The Light-Headed Agent

Maybe It's Time...

 

“Heeeeeeellllppppp!” I yelled desperately.

I tried to pull myself back once again, but I failed… yet again. My arm felt strained already that the idea of letting go right now isn’t a bad idea anymore.

They said that when you’re about to die, you can see your life flash back right before your eyes. Perhaps it was true, but what’s weird though was the fact that it was only the memories of Jiyong that flashed right before my eyes – from the first time we met when I’m agitated with his mere presence until the day we were all lovey-dovey with each other. Oh my. I’m going to miss him so much.

I felt my sweat roll down from my forehead and my tears from my eyes. I was crying really desperately right now.

“Help…” I muttered again. “Jiyong…”

I was about to let go already when I felt my arm as if it was about to be detached from its socket. Besides, my fingers are slowly slipping one by one because of the sweat.

“Jiyoooooong!” I yelled as I closed my eyes to prepare myself from falling. At least, before I die, it was Jiyong’s name I last uttered.

A strong grip encircled my wrist the second I let go. I opened my eyes and saw the ninja criminal trying to pull me up. His face was still covered though.

I heard him groan as he lifted me up. When he successfully did, I was on top of him. I can hear the rapid beating of his heart.

My breathing was still labored from the incident. My heart was strongly beating inside my chest too, and the fact that this criminal was the one who saved me did not help at all. I mean, why the hell will a criminal help someone who’s trying to catch him and put him behind bars?

Instead of getting an answer, I received a tough push on my shoulder as the ninja criminal ran away. Instead of following him and catching him though, I only watched his retreating back.

While clutching my chest, my brows furrowed as I thought back on what happened.

 

“Noona, are you alright?” Seungri asked me.

I woke up from my reverie and stared sideways.

“You’ve been dazed for a while now. What are you thinking? Any problem?”

I shook my head as I forced a smile. “We just failed yet another mission. I’m just thinking about that.”

Liar, I thought to myself. Actually, I’m thinking about the ninja criminal who was able to save me and who was able to escape.

“Don’t worry too much, it wasn’t your fault anyway,” Seunghyun joined in as he comforted me.

“But it was so sad to think that the senator was shot while everyone was- Ouch! Hyung, what was that for?” Seungri complained as Seunghyun nudged him in an attempt to stop his blabbering mouth. Seunghyun thought that I’m dazed because another senator died while on my hands and that Seungri’s words will affect me more.

Yes, it was my fault that I turned my back that time knowing full well that the suspect would appear anytime but I convinced myself that he would not appear that time instead. I have been very lost lately during our missions. What’s happening with me?

We just left the funeral venue and were about to head to the office to discuss what happened when I felt light-headed and my vision got blurry. I grabbed the nearest arm for support without actually looking who it was.

“Dara, are you alright?” a familiar voice asked as he grabbed my arm to help me.

I looked up and through my blurry vision I was able to decipher Jaejoong’s face.

Feeling rather awkward because of what happened between us, I pulled away. “I think I’m just tired,” here comes another lame and overused excuse.

“Are you sure?” he asked.

I nodded as I walked unsteadily. The next thing I knew, I felt the hard floor against my back.

 

I fluttered my eyes open. White ceiling met me.

“You’re awake,” Jaejoong’s familiar voice said.

I looked sideways and saw his expression which was clearly flooded with relief.

“What happened?” I asked with my hoarse voice.

“You fainted,” he answered curtly.

“And?”

“Wait here,” he said. “I’m calling the doctor.”

Several footsteps entered. I stared at the beaming faces of the doctor and the nurse. I turned my gaze to Jaejoong who was as puzzled as me seeing their expressions. He then stared at me as if asking me telepathically what their smiling faces meant.

I then asked them what’s wrong. They explained my situation with those same smiling faces. Every now and then, they would glance at Jaejoong too. At first, judging from what they’re saying, it wasn’t a reason to smile. How the hell are they smiling like that while telling me how overly fatigued I was? But when they went on with what they were saying, I fully understood. But I wasn’t mirroring their expressions. I was shocked.

“You’re kidding, aren’t you?” I asked.

“No, we’re not,” the doctor said, the smile not once leaving his face.

He then glanced at Jaejoong with a knowing look. Jaejoong stared back at me then with a questioning look.

 

“Good morning, baby girl…” Jiyong’s voice entered my ears as my eyes fluttered open.

“Must you be waking me up every day with that y morning voice of yours?” I asked.

I hugged him tight as I sniffed his morning scent. Gosh, he smells so good.

“Happy second monthsary,” I greeted.

“I thought you will forget again,” he said as he pressed his lips against mine.

Then he started to really kiss me, softly at first, making subtle, lovely pecking noises on my lips, then long and sweet and tenderly, along my jawline and down my neck.

I raked his hair as I felt his lips pressing against my skin.

“I haven’t taken a bath yet,” I complained.

“I like your morning smell better than your smell after taking a bath,” he said in between kisses.

I chuckled.

“How about we take a bath together?” he suggested.

“ert,” I said, pushing him away from me.

“Hey! Let me go with you!” he complained while I made my way to the bathroom.

“No!” I said stubbornly. I slammed the door on his face as I laughed maniacally.

 

Jiyong and I were walking on the park hand-in-hand. The day just started and I’m already feeling giddy on what’s going to happen today. For sure, he has something up on his sleeves.

Today, I will surely spend it with him. No mission. No meeting. No work. I don’t care if I’ll get reprimanded later as long as I’m with Jiyong today.

I already owed him this day since I got him in trouble last month and even going as to the extent of forgetting our monthsary. I felt sorry so for the past few days, I was thinking of surprises to prepare. But I failed since I’m not really good with them. So, what I thought so far was to surprise him with THE news.

-----------

UNNIE's NOTE:

 

poster credits to SapphireQueen

COMMENTS, QUESTIONS, AND SUGGESTIONS BELOW. :)