ten - searching for Cinderella

Cinderella's Screwed-Up Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The morning light shines on Kai's face as he stands up and closes the window. He glance at you with a soft expression. You were feeling happy since last night because of the ball, so you have a small smile plastered on your face. He feels himself smile. "You look very pretty when you smile in your sleep."

 

He walk towards your bed and bend down. He reaches out to your face as he tucks a loose strand of hair behind your ears. "There. Pretty."

 

He listens carefully to your even breathing. Hearing it is like music to his ears. He puts a hand over his chest. *What am I feeling? Am I supposed to feel this? I think these are human feelings...* He looks at you again. "Being with you slowly makes me human. Is that even possible?"

 

Thinking that you are to wake up, he taps you gently on the arms. "~~~~~... wake up... It's time for school."

 

You stir in your sleep and slowly open your eyes. The first thing you see upon waking up is Kai's angelic like features. You pause for a moment and blink.

 

"Hey. Stop staring." Kai says with a smirk. "I know I'm handsome."

 

You push Kai's face away and scowl. "Since when did you become conceited?" You stand up and start to go outside.

 

You prepare for your family's breakfast and do some small chores. Later on, your mother and stepsister's come down from their rooms. They sat down and eat as always without noticing you.

 

"That girl last night..." Jiyeon says with hatred. "She danced the whole night with my Sehun! When I find out who that girl is... argh!"

 

You let out a small, knowing smile.

 

Minyoung just shrugged. Minjung got fed up with her daughter's tantrum. "Shut up and eat your food. Your blabbing ain't gonna help you with your fantasy love life."

 

Jiyeon scowls and continues eating without a word. Soon after, they all finish and go to their own rooms to change. They finish up and leave without acknowledging you.

 

It was your turn to prepare. Finishing the chores and finishing smoothing your clothes, you holler for Kai. "Kai! Are you coming?!"

 

Kai goes running down the stairs. "I'm coming- ah!" He accidentally trips over one step and lands at the bottom steps.

 

You giggle and shake your head. "Come on, clumsy."

 

Kai stands up and rubs his aching , but immediately smiles when he sees you laughing. He felt warm deep insi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter