First Gathering

My Devil Mentor

Your POV

                Sehun’s really ignoring me. When I was about to seat next to him he called Krystal and so I ended up sitting next to Jong-in. It’s okay, at least Jong-in’s talking to me. I took a glimpse of what they are doing and saw that they are playing something on his ipod. Sehun was really loud, he was enjoying her company. When I heard they stopped playing I tried to take a glimpse of them again and I saw Krystal already sleeping… her head on his shoulder. I looked at Sehun and he caught me staring at him then he looked away. I was also shocked so I looked away. I looked to my right and saw Jong-in already sleeping. They look really good together…I suddenly felt down.

                I fell asleep. “____-ah, we’re here. Wake up,” Jong-in woke me up. I looked at my phone and it was 10 AM, the drive lasted for 3 hours. “Okay kids, we’re here. Girls, Victoria-noona will lead you to your cottage. Guys, follow me. Let’s gather at the base camp at exactly 11 AM," Suho-oppa said. I don’t understand why Suho-oppa instructed us to follow Victoria-sunbae, our lodge is just next to each other. Oh well, I didn’t bother asking him though. The cottage is just one-storey but it is really spacey. There are 3 rooms and 2 restrooms. I share a room with Jinhee and her partner Victoria-Sunbae and of course, my partner Krystal. There were 2 double-decks so I shared one with Jinhee. She chose to sleep below because she's a bad sleeper so I ended up having to sleep on the upper part of the bed. “Okay, let’s put our things here first and just unpack later. You can change if you want, but do it now. We only have thirty minutes and we still have to eat lunch,” Victoria sunbae reminded us. “Ne, Unnie/Victoria-sunbae,” Krystal, Jinhee and I said. “Okay. And please, just unnie, no need to be so formal,” she giggled and left the room. “Unnie, I’ll change first,” Jinhee said to me while grabbing a pair of pedals and shirt. “Okay,” I nodded and smiled to her.

                “Wow~ you two are real sisters?” Krystal was surprised when I told her Jinhee is my biological sister. “Um, yeah… I get that a lot,” I chuckled at her reaction. “Oh, no! I mean, I was just surprised. It’s pretty rare that our company allowed 2 people in a family for this workshop,” she corrected herself. “Haha, I was just playing. Well, yeah… I myself was shocked. It’s… a long story,” I smiled at her. “Ohh… and by the way, please be patient with Hunnie. He’s really like that,” she suddenly blurted out. “Hunnie?” I asked confused. “Oh, yeah! I mean Sehun! Sorry, I just got used to calling him that! Hehe,” she said. She calls him Hunnie? They might really be close… maybe. “Ah… ne. It’s okay, I’m getting used to him anyway,” I smiled awkwardly while she just nodded. “You’re…” I paused first and she looked at me with a ‘please-continue’ expression. “Uhm, nothing really. I was just surprised, you and uh… Sehun are really close,” I continued still trying to smile. WTH? Why am I trying? I usually just smile if I need to, it used to be automatic. Reflexes? Where are you when I need you? Tsk! “Oh yeah! I knew him since---“ “Krystal, _____-ah, lunch is here,” Victoria-unnie entered our room so my conversation with Krystal was cut.

                At lunch, I sat at the corner beside Jinhee so I wasn’t able to continue my little conversation with Krystal. Not that I intend to continue it, I’m not a nosy person! I’m just… uhm? I’m just curious! Right! “Is everyone done? I’ll give you five minutes to brush your teeth and do your other rituals. Five minutes!” Victoria-unnie reminded us. “Oh, and leave your phones. You wouldn’t need them now, and don’t worry no one will steal them,” she giggled.

                So now, we are headed to the base camp, located at I think the south center wing of this whole place. Not sure though, I’m really bad with directions especially if I’m new to the place. I just observed that we are the only people in here plus the caretakers. “Is this place always this deserted?” I asked Jinhee. “No, unnie! Only for the weekend, SME rented everything,” Jinhee smiled widely looking as if she’s the one who rented this place. I just nodded.

                Finally, were at the base camp! This place looked like the typical gathering place of the boy scouts I see on TV, but the view surrounding it is really… beautiful. I could see a riverbank not too far from the base camp and everything else I see are trees. I’m a nature lover so these things really attract me. “Enjoying the camp,” I was snapped back to reality when I heard Baekhyun-oppa asked me, as usual, giving me his famous smile. “Hm, no comment on the whole camp thing, but this place… is just really… perfect,” I paused before uttering my last word because I saw Sehun. He was walking with Chanyeol-oppa and D.O.-oppa. Chanyeol saw Baekhyun-oppa and me so he waved his hands at our direction and smiled widely. D.O.-oppa and Sehun noticed what Chanyeol-oppa was doing so D.O.-oppa also did the same. I smiled back and waved to everyone but Sehun… he just turned his head away again as if he saw nothing. Why are you always like this? Pft!

               “Kids, let’s all gather now,” I heard Suho-oppa announced through a megaphone. So we all sat on the dry grass and waited for his instructions. I sat next to Jinhee while Baekhyun-oppa sat next to me.

Sehun’s POV

                “For the first activity, the theme is: Hard work results to great returns,” Suho-hyung started his boring announcement. And WTF is with that theme? Oh, god hyung, I can’t believe you can still show us that face, you’re too embarrassing! “In each group, each must assign 2 people who would go and look for things that would help build a fire. This is actually very obvious. Why? Because, you will be the ones to cook your dinner!” He smirked. “*blah.*blah.*blah” I didn’t catch other things he was saying, he’s boring me like hell. At the corner of my eye, I can see her, I don’t know if she’s listening but her head is lowered. “So now, group yourself and talk about who’s doing what,” I heard Suho-hyung uttered his last sentence. I figured out I was staring at her for too long, so I stopped and directly went to Krystal. I never encountered any difficulties in my life, until now… her.

 

 

 

ehehehe~ Sehun!!! OMG. I'm so confused, I'm like Sehun! lol. I don't know if this story is too fast or too slow. My cousin said everything's happening so fast but when I read your comments, you all want Sehun to confess already.. Lol :)) Anyways, I hope you like this chapter. I worked super hard for this.. ^^