Our very first study date together.

When you're looking like that. - Part 2

  I rubbed the back of my head, trying to recall back the points which I've just memorised a few minutes ago. I closed my eyes tightly, hoping that would do the trick in recalling them. 

  "Ugh, I give up. What is it?" I asked the gorgeous statue sitting in front of me. He looked down on the notes he was holding up.

 "Blue precipitate is formed and the red litmus paper will turn blue," he said calmly. I snapped my fingers and said gleefully, "Ah that's right! That's the point."

  Minhyuk put down the papers he was holding and looked at me. "We've been repeating the same steps all over again for this chapter, Yenny. We've still got 5 more chapters to go," he whined. "And I should just tape-record my voice so that I shouldn't repeat myself all over again whenever you forget this or that."

I looked away from him, crossing my arms. Minhyuk shook his head and added, "No, don't give me that face Yenny. You're not gonna pass your Science practical if you don't make an effort to remember these points!"

  "But I am trying to remember! You think it's easy? The level of difficulty I'm facing is much harder than that of high school's. At least I could get Seol's help whenever I needed to memorise anything."

  "If you said so, why didn't you ask her for help then?"

  "Well that's because....because....she's head-tempered and easily gets annoyed. Morever when I'm like really REALLY slow in memorising anything." I mumbled.

  "Precisely. Be thankful you've got someone here who's patient enough to help you." I huffed and placed my arms on the table, both my palms supporting my chin. 

  "Mhm, so would you be a little more patient Mr Lee?" I asked with my sweetest voice ever. Minhyuk chuckled at the sight of me acting all silly. 

  "RIGHT....then tell me how you managed to memorise all those K-Pop song lyrics and dance steps?" he grinned, and playfully slapped my arm with the notes he was holding onto. "HEY DON'T YOU COMPARE K-POP WITH STUDIES YEAH." I said sternly as I sat up in my seat.

  "Besides, what do you know about memorising notes? You're just a dancer in the school of Arts anyway," I continued. Minhyuk's eyes widened upon hearing my comment.

 

"SSSHHHH....you're talking too loud and way too much!" I heard someone hissed behind me. I turned around and was surprised to see my best buddy creeping up from behind the bookshelves.

"Seol? What are you doing here?" Minhyuk asked. Seol looked at the pile of books she was carrying in her arms. "Uh...books?" she replied. Seol bent down and placed the pile of books on the ground. She sighed and sat on the floor.

"Are you guys studying?" she asked.

  "Mhm...there's a Science practical test coming up this week and there are loads to memorise. My head's about to burst." I replied. Seol let out a soft giggle.

  "I see....Chemistry eh? You guys sure have Chemistry too. Hahahaha get it? CHEMISTRY AND....CHEMISTRY...." Her voice trailed off as soon as she noticed Minhyuk and I not feeling amused by her lame joke. "Okay fine whatever," she snorted. "But still, you can stand it huh Minhyuk...studying with her."

Minhyuk gently his chest, showing the patient guy he was. I glared at him.

"Okay drop the subject, she could explode anytime soon," Seol said jokingly.

I looked around the area but didn't see the person I was looking for. "Where's Jaehyo?" 

"Uhh, he's busy. I came down to the library to get these books for him since he want it that much," Seol said, rubbing at the back of her head. The situation got awkward as both Minhyuk and I didn't know how to respond to Seol's reaction. "Anyway! I've got to get going. It's quite a distance from here to Jaehyo's crib. See you guys soon!" She continued as she stood up, straighten her outfit and carried the pile of books with her. I watched her as she made her way towards the elevator to go down to the first floor. 

I turned back to Minhyuk and saw him reading one of the notes scattered on the table. "You've got to get used to me, you know," I mumbled, looking down at the notes he was reading.

"With what?" he said, not taking his eyes off the papers.

"My studying habits," I said, looking up at his face. Minhyuk let out a sigh and nodded.

"This is your first time, so I know you're not used to it being like this," I continued.

"Okay okay. I get your point. I want my baby to pass this practical, so can we start all over again and have no distractions or whatsoever? I'll treat you to Starbucks later on," he said with a sincere smile. My face lit up.

"REALLY REALLY? OKAY COME LET'S DO THIS," I said, full of determination. Minhyuk laughed at my reaction.

"What, I am serious okay," I said with a cold tone.

"I am too. Now focus."

 

---

A/N: i'm not a Minhyuk biased hekhekhek~
- Admin J.