nine - the ball

Cinderella's Screwed-Up Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

All the students are gathered inside the school gym, which was decorated to make it look more like a fairytale masquerade ball. Everyone is wearing extravagant dresses and had masquerade masks on. The boys are all wearing elegant dresses that make them look like princes, while the girls are trying hard to look like a princess in their quite revealing outfits.

 

Sehun tries hard to smile politely at the girls who crowd around him. Many want to dance with him, but he’s not sure if he could dance with all of them.

 

“Sehun oppa, can you dance with me?” A girl says.

 

Sehun wants to say no, but the girl immediately pulls him to the dance floor.

 

Jihyun watches the girls as they took turns in dancing with Sehun. She narrows her eyes. “I’m supposed to be the one dancing with him.”

 

Minyoung is dancing to the beat of the music. “Then go. It’s not like he’s your boyfriend.”

 

Jihyun shoots her a look. Minyoung realizes what she said and closes shut. Jihyun sighs. “I’m going to get that dance from him.” She marches towards Sehun full of confidence.

 

Sehun had just finished dancing with a girl. He goes to the side and leans on the walls. “Wow. The girls here sure are crazy…”

 

“Sehun-ah…” A voice says beside him. Sehun looks at his side and sees Jihyun. “Let’s dance.”

 

Sehun’s feet are really worn out. *Just say no, stupid. You’re tired.* “Uh…” He was about to say no when his eyes shifted elsewhere. His eyes turn round, and he stops talking.

 

A girl in a pretty pink ball gown enters the gym. She looks stunning in every single way possible, and she looks like a goddess. She looks around shyly and continues to walk inside. Every guy literally stops at what they’re doing, and every girl looks at her bitterly.

 

Jihyun waves a hand in front of the mesmerized Sehun. “Sehun… did you hear me or not?”

 

Sehun snaps back to reality and looks at Jihyun. “Um… wait a sec.” He leaves Jihyun and goes after the new arrival.

 

Jihyun’s mouth pops open. “What the-“ She sees the newly arrived person. *Omo! She looks so beautiful! Even prettier than me! What the hell am I saying??*

 

You slowly walk along the grounds of the gym and feel the stares making holes all over your body. You bite your lower lip and smile at them nervously. *Oh my goodness. Are they staring at me? Is there something wrong?*

 

A guy approaches you. “Um, hi Miss. Are you from here?”

 

You’re surprised. Before you could even reply, the guy immediately talks again. “Because I have never seen such a beautiful girl from our school before.”

 

“Oh.” You want to laugh, but you kept it to yourself. “Thank you.”

 

Soon after, a crowd of boys gather around you to ask you to dance. And not even one of them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter