The Caught Culprits

Maybe It's Time...

 

Two weeks had passed since I patrolled the whole town for the scumbags who beat Jiyong up. Every time my shift at guarding the senator ends and before I take a short nap and go to school, I walk around the city to look for them. After school, I search for them too. But it was to no avail.

Jiyong even got suspicious of me when he invited me out to dinner and I immediately decline. I deliberately didn’t tell him because I know he’ll just stop me from doing so. The excuses I gave were also running out, saying that I had an emergency call from Sajang-nim, there was an emergency mission, there was an agent who wanted me to replace him on his shift. So, one night, while I was watching a gag show at Jiyong’s apartment, Jiyong blocked my way for him to get my attention.

“Get out of my way,” I said.

“You’re looking for those bastards who beat me up, right?”

I innocently chewed popcorn and immediately averted my gaze from his. He sat beside me and pulled me to his chest.

“You don’t need to do that. You might get in danger.”

I abruptly pulled away. “Do you realize that you’re talking to an agent here, Mister Kwon Jiyong?”

He chuckled. “Yes, but the point is-“

The beeping of my phone interrupted him.

“Uh-oh, time for my shift,” I said as I got up from the couch. I gave him a quick peck on the lips before I left.

 

Actually, I don’t have a shift tonight. Yes, I lied though I didn’t want to. It was just that I want to beat the hell out of those scumbags and since it was my off tonight, might as well spend it by patrolling the city.

Since it was two weeks ago since I started the search, the hope of finding them are getting slimmer every second. Though, the memory of Jiyong on that badly beaten state motivated me to go on.

Few hours had passed by when I felt tired and sat on a park bench. The park was getting emptier since it was past midnight already. I was the one who looked like wanting to stay longer on the park, while the others were all getting ready to go home.

“Oh my, who do we have here?” a guy’s voice said behind me.

I turned my head towards him and was met by a hideous thin old man who looked like he was on drugs.

“She’s a beauty,” a guy said, appearing behind him.

Then more guys appeared behind him. A hand brushed my knee and without turning my head to see who it was, I caught his wrist before it reached higher to my thigh.

“Oh, she’s a tough one,” the guy whom I assumed to be the one who brushed my knee said.

He tried wiggling free from my grasp, but I twisted his wrist that he shouted in pain.

“Ya!”

I turned my head and before I could even receive the blow that he was about to give me using a metal bat, I caught it midair and snatched it from him. I smacked his head with the bat and then he lied unconsciously on the ground.

“Why you-“the hideous old man said as he was about to punch me too.

“Stop this nonsense,” another guy’s voice said behind him.

“These fools are high again?” another one said.

The guys in front of me slowly turned their heads towards the source and bowed low to them. As soon as they did, I saw the faces of the guys they were bowing too.

When they saw me, the same words were written on each of their faces -“She found us.”

A smirk formed on my lips. “I thought we’ll not meet again.”

All of them blanched in fear. One guy took a step back but I got a grip on the gun and pointed it on them.

“Tell me why you beat up Jiyong and I’ll let you go.”

“So-someone told us to,” one said.

“Tell me who told you to do it,” I commanded.

“It was-“

“We don’t know who. He was just an unknown voice to us,” another said.

 “Are you telling the truth?”

They nodded.

“Why do I feel like you’re lying?”

They all gulped together as if it was scripted.

“You asked for it,” I said, smiling.

 

I didn’t kill them of course. An agent committing a crime especially a murder will be punished severely.

So when I was sure that they were all unconscious now, I left them as I picked up my phone to call for other agents to clean up my mess. I know I’m being demanding, but I need to rest. I don’t feel really well right now. I guess I was just stressed out because of too many things in my mind and over-fatigued because of work. Well, whatever it is, this has been the case for a few days now.

 

I was grumpily walking down the school corridor while what happened this morning replayed in my head.

Sajang-nim has been very unreasonable lately. He has been insisting to break up with Jiyong and never have communication with him ever again.

We have been constantly fighting over Jiyong and as his girlfriend I was defending him against Sajang-nim. Besides, every bad thing Sajang-nim has done, they all stack up every day and I have never forgiven him since that conversation on the airplane when we went home from a mission in India (A/N: See Chapter 2 to recall).

This morning, he called me saying that there was an emergency. Thinking that it was true, I quickly drove towards the headquarters even without taking a bath. But it turned out that he lured me to it, because he knows I don’t want to talk to him about personal things. Well, I say, at least he knows that fact.

So, anyway, we went on and on fighting over Jiyong and I got too mad that I walked out and drove to school wearing the old grumpy face I had before I turned to a cheerful teacher of this school.

Sajang-nim’s words this morning were now embedded on my brain cells, especially the last statements he uttered.

“Be sure that you trust the right persons, Dara. Nowadays, people easily deceive others. Who knows, your boyfriend might be one of them,” he had said.

At that moment, I remembered losing my head when he uttered those words. But I didn’t remember what exactly I did; however, Sajang-nim’s expression when I finally calmed down a bit was beyond shock.

Nevertheless, I was so mad at Sajang-nim when he said that. Who wouldn’t? I mean, Jiyong’s my boyfriend anyway and talking ill about your loved one only makes you madder, right? It’s natural to defend the one you love.

Sajang-nim and Jaejoong.

I wonder what the hell is wrong with them. Hearing the same words from two different mouths angers me more. They’re like the only two of the family left with me, and to think that they’re not really my family. But I hate it whenever I hear them saying those words.

“Gaaaaaaaaaah!!!!”

I haven’t noticed that I shouted aloud because of what I was thinking. I only notice it when some students whimpered and cowered in fear as they headed to their respective classrooms.

“Good morning, Miss Park. Do you have more spilled coffee for me to mop?” the janitor asked the moment he reached me.

“Shut up!” I shouted too harshly without intending to do so.

The janitor was caught back in surprise and quickly walked away.

I sighed. This morning, I scared Seungri and Seunghyun when I cursed loudly the moment I exited my office where Sajang-nim and I fought. Now, I scared some students and even shouted at the janitor’s face, even though he hasn’t even done anything wrong but to greet and joke with me.

---------

poster credits to pinky861