the devil sleeps...

My Devil Mentor

Your POV

                He kissed me! WTF just happened?! Minhyun kissed me… on the lips! It was too fast, before I could even react, he pulled away. Damn you, Minhyun!! But he’s right. I didn’t feel anything. Unlike when Sehun kisses me, I’m electrified. Surprised every time… it’s weird to even say it, but his kisses are always magical. I was shocked, but he asked me not to kill him… and he’s leaving soon. “See? You didn’t even kiss me back. Psh! I gotta go now,” he turned back and headed inside the departure area.

 

           I was still frozen, faced with too many emotions. Sad, because Minhyun’s going away again. Relieved, because I know my best friend’s going to come back. But most importantly, happy… because Minhyun’s right for the umpteenth time. I love my Devil. I don’t need anyone else anymore… just Sehun. And we just fought, I need to see him and explain everything. He’ll understand… I’ll let him understand.

 

                So I turned around but I got the shock of my life when I saw Sehun. He saw what happened, and judging from his expression, he must have misunderstood the whole situation. “Sehun…” I tried to walk closer to him but he turned back. He dropped a bouquet and another thing; I don’t have time to look at them, I need to tell Sehun it’s not like what he thinks and that I only love him. This time, I’m really, absolutely, sure of it. He started running so fast. “Sehun!!” I cried out his name but he didn’t stop… and then I lost him.

 

                I remembered he dropped something so I walked back and I saw that they were a bouquet of red roses, and a kitten. I tried to calm myself. “Hey, did Sehun-appa abandon you?” I talked to the kitten and it purr. I took the bouquet then I saw a card fell. It’s from Sehun…

 

Lee ______,

I went to the pet store and uh… I can’t take care of him alone… I think he needs you… no actually, I NEED YOU. Forgive me, please?

                                                                                                                                                 

P.S. I think I’ve said this to you a lot, but again… I love you.

 

                  I hired a taxi since I need to go back to SME. I need to talk to him. Sehun, you idiot! I also love you, so much. I began reading his simple note again… *ringgggg* my tears of joy were put into halt when I saw that Baekhyun-oppa was calling. “Yoboseyo? Baekhyun-oppa?” I asked and I heard a heavy sigh. Weird, I suddenly felt nervous about something I don’t know. “______-ah, I need you to come here in Seoul National University Hospital. Call me when you’re at the gate, the press are going crazy, I’ll get you,” he tried sounding strong, but there is a hint of worry in his voice. “Why? What happened?” my voice was starting to get shaky.“Sehun got into an accident.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                Silence filled the air for the last four hours. The news spread too fast; celebrities and some idol stars came to visit. I only recognized Super Junior, Shinee, and F(x). Krystal hugged me the moment she saw me. People who knew about our relationship started approaching me, giving me support; I thanked them. My family also came, except for my dad. He’s in Jeju for a business meeting.

 

                Another hour or two, it felt like years!! Too many thoughts have gone through my head, another hour and this silence will make me go insane. “Coffee?” Baekhyun-oppa offered me coffee, I politely declined. It doesn’t feel right to eat, or drink. I want to be there, inside that room. I want to hold his hand, and tell him it’s going to be okay. “I can’t believe this,” he whispered and I just kept silent. “You know how much he loved you, right?” I nod without looking at him. “I still could not believe it was possible for him to love anyone so much. He wasn’t that type of person… you changed him,” he continued. My eyes were starting to get teary. “He also changed me,” I whispered. “I can see that. Jinhee told me a lot of things about how you were like,” he gave me a warm agreeing smile.

 

                 The OR’s door opened and we all stood up. “Is he okay? Doctor, is my son okay?” Eomeonim asked the doctor; her eyes all swollen from crying. “We did everything to keep him stabilize, however the accident greatly traumatized him, which caused an internal hemourage in his brain. He’s now in a coma, and sorry to say, it would take a miracle for him to wake up,” the doctor ended his statement. Everyone looked so shock. My legs felt like they’d give up any second. “Mwo? C-c-coma? But my son… he can’t,” Eomeonim didn’t finish her statement. She sat down, wrapped her hands around the doctor’s hand, “Doctor, please, I’ll pay you. No matter how much it’ll cost, I’ll pay you… Just p-please!!! I beg you, do everything!!” she’s crying, shouting. Abeonim was trying to calm her, but she ended up fainting, and the doctor just left. What The Hell? He just left?!?!

 

                 “AISH!!! THIS IS A SICK JOKE!! HOW COULD HE?!!!” Kai was starting to lose it. “HE KEPT ON BULLYING ME!! AISH! I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN! NOW, HOW COULD I KICK HIS WHEN HE’S THERE, LYING?!?” He continuously punches his fist into the flat wall. D.O.-oppa and Chanyeol-oppa both calmed him down but it was too late, and his fist started bleeding. Chanyeol-oppa accompanied Eomeonim and Abeonim back to their house to rest, while Suho-oppa was taking care of the press. I can’t find my voice; I can’t even move. I felt so lost… wake me up from this nightmare! Then I felt a hand held mine… Baekhyun-oppa.

 

               “Cry it all out to me. Don’t hold anything back. Once you enter that room, you need to act strong in front of him, even if you’re not…” he paused and he gave me a comforting hug. “You need to make him feel that you're there, _____-ah. That’s what he always did… for you,” he whispered before he pulled away. He then gave me the warmest smile he could ever give. Then in that instant, all the tears I held back, the guilt… everything fell. I threw them all; I cried rivers, seas, oceans of tears. I finally cried my heart out… that’s all I know…

 

 

 

---->End of Chapter 99<----