rain, rain, go away.

When you're looking like that. - Part 2

Your POV

  Waking up to a cold morning wasn't my cup of tea. I hated it when it rained in the early morning, especially when it's on school days. Slippery roads, wet shoes, and the worst - dirty wet footprints seen in the hallway of the school. Luckily, I wasn't needed to come to school on that particular day. I rolled myself in bed, cuddling my pillow close to me. I glanced at the clock on my nightstand - 5.00am. I blinked a few times. 5.00am? It almost felt like it was 3.00 in the morning! Must be the dark clouds that hovered above. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get anymore sleep. So I hopped out of bed and went to the kitchen to fetch myself a glass of water. I shivered as the cold air brushed against my skin.

Plopping down on one of the chairs, I reached out for my phone which was placed on the dining table. But wait, I thought I left it under my pillow the night before? I must be dreaming. There's no way a stationary object could move by itself. Scrolling through the unread messages left for me, I came across the message Minhyuk had sent. . I forgot to reply him last night. I bit my lower lip, trying to find a possible way to explain it to him. 

Me: Sorry babe. I didn't see that coming.

Without much thinking, that text was sent. I gulped down the last drop of water and placed my glass on the table. Since there was still much time left, I decided to watch a little tv before the sun rises. I was quite elated when my favourite variety show, "Running Man" was playing its encore on Channel SBS. It definitely made a good start for a day.
 

 



"Okay hold on, I'm coming!" I literally said out loud when my phone kept ringing for the umpteenth time. 

"Yenny! Hurry open the door! I need to use your toilet!" I heard a voice coming from the front door. I did not manage to catch a glance of the caller ID but assuming from the voice, it's definitely her. I realised that it was still raining cats and dogs when I walked over to the window, still keeping the phone close to my ear. Furthermore, loud roars of thunder could be heard. It was 7.00am, yet the weather was still as dark as ever. 

  Seol was standing at the doorstep and was really drenched in the rain. Her phone was still in her hands while she hugged her body tight. She ran inside and rushed to the toilet. What was she doing here right now? It was 7 in the morning and the weather was this bad. So what made her come all the way here? I closed the door shut and ran back to my room to get a towel and some dry clothes. When I came back, Seol was already standing at the footstep of the toilet, still hugging her body tight. 

"Here. Put these on." I threw her the necessities that I've prepared. I plopped down on the sofa and waited for her. Soon enough, Seol came out wearing the clothes I gave. 

"What're you doing?" I blurted out.

"Uhh..." She stopped in her tracks and gave me a nervous look. "Drying my hair?" She continued ruffling her hair with the towel.

"No I mean, what are you doing here? You seem to love coming over to my place at such hours. Maybe you should just move in with me as well," my tone was definitely filled with sarcasm, I know. She heaved out a sigh and sat beside me, hugging her legs close to her. 

"I need to bring you somewhere," she said. Okay wait, she sounded weird. Really weird.

"Where?" I replied.

"A place to find your.... Wedding gown," she stammered.

"Today? Tell me you're joking."

She bit her lower lip, looking so intensed. She nodded. 

"Of all the days....today?" I whined loudly.

"Eeee-yeah...." she said. I could sense she was trying to hide something from me. 

"Come on. I know you. Spill it," I demanded. She hid her face by placing her head on her knees. "Mmmfffmff....." was all I heard from her muffled voice. "Okay fine I can't hold it in anyway."

Oh finally! 

"Okay so...it's gonna be like this. We've planned that your wedding event will be on this week and-"

"This week? Are you ing insane?!" I shrieked.  

"Wait wait, listen! Jesus. Yes this week. BUT. It's going to be on Saturday. So, you've got 5 days exact to get yourself prepared. I didn't want to shock you but it's better if you know about it.... so you won't panic," she continued. Hell no! I was already panicking. Someone remind me not to go ape please.

"But but.... NO WAY I haven't even got myself a...a...wedding dress?" I stuttered. 

"Exactly why I'm here," was all she replied. I get what she was trying to say. After dechipering, I realised she wanted to bring me out on that day.
 

"So you're here and you want to bring me to the bridal shop to get my wedding dress done?"

"Yup! And nope, Minhyuk won't be there," she saidwhile stretching her legs out. "But why?" I argued.

"What do you mean 'why'? It's not going to be a surprise anymore once Minhyuk sees you in your wedding dress," she said and I swore I saw her eyes rolled at me. "Alright fair enough. We can't really go out with the storm hitting on us though."

 "Not now of course. There's no way I'll bring you out on such a weather. Besides, which bridal shop opens before 10.00am huh??" She said.

  Right. Good point.