one - current state

Cinderella's Screwed-Up Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“~~~~~!!”

 

A loud knocking, more like banging, is heard through the door of the house’s attic. You hear this loud sound and start to move on your dusty mat you’re sleeping on.

 

The door to the attic flies open and in comes your two step-sisters. Your eyes widen in fright. “Jihyun eonni. Minyoung-”

 

Before you could even finish, Minyoung slaps you on your face. “How dare you wake up so late!!” She says. Her slap makes a distinct red mark on your face.

 

Jihyun pulls you up. “You’re gonna be dead when mother finds out! You haven’t even ironed our clothes yet! There isn’t any breakfast, too!”

 

You pull yourself, composed. “I did iron your clothes already. And the food is in the refrigerator.”

 

The two sisters look at each other. Jihyun points at Minyoung. “You told me there weren’t any food there.”

 

“Wait…” Minyoung tilts her head. “Oh. There is.”

 

“Aish!” Jihyun slaps her cheeks lightly. She turns to you and points at you. “Here’s the deal. You prepare the food and clothes for us right now, and we won’t tell Mom that you overslept.”

 

You nod.

 

Jihyun looks at you up and down. “Okay.” She pulls Minyoung with her. “Let’s go.” Jihyun slams the door behind her when they left.

 

As soon as they left, you sigh and start to arrange your mat. “I’m doing this for you, Dad.” You look out the small window from your small room. “I hope you’re okay up there, Dad.”

 

You quickly go downstairs and prepare your sisters’ clothes and food. You hang the school uniforms on a hook near the refrigerator and get the food out to the table. You carefully set out the plates on the table, so as not to make any unnecessary sounds, avoiding the terror of waking your step-mom up.

 

You were just about finished when your sisters come out from their rooms in their bath robes. You look at them. *Do they always do the same thing at the same time, wearing the same thing at the same time?* You purse your lips to stop yourself from smiling.

 

Jihyun sees you standing beside the table, and her eyes shift to the uniforms. She walks slowly towards it and inspects it with eagle eyes. Afterwards, she nods slowly. “You’ve done well with the ironing for today.” She lifts her head up. “But that doesn’t mean you’re already part of us.” She says.

 

Minyoung nods in agreement with her older sister.

 

You also nod, thinking that you never really wanted to be part of them.

 

Your step-mom, Minjung, groggil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter