The Recital - 1

My Devil Mentor

 

Your POV

                I hurried inside the SME building. Manager Jaesook-ahjussi introduced us to SHINee. He said that they’ll be like some guest judges. They’ll critic our performance so that they can tell the real judges who has the most potential from all of us. Yeah right, I’m not planning to continue being a trainee after this summer.

               Then, all the mentors, even f(x) gave us some advice and cheered for us before they went to the auditorium where we’ll perform. “____-ah,” I know that voice so I turned and saw Baekhyun-oppa. “Baekhyun-oppa…” I said to him while smiling. “You’ve worked hard. Don’t worry, being nervous is good. I’m looking forward to your solo performance, goodluck!” he smiled sweetly. “Then I’ll be going to sit now, it’ll start soon, fighting~!” he cheered me again before walking away. He really is the best mentor... even cheering me who's not even his trainee.

               I went directly to the back stage, I stared at my watch, only 3 minutes before the recital starts. I was so nervous, I felt my legs shaking. I peeked from the curtain and saw the crowd. I saw my mom, she’s smiling so much, all her teeth can be seen, even her gums. I saw Baekhyun-oppa sitting next to Chanyeol-oppa. Still, no sight of the Devil. Psh… you’re the only mentor who’s not here to support your hoobae. “Meanie, Devil,” I mumbled from under my breath. “Yah, first you’re pinching yourself and now you’re talking to yourself. Are you on some kind of drugs?” Oh.My.Goodness. I turned back to see if this was real.

              |SpeakingOfTheDEVIL| I saw that he was holding a hat and a mask in his left hand. I didn’t bother asking about his get-up. “W-what are y-you doing here?” I said, pointing at him. “I believe this MENTOR of yours hurried to take the bus, because their van left him, to come here just to eat!” he said, I think he emphasized the word ‘mentor’ while lowering my pointing finger with his hand. “What? Isn’t there any food in your dorm?” I said, still clueless. He wrinkled his forehead so he looked a little irritated, ”Aish, you actually took it seriously? I should’ve expected this from you,” then placed his hand over his forehead. “So why are you here then? Don’t tell me you’ll…?” He gave me a DUH-of-course-that facial expression. “Ohhh…” I said, finally getting it and smiling at how silly I just looked. He just chuckled. 

             “Ladies and gentleman, as you all know every summer SME is conducting its SME summer workshop…*blah.blah.blah*…Now, we are all gathered here to witness what they’ve all been doing this past 2 weeks,” Jaesook-sunbaenim said. “Omo~ it’s starting already??” I’m starting to get nervous again. “Uhuh.. then I guess I’ll be taking my seat now,” he said. I just nodded as he turned around. I’m so nervous right now I can feel my legs shaking… “So, prepare to be amazed as you sit back, relax and enjoy the show. Thank you!” Jaesook-sunbaenim took his seat. “Oh, I forgot something…” I heard him so I turned back to look at him, “Don’t disappoint me or I’ll never mentor you again,” he smiled and walked away before I could say anything. What a lame way of cheering someone... I pouted then smiled after as the light from the stage started to dim and music started playing.

Sehun’s POV

                I didn’t get to have enough sleep thinking about what just happened yesterday. I looked at the clock beside me. It’s freaking 8:00 am! I immediately get out of my bed, took the quickest bath of my entire life and just grabbed anything in my closet. I run downstairs only to find out that my good-for-nothing hyungs left me! HYUNGS~~ why didn’t you wake me up, you pabos!! When I don’t want to wake up, you barely destroy MY door just to wake me but now that I need to wake up, you left me!!! Knowing that no one’s here to drive me off to SM building, I immediately went to my room, grabbed my cap and mask for cover and hurried to the nearest bus stop. I looked at my watch it’s 8:20 am now, and there's no bus in sight.

              After about 4 minutes, though it felt like hours to me, I happen to get a bus. It’s pretty crowded but the passengers mainly consisted of ahjumas/ahjussis so no one took any advantage of me. Hahaha! Good thing, there’s not much traffic and the bus driver’s driving like there’s no tomorrow. The 30-40 minute trip just lasted for about 25 minutes. I stared at my digital watch again, it’s exactly 8:49 am. I run straight to the backstage as I remove my cap and the mask from my face. I saw the other trainees, some practicing, some taking pictures and some letting the make-up artists do some retouch for them so I just ignored them and continued looking for her. After some few seconds, I managed to locate her behind the stage curtains so I just walked towards her.

                “Meanie, Devil,” I hear her mumble something. Did she just say devil? Is she referring to me? I didn’t quite understand her so I just let it go and said, “Yah, first you’re pinching yourself and now you’re talking to yourself. Are you on some kind of drugs?” She turned back looking quite surprised from my sudden appearance. “W-what are y-you doing here?”  she said while pointing at me. What a silly question so I sarcastically said, “I believe this MENTOR of yours hurried to take the bus, because their van left him, to come here just to eat!” “What? Isn’t there any food in your dorm?” she said, she’s still clueless. WTF, how low is you IQ woman? You don’t even get this kind of sarcasm. ”Aish, you actually took it seriously? I should’ve expected this from you,” I said a little irritatingly while placing my right hand over my forehead ‘cause I can’t stand her stupidity anymore. "So why are you here then? Don’t tell me you’ll…” FINALLY, her all-time buffering brain already gets it! “Ohhh…” she mumbled. I couldn’t help but chuckle at how cute her reaction is when she finally realize her fail. I mean… like a cute kid.

                “Ladies and gentleman, as you all know every summer SME is conducting its SME summer workshop…*blah.blah.blah*... Now, we are all gathered here to witness what they’ve all been doing this past 2 weeks,” I hear Manager Jaesook utter from the front stage. “Omo~ it’s starting already??” she said. “Uhuh.. then I guess I’ll be taking my seat now,” I said and she nodded as I started to walk away. “So, prepare to be amazed as you sit back, relax and enjoy the show. Thank you!” I heard Manager Jaesook utter the final words. I could sense her nervousness now as I remembered how nervous I was when we debuted. I turned back to her.  I remembered my reason for coming here at the first place… to give my good luck to her. “Oh, I forgot something…” she then turned back and now we’re facing each other again. She’s waiting for me to say something, but the hell, I didn’t have enough time to practice this morning, so I just randomly said, “Don’t disappoint me or I’ll never mentor you again,” I turned around and smiled as I finally left the backstage and went to my seat.

 

 

 

 

                                

Sehunnie~ You cute maknae!! My subscribers increased, kamsahamnidaaaa~ Anyway, I'm off to write another chapter.. annyeong~