quite a realization...

My Devil Mentor

Minhyun's POV

               "These are the papers, your delegations are there. The flow for the week's indicated. Anything you want to clarify?" the director said. "I'm good." I flipped the first page of whatever this is the director handed me. "Okay, then I'll see you tomorrow," he said and I bowed as a sign of respect. Korean thing. *ringggg* my mom's calling me? "Yoboseyo umma," I greeted her. "Minhyun-ah!!! Bogoshipo!!" I can really tell that she missed me so much, so I just laughed. "Ne umma, I know," I said still laughing. "So, how's your work going? Am I seeing you soon? You're not telling me about anything! I'm so curious to whatever you're doing," she sounded like the typical mom. "I'm not leaving yet. I still have work to do," I said. "What? You're not planning to live there forever are you?" she asked. "I'm okay, mom. Aside from that, you don't have to know anything really..." I said. "But--" "I'm a man now mom. I can handle myself. Thanks, mom. Tell dad I said hi. Catch you later. Love you, mom," I hang up. I'm not leaving... I can just pay additional, so I could stay a bit more. Today is the day. She needs to know...

 

Kai's POV

          "Haha! The expression on our magnae's face was EPIC, don't you think?" I laughed after remembering our maknae's over jealous expression and I saw Chanyeol-hyung smile. "Well, our maknae changed alot. don't you think?" he paused and then he looked at me, giving off a serious ambiance. Thinking about it, yeah... Sehun did change a lot after meeting her. Except for the fact that he's still putting off that cool, swag attitude of his... but he loses his cool when it involves noona. I nod. I feel a little jealous; I never had the chance to feel that way, with anyone. I had girlfriends, but none of my past relationships was serious enough, for me at least-- the typical young love, fun, carefree, temporary..... "KIMCHI~!" I saw the summer trainees posing for the camera, and I caught a glimpse of my trainee, Jiyoung.

                "Kai-oppa!" she called for me, and I immediately stood up and gave her my most gleeful smile. "Oppa! Take a picture with me, please?" she took her camera and I nodded happily. Come to think of it, this summer workshop's soon coming to its end; more or less a week, and we're back to our normal life. *flash* "Yah! Why didn't you say kimchi? Take another," I demanded after I realized she already took a photo, and I'm not ready. "You look okay in this," she said, and I got confused not because I look okay, I always look good--- natural thing, but because she didn’t grab the opportunity to have another photo of herself, with me. "I won't allow myself looking like that. What would your friends say if they see me looking like that? No  way! Now, let me take it," I gave an excuse.

               "I'm not planning to show them off to my friends," she murmurs, and I got a little shocked. "Why not?" I asked, I sounded surprised. Most girls would die to take a picture with me, just to show them off. "I-I mean--" "Scandals. You know? I don't want you to get involved in those," she cut me off. She then gave me a gentle smile. "Oh... that? Right... But you can show them to your friends. You don't just have to post it in the internet. The social media's really creepy," I commented. "My friends are like the social media, especially when it comes to these. Besides, I'd prefer this photo," she added and I sighed. "Aish, I look like an idiot," I remarked and she giggled.

              "Exactly," she said in between her laughs. "Mworago?" I acted like I'm pissed off. She didn’t take that seriously, right? "Mianhaeyo. It's just because, this is candid. Very natural, not like your other photos, where in you have to be all conscious about how you look. Isn't it tiring? You have to be professional-looking everywhere you go. I couldn’t even imagine…” she sighed and I find myself looking at her. “Wow,” I couldn’t hide my surprise and she looked at me with confused eyes. “I didn’t think you’d have to think so deeply about this kind of stuff,” I said. “You sure, you don’t want a normal photo of myself… with you?” I added, still amused by her way of thinking. “This is normal,” she corrected me and she gave me a sweet smile. That’s Jiyoung… very optimistic, natural, but graceful. I’m really happy to get to be her mentor, I’m sure she is. “Jiyoung! Come, let’s have another picture,” Jinhee called for her and she nodded happily. “You too, Kai-oppa. Jebal~!” she also asked me, after I think she recognized I’m with Jiyoung. I was about to say yes, when I saw that guy from earlier. What was his name again? Min… Min??? “Minhyun-ssi,” Yes! That one!! I turned to look at Chanyeol-hyung. “I’m sorry Jinhee. I have an urgent thing to do, maybe next time,” I apologized before walking near Chanyeol-hyung.

 

No One’s POV

          “Annyeonghaseyo,” Minhyun greeted Chanyeol and Kai upon recognizing them. “Lunch?” Chanyeol asked Minhyun. “Ne,” he formally said. “Who’s this?” Suho appeared out of nowhere. “This is Hwang Minhyun, friend of ____-noona,” I said. “Oh, nice meeting you Minhyun-ssi. Why don’t you join us for lunch?” He invited Minhyun. Kai, on another note, happened to see Sehun and you entering the cafeteria. “Ne, Minhyun. Why don’t you join us for lunch?” Kai said and he immediately offered Minhyun a seat. “Ne, thanks,” Minhyun thanked Kai, who’s lips secretly formed into a devilish smirk. This is going to be fun, Kai thought.

 

 

I'm so baaaack~ yeah! And I'm planning to update again.. I feel like I owe you guys, bigtime.. Mianhae~ please wait for my next chapters. For the meantime, do comment. Loveyou <3