I'll still love you no matter what

Our Love Restarts [Sequel to My First short Love Story]

“Don’t forget to watch Infinite’s interview on Arirang @ 11pm KST later, ara?” Myungsoo reminded you via Skype. It’s been three months since he returned to Seoul and there’s not a single night that you both won’t Skype. Even if you have to Skype for 30mins max, it’s enough for you to look at his face and hears his voice “LIVE”. But of course, it can’t make up for the physical touch. You miss him like crazy and he does too. The only possession you have of him is his black leather jacket and photos of him and the huge, huggable teddy he gave you as a surprise.

“Dehh dehh, you’ve been reminding me for the past 2 weeks! I couldn’t possible forget unless I have a brain concussion wish I don’t in this case,” you joked. He gave you his soft smile that always melts you inside. That makes you yearn to touch him and hold him close and never let him go ever again. Who cares about fans? He’s got himself an ultimate first lover that’s his fan also.

“Ahahahaha! Mian mian. I just want to know if you’ll be watching me,” he said shyly.

“You bet I will! How can I not? Michyeoso?” you and you both continue talking till the end of Arirang. So, that technically means you both watched Infinite’s interview on Arirang together. You spazzed like a normal fangirl would and Myungsoo would giggle everytime you do that especially when he sees you hug the teddy he gave tighter because he knows you imagined that it was him you’re cuddling.

“Yah! Don’t you dare hug the teddy tighter and cuddle with it any longer!” Myungsoo shouted through the monitor.

“Wae? Aigoo Myungsoo-ya. Hahahahahaha! How can you be so pathetic? Getting jealous over a stuffed toy!” you chuckled at him.

~~

“Hello. Yes, I’m ____ mother. Wha...,” your mum answered a phonecall and fainted. Luckily your dad was home and was nearby so he managed to save her before she collapsed to the ground.

He took the receiver and talked to the caller. “Yes, doctor. Thank you. I’ll be right there now,” your dad said calmly. He woke your mum up slowly. The moment your mum became conscious, she hugged your dad so tight and wailed her heart’s out. She can’t believe what just happened. She couldn’t believe what the doctor told her over the phone.

“Don’t cry. Please stop right now. I need you to collect yourself and pray for our daughter. You are her mother. You have to be strong,” your dad told your mum when they’re both in the front seat of the family car driving to the hospital you’re sent to after the accident.

“Our daughter, my one and only daughter was involved in a hit and run accident when she’s on her way home from school! And she’s supposed to fly to Seoul to see her boyfriend! She was so excited to give him a surprise and now what!?!?!? Oh yes. This is a surprise alright because we have to tell Myungsoo this news! And guess what? He will be surprised indeed!” your mum continues sobbing hard.

“I know. I’m her father too, remember? I’m as depressed as you are right now. Please. Just try to calm down. She’ll survive, believe me on this. God won’t take her from us, from Myungsoo and from her friends just yet,” your mum just nod when your dad said this and her cries subside.

~~

“Are you going to let Myungsoo know or do you want me to do it?” your dad asked your mum once they’ve talked to your doctor and making their way to the cafeteria. Your mum was too shock, yet again, to even shed a tear. Your doctor said your body suffered some scratches but your head suffered major damage.

“You call him. I can’t bear it if I hear his voice. It’ll hurt me again,” your mum said in a soft voice. They’re both still in the car and your dad makes the phonecall. “On the speaker. I promise I’ll control myself,” your mum whispered since it was already ringing.

“Annyeong haseyo abbuji,” Myungsoo’s voice beamed. But your parents can hear a hint of surprise in his voice because it’s oddly peculiar for your parent to call him during the day especially since he’s busy with schedules nowadays.

“Annyeong son. I’m sorry for troubling you. I’ll call back later if you’re busy,” your dad said. Your mum nodded showing agreement.

“Anneyo. It’s alright. We’re having free time now. What is it?” Myungsoo asked politely.

“Brace yourself for what you’re going to hear next alright?” your dad asked. Myungsoo nodded and your dad domehow knew he just nodded and your dad broke the bad news.

“Wha-what? N-no. The doctor must’ve got the wrong person. I mean, everyone knows that ____ has a familiar face. Plus, every single one of us have our own look alikes!” Myungsoo was in denial.

“Son, I’m just as upset as you are. She’s my daughter, you must remember that. Her mother and I have just met with the doctor and the doctor showed us her photo. It really was her. We can recognize her face even if she’s covered in blood,” you dad choked on his last sentence upon recalling the bloody photo of you.

"I'll be there tomorrow. Text me the hospital address, please. Thank you," with that Myungsoo hang up. He can't hold his tears anymore. He tumbled down and curl himself in a ball and cried. He cried so hard his chest and head hurts. It was only yesterday that you joked about suffering from a brain concussion and now, you're involved in an accident and your head suffered the most damage. Was it a foreboding sign, Myungsoo wondered. He texted his manager to book a flight to your country and he wants the flight to be tonight telling the reason as well. His manager replied with an “okay.”

Suddenly Myungsoo felt his body covered by a pair of arms. He looked up. Your face appeared. "I will always love you, Kim Myungsoo. Take care of yourself and never forget the memories we shared. I know it's selfish but you know I don't care. Hehe. And please love my parents like you love yours," your soul whispered to his face. When he wanted to reach out to kiss you, you disappeared. He was about to breakdown further, but someone knocked on the door and entered before he could welcome that person in.

"Myungsoo-ya. Manager hyung said your flight is in four hours. I’ll help you pack. How long are you planning to stay there?” Dongwoo asked and walked in together with the other members. Sungyeol and Sungjong walked to Myungsoo and hugged him. That made him cry harder. Woohyun and Sunggyu sigh with a worry.