnificent solution to my problem. I felt like a superhero instantly.

I grabbed my phone which was across the table and started punching in some numbers. The other end of the line kept ringing continuously, while I waited patiently for the caller to answer the call. 

"Hello??" the caller answered.

"Hello? Hey Jihoon." 

"Hyung is that you?" he replied sounding muffled. I immediately sat up to get a clear conversation of what Pyo was trying to say.

 "YAH!! What's going on at the back there?" I was almost screaming my heart out.

 "WHAT DID YOU SAY?? I CAN'T HEAR YOU WE'RE HAVING PRACTICE NOW AND THE MUSIC'S KILLING ME I'LL CALL YOU SOON HYUNG!!" he said all of it in one sentence and hung up after that. I stared at the caller ID, feeling puzzled.

 "What the f..." I mumbled. I rubbed the back of my head as I tried to think of another solution. I snapped my fingers in glee as soon as I came up with another brilliant solution. 

  JAEHYO.

 "H-h-hello?" he picked up the call after 3 consecutive rings. How efficient!

 "Hello? Wow that's fast," I said.

 "Yeah I was holding onto my phone. What's up? It better be something good since you're calling me at this point of time."

 "Remember about the wedding plans we discussed about the other day? I was wondering when we could head over to the bridal shop soon. Seems like -" 

 "YAH SEOL!!!!!" I was cut off when Jaehyo suddenly screamed out loud from the other end. 

 "Seol??" I asked.

 "No, nothing. What were you saying? Seems like what?"

 I huffed and continued whatever I was saying halfway, "Seems like Yenny's getting tired everyday after school. If let's say... We go to the bridal shop after her school hours, she'd be exhausted and famished by then." I heard weird noises from the other end, and it sounded like someone was being hit by something.... Or someone?

Jaehyo didn't reply me and the line was awkwardly quiet. I was beginning to get annoyed. "Are you listening?!!" I boomed into the phone. 

"Hang on bro, give me a minute," Jaehyo said firmly.

"STOP IT. I'm talking to Minhyuk on the other line, so no more pillows landing on my head," I heard him murmur. This time it sounded as if he had brought the phone away from his mouth.

"Okay. I'm all ears now," he said.

"What's happening?" 

"Oh nothing. We're just playing. She keeps hitting the back of my head with the pillows so I had to stop her since you're on the line," he whined. I kept silent to process whatever he just said. Pillows?

"Hello? Bro, you there?"

I snapped out of my daze. "Ah yes yes. The date. Bridal. Date."

 "Maybe you could try on weekends? Since it's Saturday tomorrow, why not ask her out? But no matter how much I think about it, everything would seem more perfect if you let Seol go with her instead. As the groom, we should be settling with your outfit," he calmly explained. He has a good point. That way, things would be more interesting. 

 

---

A/N: hi! sorry for the lack of updates. been busy these days. yeah i'm sick and i'm writing this ;_; sobs my life = my readers. LOL, just kidding haha. but i'm really down with fever and apparently i had nothing better to do. so....whalla~! ^^ oh and can i share the joy of my life now? 
i know i'm slow but....Spy Myungwol...

ERIC MUN!!!!!

NOW TELL ME....OMG I SWEAR HE'S DRIVING ME CRAY. *rips hair off* 

- Admin J