his and her history...

My Devil Mentor

Your POV

                I can’t believe I really met Minhyun! It’s been 10 years since I last saw him. He was my only friend when I was a kid. Yeah… I don’t know what’s wrong with my social life, but I’m the kind who doesn’t really like to befriend by the other kids my age. I never had a friend until this boy, named Minhyun, came along…

>>>>>>>>>>FLASHBACK<<<<<<<<<

                “Yah! Who do you think you are? Just because you’re rich, you think you have it all? You don’t even have friends, you know why? ‘Cause you’re a freak! HAHAHAHA!!” A tall girl started bullying me and her army’s laughing with her. I was about to stand up to leave them when another girl blocked my way. “Where do you think you’re going?” she said in an intimidating voice and I immediately cried. “Appa~!” I cried and cried, I just want to disappear. “Ohhh… No mommy, no daddy in sight! What are you going to do now?” another girl in her ponytails teased me while the tall girl pushed me down.

                “YAAAAHH~!!! What do you think you’re doing?” I saw a boy with round-rimmed glasses shout. “Omo~!!! Is that Minhyun?” I heard the girl with ponytails ask the tall girl. “We were just playing,” the tall girl said sweetly. “Playing?! Tsk! I can’t believe you girls. Bullying a helpless girl, and you call yourselves girls?” He went closer to me and offered his hand. I didn’t accept his hand and just stood up on my own. “No, tell her ____-ah! We were just playing right? Right?” the tall girl asked me with piercing eyes. “Don’t ever bully her again or I’ll be the one to kick you out of this school,” the boy threatened the three girls and they all run away.

                 “You okay?” he asked in a worried tone and I just nodded half-heartedly. “Don’t worry. Tell me if they come to bully you again, I will save you,” he gave me a mischievous yet assuring smile. “Kamsahamnida,” I bowed as a sign of gratitude and turn back ready to leave him. “Wait! I’m Minhyun. What’s your name?” he continued to follow me so I stopped and faced him. “My name is Lee _____” I said. “Nice meeting you ____-ah!” he offered me his hand to shake. I hesitated and I think he saw me so he wiped his hands on his shirt. “See? No germs! Can we be friends?” he offered his hand again while smiling. I laughed at what he just did so I shook his hand believing he’s a nice guy. “I don’t have any other friends; do you still want to be friends with me?” I whispered. “That’s why I want to be friends with you!” he said cheerfully so I gave him my sweetest smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                “Minnie-ah!!! It’s your birthday tomorrow! You’ll be 9 then! What’s your wish?” I asked excitedly. “My wish? Can you stop time?” he asked while looking at an empty space. “I don’t have super powers,” I pouted. “Then how about staying like this till we grow old,” he said while smiling but I heard a tone of sadness in his voice. “What do you mean?” I asked him worriedly. “Like this…” he said while holding my hand. “Of course! You’re my best friend, I will hold your hand even till you have your own wife!!” I held his other hand while smiling widely. “Promise me, I’ll be the only one you’ll give permission to protect you, okay? Even if I’m away…” he said while lowering his head. “Why are you saying these like you’re going away? Are you leaving me?” I asked starting to tear up. “If I leave you, I promise I’ll come back for you… you know I love you right?” he said while hugging me now. “You’re just saying this right? You’re not really leaving, right Minnie? You’re my only friend, of course I love you. Don’t leave me okay? Best friends love, care and protect each other. They don’t leave each other behind,” I said while hugging him back. “Bestfriends?” he said it like a question so I nodded. “Yes! Minnie-ah, you’re my bestfriend! Let’s celebrate your birthday together tomorrow, okay? It will be your best birthday so far!! I promise,” I said smiling widely and he just nodded.

                I never thought it was the last day I would ever see him. His parents needed to migrate in Canada for business reasons and of course, he should come with them. My parents told me it would take time for him to come back but I didn’t believe them. I waited and waited at the gate of my house for him to come and play with me like what we usually did, but he never came. I cried so much… it was the first time I cried so hard in my life and my parents don’t know how to help me either. I always dropped by in front of their house since his was just about a block away from our house, hoping for his return. I was like this for months, and when my ninth birthday came, my mom invited random kids from our block to cheer me up but I didn’t play with them after my birthday. I only wanted one kid to play with me… Minhyun.

                One day, when I happened to drop by Minhyun’s house, I saw a car open in front of their gate. I was so excited thinking my bestfriend finally returned, only to find out that the house was finally bought by another family. And on that night, I decided to cry my last tears for Minhyun. I was just eleven that time yet I already have to experience the pain of letting go of someone. That night, I finally accepted the fact that everything in this life is temporary… at one point or another, everyone’s going to leave me and I just need to accept this reality. Minhyun, my savior, my first friend, my best friend… really left me…

>>>>>>>>>>end of FLASHBACK<<<<<<<<

 

Double-update today... OMO~!! HAHA :)) Anyways, probably some of you know that Minhyun is a '95-liner.. lol.. I pretty messed up his age here, so that he'll be months older than you.. kekeke~ Anyways, please do comment and subscribe!~^^