eighteen | rescue

Cinderella's Screwed-Up Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

As soon as you enter the school the next morning, all eyes are watching you intently. It is very uncomfortable and you lower your head so as not to meet their gazes. Kai is once again not with you that morning so you don't have anyone to whisper to.

 

"~~~~~." A girl suddenly stops you. "Congratulations." She gives a defeated smile and walks away.

 

"~~~~~!" You see Sehun half-running towards you with a large smile on his face. "She's so lucky..." You hear other girls saying. And that's when you start to realize what they're talking about.

 

Sehun immediately hugs you when he reaches you. "Hey, how are you?"

 

You bite your lip. "Good." You are still in shock of the reality you're having right now and don't know how to respond naturally. "I slept good last night."

 

"Me too." Sehun bites his lips and looks away. His cheeks are flushed pink and his moves are a bit nervous. "Um, let's go. We might be late for class." He slowly reaches out to hold your hand.

 

You feel your heart stop for a moment. "Sure." You reply. You are so happy that Sehun is walking beside you. A lot of girls stare enviosuly as the two of you walk past them. Some just try to smile while the others ignore it, unable to accept the fact that their campus heartthrob is now taken.

 

When the two of you reach the room, Jihyun immediately stares at you, full of daggers and hate.

 

---

 

During lunch, Sehun had to go to a club meeting so you ate alone. Upon arriving, you are blocked by Jihyun and Minyoung.

 

"Spit it out, ." She crossed her arms and pushes you.

 

You stumble back. "What do you mean?"

 

Jihyun scoffs. "Don't act stupid. What did you make Sehun eat to fall for you like that?"

 

You blink innocently. "I didn't make him eat anything. I swear." Everyone in the cafeteria stops in what they're doing and starts to listen. Whispers are dominant as they gossip on what's going on.

 

Jihyun stares at your whole being, up and down, before speaking. "You don't deserve Sehun. You're just a piece of ugly weakling compared to me and my undeniably good looks. What makes you think Sehun would really want you?"

 

"Ask him." You reply confidently. "He's the one who chose me. He's the one who said he loves me. Why don't you ask him?"

 

"Hey!" Jihyun's anger starts to boil up in her. She steps forward and jabs a pointing finger at your head, which makes you stumble back again. "You have no rights to tell me that!"

 

"Eonni..." Minyoung pulls Jihyun back, embarrassed by the attention they're getting. "Stop it would you?"

 

Jihyun pushes Minyoung aside and she fell to the floor. "Don't tell me what to do!" She then turns bac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter