The Excuses and Lies

Maybe It's Time...

 

Jaejoong and I were sitting by the sofa while watching the evening news…

“I can’t believe he’s lying,” I said.

“What do you think, then? He’s just going to show off that he was there because he had a ual with a e?” he asked.

 “Just shut up!” I hissed.

“Why are you ill-tempered anyways? Did something happen at school?” he asked. “Oh, I sound like a parent,” he said then laughed. He turned his tone to a serious one again. “But, seriously, what happened?”

“Shut up,” I said. “The news is on.”

“This just came in. A tape titled ‘A Secret to be Revealed’ was just sent by an anonymous sender to the broadcasting company. Let’s see what this tape contains.”

I smirked to myself when I realized that Sajang-nim has finally sent the tape that the hidden camera caught.

The television flashed into a clip. It showed a dark room at first. It fast-forwarded and stopped when someone entered the room with their lips locked. The e has her legs wrapped on his body and he was carrying her. He settled her on the bed and pulled away. As he did, the clip paused and the camera zoomed in to the senator’s face. The clip repeated itself but right now, there was a voice over.

He’s like this every time he gets the chance, usually when his wife is abroad for business. He says that he can’t afford that his ual needs will be deprived so he goes to that club.

Then there was a sudden interruption when the newscaster appeared on the screen again. She looked pale and it’s like she panicked before she was put into the screen. When she realized that she’s being viewed already, she composed herself.

We just witness a very controversial clip. Let us wait for the senator’s reaction to this. But, right now, here’s another breaking news…”

While the newscaster was going through another news, I smirked to myself, quite smugly even.

“You look happy,” Jaejoong commented.

“Who wouldn’t be?” I said as I yawned and I stretched my arms up, but when I did, my wound hurt.

Jaejoong was alert that he immediately helped put my arms down gently.

“Careful,” he said.

“I’m sleepy,” I just said.

“Let me help you to your bed,” he offered.

“I’m not a kid, Jae. And I can walk,” I said.

When I reached my room, I dropped myself on the bed and closed my eyes.

“Turn the lights off on your way out,” I called.

I heard the clicking of the switch and I decided to go to sleep. But I felt the side of my bed sink. I immediately sit up and stared at Jaejoong as he makes himself comfortable beside me.

“You’re not going to sleep here again, Jaejoong,” I said.

“Who said so?” he asked, peering through one eye.

“I did!”

“Aish! My room’s too far,” he complained as he pushed me down on my pillow.

“You’re room is just beside mine,” I said matter-of-factly.

“I know,” he said, chuckling. He didn’t get up though. He turned to his left to face me. “Good night, then.”

 

“WAKE UUUUUUUP!”

I jumped out of my bed, immediately grabbing the gun under my pillow. I positioned myself for danger. But an amused laughter entered my ears. I looked for the source and saw Jaejoong bending forward and clutching his stomach as he laughed harder.

I stomped my way towards my bed again and dropped myself there.

“YA!” he called again. “Wake up already!”

“Aish! I still want to sleep!” I complained.

“I guess you wouldn’t be able to sleep again from excitement once you heard my news.”

I immediately sat up and eagerly waited for what he has to say. I already know what that is but I still want to hear it from him. But he just laughed again.

“YA! JUST STOP LAUGHING ALREADY!” I complained.

“Okay! Okay! Well, phase three of this mission is going to start today.”

I smirked as excitement welled up inside me.

 

The senator disappointed me. I actually expected him to hide for a few days but now he held a press conference to deny what we showed on the news last night. And I must admit they gravely prepared for it. From outside of the building, guards are spread everywhere and guarding the entrance. They even frisk the bodies of everyone who enters.

But we were more prepared. We didn’t have guns with us this time. We disguised ourselves as part of the press people. Jaejoong and I would enter first. He was holding the camera while I was carrying a laptop like everyone else. And right now, I’m wearing a long blonde wig with bangs that are covering my eyes and I’m also using a pair of glasses. I was also using a very draggy and long skirt with a simple polo. I looked hideous. I look like a nerd who knows nothing of fashion.

While, Jaejoong, he’s the exact opposite of me. His hair was gelled up and he was wearing a suit. He was also wearing a pair of glasses which will play a very important role in this phase of the mission.

Agent Seungri is working on the technical group with the other officials. They were actually fooled when Agent Seungri said he’s new and he’s there to observe what he’s going to do the next few days. He would also play an important role in this.

The other agents are also scattered around the place. The room was too noisy as the reporters started doing the opening of the news. Some of them would be broadcasting it live. Oooh! Live would be good!

Jaejoong already left my side. My laptop was already and set. I’m just waiting for what he is going to record from the hidden camera on his glasses.

The room started getting nosier as they were already expecting that the press conference is going to start since an hour ago. Well, they should wait. The senator is still busy.

Not too long, a video already came up the screen of my laptop. The angry face of the senator greeted me as he was talking to Jaejoong. I called Agent Seungri on my communication device and gave him the signal. After that, I heard a few grunts as he was already fighting with the officials. In no time, it became silent.

“I’m set,” he said.

I nodded.

After a few minutes, the senator appeared in front. He was panting and fixing his suit. He was also sweating so he wiped them away.

“I would like to thank you all for appearing today. I’ve called for a press conference to clear my name. You might be shocked how I reacted too quickly. This is because I just want to show everyone that I am not guilty and as quickly as I can, I want to clear the accusations thrown to me,” he started. “I have been working for the government for a while now. I can prove to you how clean my records. The accusations were all false. I was framed up. That night of my birthday, it’s true that I was at my apartment. But I wasn’t with somebody else. I was alone. I swear! Someone framed me up. And that clip you saw… it was made-up!”

He pounded his fist as he showed his anger.

“I swear I don’t sleep with women…”

When he said this, I gave Agent Seungri the signal.

“I swear I am loyal to my-“

He got cut off when a video immediately appeared on the screen behind him. Chitchats started all over the room when they saw the senator’s angry face.

Who cares about the South Korean people?! I don’t! I don’t care about them! I only care of stealing money from every one of them!”

I smirked to myself when each of the cameras inside the room started rolling. The senator’s panicked face made my smile wider and it even got wider when he tried to cover the screen with his body.

“STOP THIS IMMEDIATELY! THIS IS A CONSPIRACY!”

“And who are you to tell me on how to use their money?! I’m going to use it the way I want it to! I can even hire all of the es to sleep with me and my wife wouldn’t know a thing!”

The senator started backing away and sneakily went offstage. But he didn’t get that far because masked agents went to him and arrested him. He struggled but the agents were stronger.

As for the video, it still continued rolling.

“Now crawl back to your shell and shut your mouth or I’ll kill you!”

Loud gasps filled the room when the video ended. Cameramen were alert to get everything on tape. Reporters were alert to throw questions towards the senator.

Suddenly, they made way when Sajang-nim entered the scene. Out of all the employees of the agency, only Sajang-nim’s face was known as the director of NIS. The other employees, especially the agents, have their information kept classified.

Photos were snapped and cameras were rolled when Sajang-nim was in front of the senator. The senator kept on throwing glares and curses on Sajang-nim’s face while Sajang-nim kept calm and composed.

“There’s no use denying it senator. You’re caught in the act. And not to mention that you were the one who admitted your fault,” Sajang-nim said then turned to the masked agents. “Take him to the car.”

 

I was outside of the interrogation room while fixing the short wig I picked up again from the trash when I threw it away on the apartment building’s restroom. I had my suit on too. When I heard the signal, I slammed the door open with worry written all over my face.

“Miss Bodyguard!” the senator said, as his face lit up and he stood up from his chair. “These fools, they’re accusing me of such things. Tell them that I’m not that kind of person!”

I glared at each of the persons in the room, even at Sajang-nim. I’ve practiced this. I thought.

I started advancing towards Sajang-nim when strong arms caught me. I struggled to get free but they were too strong.

“You! You don’t have the right to accuse such things! You don’t know the senator! He’s a good man!”

When I finished shouting and cursing towards Sajang-nim, I tore my gaze off him then turned to the senator. He was smiling at me as if saying that I did a good job. Deciding to end it right now, I mirrored his expression. I smirked at him but it made him frown, suddenly confused at the change of my expression.

The agents who were holding me let me go immediately. I stand firm on my spot not once tearing my eyes off the senator.

“You expect me to say that, erted senator?” I asked.

He stood up. “Why, you! You’re fired!”

I smirked once again. I offered my hand out as an agent placed a mask on it. I wore it to cover my face. Slowly, the senator’s expression changed to surprise. But he convinced himself that it’s not true. I can see it by the way he shakes his said frantically. As I removed the wig from my head and letting my long hair down, he gaped. Finally realizing it, he dropped back to his seat while I walked out of the scene.

Mission Accomplished…

--------

poster credits to ephrael