baby, i know i did something wrong... but forgive me.

When you're looking like that. - Part 2

  That morning, we ate breakfast in silence. I still refused to talk to Minhyuk or whatever it took to start a conversation. He didn't make any sound when he was chewing his food. It almost felt like his existence was absent. We sat opposite each other at a table and clearly, I could see whatever he was eating. He did not utter a single word.

  Once we were done with our breakfast, we headed to the hotel lobby. I sat on one of the couches while Minhyuk went over to the receptionist counter. In the back of my mind, thousands of questions came upon me. What are the plans for today? Where are we going? and most importantly, Are we going to remain like this for the rest of the day?

  He returned with a brochure in his hand. He sat beside me and started flipping through. I turned my head slightly to take a good peek at what he was reading. It was about the bustling city we were in, Tokyo. He continued to flip the brochure back and forth. I couldn't catch up with his pace and eventually I gave up and looked away. Suddenly, he snapped the brochure close.

  "Come on," he said , tugging at my left hand as he stood up. I got on my feet and snug close to him as we walked. I did not mean to do it on purpose. Just that, I was too used to sticking to him whenever we walked. From the corner of my eye, I saw him letting out a small smile as he wrapped his arm around my neck. The leather jacket he was wearing made it more comfortable to me to tuck in. I felt the woolen scarf around my neck tightened a bit as he relaxed his arm around my neck.

  We headed out the glass doors and hailed for a taxi. The journey was a short one, approximately a 20-minute ride. We arrived at a street where there were many shophouses on either sides of the road. Shopping! We're going shopping! The voice in my head squealed in excitement.

Both of us walked down the rows of shophouses there, turning our heads up and about. It was amazing to see the different kinds of shops and stalls in Tokyo. Unknowingly, Minhyuk grabbed my hand and tightened his grip around my palm. He put our hands together in the front pocket of his jacket. It was the winter season and really, it was freezing. The fluffy cloth material in the cross section of his pocket made it all more comfortable. 

  "Hey look," he suddenly stopped in our tracks. He held out a santa claus beard from one of the baskets of a stall we had stopped upon. 

  "Here," he said, fixing the beard on me. I fidget around, trying to push his hands away.

  "DON'T MOVE," he warned. I gulped and stood still. He fixed it until it looked just right. I frowned at him. Then he stood there and looked at me with a blank expression. In a blink of an eye, he burst into a heap of laughter. I huffed and took out my phone to take a look at myself through the front camera. Just great, now I look like 'Mama Claus'. 

  "Oh my god..." I mumbled through the fluffy thing. 

  "Hey, say HO HO HO for me," he said in between his laughs. I glared at him and I knew it made it all funnier with the beard across my face. 

  "HAHAHA! DON'T DO THAT IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE," he laughed. I couldn't help myself but to laugh along with him. 

  "Ho...ho...ho..." I mumbled, trying to sound like Santa. He heard it and the more he laughed harder till he had to clutch his stomach to contain it. I hurriedly removed the beard off my face in case anyone saw the commotion we made. 

  "Here, why don't you wear it," I smashed the beard in his face and toyed it around. I walked off just after that. Behind, I could hear him sniff. Must be the wool tickling his nostrils when I pushed it in his face. 

  "Wait up!" I heard him. He was beside me again.

  "You know... you looked really funny in that," he said. I didn't know what to respond. I bit my lower lip and threw a playful punch on his arm. He rubbed his arm playfully in return as well. A smile curled up on his face. Seeing that, I guess I have finally cooled off on him. No more hard feelings.

  "So....I suppose you're not mad at me anymore?" he squeaked. 

  "I guess not."

  He took my hand placed in his pocket once again. I looked up at him. Those golden irises sure are attractive. He took out a red rose and handed it to me. Wow that's clever of him. One hand holding mine, the other hiding a rose behind his back. 

  I was startled at the sudden gesture. My eyes were kept focus on the rose. I shook my head, feeling confused.

  "Where did the rose come from...?" I asked. He glanced back at the rose and his lips while figuring out an answer for that. 

  "I uhh....." 

  "Nevermind I'll have it," I giggled under my breath while taking in the scent of the rose.

  "Thanks," I smiled.

  "Thanks? Is that it?" 

  I ceased my eyebrows and frowned at him. As quick as a flash, I went on tippy-toes and sealed a kiss on his lips. I pulled away immediately and tug his hand, signalling him to walk. 

  "Mhmmmm, that's the way," I heard him say. So we walked and walked, passing by each and every shop there. The things they were selling were really pretty and Minhyuk almost bought everything that I admired. The shop owners were really friendly and they gave really good bargains. Thank goodness Minhyuk was around to negotiate with the bargains. I wasn't really good at bargaining though to begin with.

 

---

- Admin J