I'm Sorry

Our Love Restarts [Sequel to My First short Love Story]

So you spent the next two weeks alone. But sometimes you'll go over to the Kims to spend time with Kim omma. Whenever you're alone, you think about Myungsoo and think of all the possible ways to reconcile with him. The missing feeling you have for him is too immense it’s unbearable. Since you were the one that started the argument, you'll have to end it. It's not worth losing someone special.

So, you decided to send a text to Myungsoo. You told him to meet you at you at the park nearby your home at 2pm. He did not reply. You sigh. You’ve expected that coming anyway.

~~

The next day, at 1.45pm, you arrived at the park with your ice mocha frappe and favourite novel, If You Could See Me Now. You’ve read that novel for more than five times but you’ve never been able to complete it within five hours. Somehow, that day, you managed to. Myungsoo didn’t turn up. But you decided not give it much thought because you’re aware you deserve that. Before leaving the park, you sent Myungsoo a text message.

To: Housekeeper
Hey. I know things will never be the same between us again. I don’t know if you’ve changed number or you’re purposely ignoring my message. But I want you to know that, I am sorry for what I did and said to you. I realize I was being immature and intolerable. I wish you good health always and may you always be happy and be surrounded by the people you love. I will always be Infinite’s fan and I will always watch you.


With that sent, you made your way home.

~~

Myungsoo’s POV

He arrives at the park at 1.30pm because he knows you’ll always arrive earlier than the time planned. But he wants to arrive earlier than you will.

Then, at 1.45pm, he saw you walking towards the park. He chose a bench behind a tall tree and sat there, looking at you. He really misses you a lot. He wished everything’s fine between the both of you so he can run up to you and give you your favourite hug when you both were together in your country; a back hug.

He observed you chose a bench and sit on it, sipping your coffee before putting your novel on your lap to read it. He planned to just watch you from afar because he doesn’t want to meet up with you. He’s doing this on purpose so he could plan a meet up with you and he wants to be the one to do the apologizing. He hates it when ladies have to take all the blame and feel guilty. It’s just not his style.

*phone vibrates five hours later*

From: Housekeeping Employer.
Hey. I know things will never be the same between us again. I don’t know if you’ve changed number or you’re purposely ignoring my message. But I want you to know that, I am sorry for what I did and said to you. I realize I was being immature and intolerable. I wish you good health always and may you always be happy and be surrounded by the people you love. I will always be Infinite’s fan and I will always watch you.

“Who is she kidding? ‘may you always be happy and be surrounded by the people you love’ ?? How can I ever be 110% happy if you’re not by my side, ____!?”Myungsoo scoffed, holding back his tears as he watches her walk away.

~~

8 days later, someone knocked on your door. When you opened it, someone unfamiliar stood in your doorway, panting away. Before you could even guess what’s going on, he asked “Are you, ___?” in between his pantings.

“Dehh. But who are you?” you answered.

“No time to explain. Myungsoo hyung is looking for you and he said this is between life and death. Here’s the address,” the kid passed you a note before running away without any last words.

You grabbed your cardigan and closed the door behind you not bothering to lock it because Myungsoo's life is more important than your belongings. Plus, you know that your lovely ahjumma neighbours will look out for your house.

You hailed a cab and immediately got into one as it was not during peak hours. You showed the cab driver the address and 15 minutes later you arrived at your destination.

You knocked on the door softly but it slides open. And you immediately became tensed. You're scared, thinking of all the possible things that could've happened to Myungsoo. You walked inside carefully t nervously. "Myungsoo. It's me ____. I've arrived. Where are you?"

Suddenly, a pair of strong arms hugged you from behind. His scent was familiar. And the way your heart beats told you it's "Myungsoo..."

"Sshhhh... Let me hold you like this for a while. I've missed you and I still am. I miss us. A lot. And I'm sure you do too since you've said you miss the unknown person that sent you the teddy and letter," Myungsoo whispered soothingly in your ears.

You wanted to stay in his embrace longer too and you wanted to say you miss him too. But his last sentence made you asked him "What? What are you saying? Are you saying you know who's the man that gave me the teddy and letter?" You shot him questions.