That's not how it was supposed to be.

When you're looking like that. - Part 2

  I stepped into the house fumbling with the house keys as I removed my shoes. I was shocked to see the kitchen lights on. Normally, I would make sure to switch off all the lights in the house before heading out. "Did I forget to switch the kitchen lights off?" I thought. I switched on the lights in the living room before heading to the kitchen. As I walked towards the kitchen, I saw a human figure sitting at the dining table as I passed by the dining room. My attention was immediately focused on the dark shadow. I couldn't really see the face as the dining lights weren't switched on yet. As much as I wanted to switch on the lights, the voices in my head told me to stay rooted to the ground and wait till the shadow reveals himself.

"So you're back...?" it said.

"Wait I know that voice..." I thought.

"Hmm, I thought so. Did you have fun today?" it continued. I couldn't take it any longer. I rushed to the switches and the lights. Finally! The whole house was fully lit!

 "Babe...? What are you doing here?" I muttered under my breath. He had both his hands on the table, holding his palms together. He slowly lifted up his head and looked at me. I could see the odd expression on his face. I knew something wasn't right. 

 I'm sure you had fun right?" He said as he stood up from his seat. I kept silent. He took a final look at me and walked off. 

 "Whoa whoa hang on a second," I grabbed onto his left shoulder. "So it was you?" He didn't answer. He knew what I was referring to. I knew that he was the one who's been secretly tailing behind me while I was out with Chihoon earlier that afternoon. 

 "SO IT WAS INDEED YOU? Are you mad?" I continued. I didn't care. I wanted to get some answers from him. He shoved me off slightly and walked out of the house. I stood there gawking at him. I took out my phone and wanted to call Seol, but some outstanding notifications caught my eye instantly. I realised Minhyuk had left me missed calls for as much as 13 times that day. 

 Guilt wrapped my entire self and my feet went cold. It's not that I didn't want to pick up his calls, but I was too overwhelemed with Chihoon's presence around that I didn't want anyone to interrupt us. 

 I let Minhyuk be on his own. I guessed he needed to calm himself first before hearing my whole explanation.


 On the very next day, I decided to drag myself to Shinhwa's School of Arts and find Minhyuk. Upon arriving, I managed to enter the school as it doesn't have any restrictions to visitors. The first place I went to was dance studio because, obviously. It was located at the 4th floor and so I took the elevator for it. I walked down the hallway to find the room Minhyuk was in. It was quite hard to spot him as the rooms along the hallway were all dance studios.

"Bloody hell this school is filthy rich." I thought to myself. Alas, I managed to spot Minhyuk through the glass panel in a particular room. Without knocking, I pushed the door open and let myself in. The room was air-conditioned and it smelled like sweat. Lots of sweat. There was a group of guys doing their routine in a corner and Minhyuk was with them, leaning against the wall.

The group of guys immediately stopped what they were doing and had their attention on me. All of them looked at me with a clueless expression. I could only stand there and stare at them back. 

"Yo bro, I think you've got company," one of them snapped their fingers to get Minhyuk's attention. Minhyuk turned around and saw me standing near the door, looking surprised as soon as he saw me. He cooly walked towards me and instantly grabbed my arm, pulling me outside.

"What?" he asked.

"You know what. Why are you being like this?" I hissed. He looked away, clenching his jaws tight.

"Look, I dont know what's going through in your mind but it's not like THAT. That guy whom I was with the other day a friend of mine. A long-lost friend. He's not what you think he is." I continued.

"Even when you two hugged and held hands? Please Yenny, I'm not being petty without a reason," he argued.

 "They don't even mean anything! I was just being.....me. It's been a decade since I last saw him," I crossed my arms, feeling pissed. Minhyuk shot me one his death glares.

  "And you didn't even answer my-" 

  "I'M SORRY OKAY. I'M SORRY I DIDN'T ANSWER YOUR CALLS I'M SORRY IF I MADE YOU MAD BY HANGING AROUND WITH SOME OTHER GUY WHOM I SPECIFICALLY RECALLED BEING FRIENDS WITH." I could already feel the tears forming at the corner of my eyes and ended up pouring out all my anger on Minhyuk.

  Minhyuk stayed silent as beads of sweat dripped down his arms and neck. I felt so angry and confused, I burst out. I covered my face with my hands and tried to hold back my tears. Then I was pulled into a hug with a rough force. The next thing I knew, I was already in his arms. I pulled down my hands and buried my face in his chest. I couldn't hold it back any longer and ended up crying my heart out. 

 "I'm sorry...I'm sorry..." he whispered. Minhyuk hugged me tighter as soon as he heard my sniffs getting louder. "Shh...shh...the rest are gonna hear you if you get any louder than this." He soothed the back of my head, trying his best to calm me down. Soon enough, I managed to bring myself to calm. I pulled away from his grip and looked at him. He used his thumbs to brush off the trails of wet tears formed on my eyes. 

 "I'm sorry," I mumbled.

 "No, I am. It was my fault for not having more trust in you."

 

---

A/N: Aw are there any silent readers around? Don't be shy readers! Reveal your true selves lol. and still! I need comments for the updates that i've posted. how is the story going so far, guys? does it stir your heart and makes it go "dugeun dugeun"...? hehhh need comments okay readers! thank you! ^^

- Admin J