three - the beginning

Cinderella's Screwed-Up Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Kai sits on a chair beside your bed. He stares intently at you as he argues with himself. “Should I wake you up? Or not?”

 

He turns to you. He pokes you gently at the sides. “~~~~~… Yoon ~~~~~… Wake up…”

 

To his relief, you wake up fairly without having to be woken up twice. You sit up on your bed and rub your eyes. After adjusting your vision, you see Kai staring at you. You blink. “So… it wasn’t a dream…”

 

“What’s not a dream?”

 

You look at him for a while. His voice was very sweet and has a tint of caring, the voice that every woman wants to hear every morning. “You. I thought you were a dream.”

 

Kai watches your face, and chuckles lightly afterwards. “No, ~~~~~. You’re not in a dream. And I'm definitely not a dream.”

 

You nod slowly. “Well, I feel like I am.” You look at the clock and see that you woke up just in time. “I’ll be downstairs. Stay here.” You walk out of your room and go downstairs to prepare breakfast.  You get a frying pan and start to cook.

 

“You didn’t even say ‘thank you’ to me for waking you up.”

 

You turn around to see Kai. “What are you doing here? Didn’t I tell you to stay in my room?!”

 

“I can’t. It’s too dusty.” Kai shrugs and smirks. “By the way, do you want a room makeover?”

 

“Hey. Go back to the room. Mom will see you.” Stepping feet starts to sound from above. Your eyes widen. “Hey! Go back! Shoo!”

 

Kai just simply smiles at you.

 

“Kai!”

 

“~~~~~?” Minjung calls from up the stairs with an irritated voice. “Prepare the table!”

 

You push Kai. “Kai! Go up. Now!”

 

Kai grabs your hands and smirks. “I won’t.”

 

“~~~~~?! Who are you talking to??!” Minjung’s outraged voice was enough to shake the whole house. She appears inside the kitchen.

You hold your breath, waiting for her to scream at you about Kai.

 

Instead, she gives you weird face. “Why are talking to yourself?”

 

You blink. *She can’t see him?* You look around and see Kai obviously inside the kitchen, peering over things and stuff. You swallow hard. “Um… I'm just… uh… practicing for a play…”

 

“Play?” Jihyun appears behind their mother. “There’s no play at school.”

 

You see at the corner of your eyes that Kai is laughing at you. *Brat. Just wait ‘til we get back to my room.* “Uh… I just thought about it… I thought there’s one.”

 

Minyoung is the last to appear. “Don’t even think about it. Even if there was a play, I swear and am sure you won’t even get ANY part in it.” The two sisters laughed and chortled among themselves.

 

You sigh inwards and nod.

 

“Now, go up and wait ‘til we finished.” Minjung sits on the chair together with her daughters. You nod and go back to your room. Kai follows behind you and is still laughing.

 

“Why didn’t you just tell me I'm the only

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter