Prove It

Nerds and Bullies Live Worlds Apart

When Ryeowook got home, he slammed the door and ran up to his room, ignoring all the maids looking at him with confused faces. He had been lying face down in his bed crying when he heard someone come into the room.

“Ryeowook let me explain what happened”.

Ryeowook jumped off the bed to face Kyuhyun, “I know what happened, you used me for and then told everyone, thanks to you, everyone hates me, at least before I was the nerd they ignored, now they know me and hate me”.

“That’s not what happened! I didn’t tell everyone!”

“Then what did you do?!”

“Look, just sit down, and I’ll explain”.

Ryeowook sat down on the bed, moving away from Kyuhyun who sighed but kept his distance anyway.

“It was before school started, I was outside telling Leeteuk hyung he was right. He had a private word with me asking if I had feelings for you and I hadn’t stopped thinking about it. When I realised I did, I wanted to prove to you that I really did like you, and that’s what happened last night. Today, when I told him that I had confessed and about what happened, he was really happy. I didn’t realise that this girl who’s obsessed with me, was listening. She’s the one that told everyone and when I saw her hitting you, I went to tell her off and told her to tell everyone that she got it wrong. I kept trying to find time to talk to you, but Kangin hyung stopped me, he told me to give it time”.

Ryeowook stayed silent throughout Kyuhyuns explanation, he watched the sadness and guilt develop in Kyuhyuns eyes, but he wouldn’t forgive him this easily. Kyuhyun moved closer to Ryeowook and wiped some dry tears away, letting his hand rest on Ryeowooks cheek.

“Please, don’t cry, a beautiful face like this shouldn’t be stained with tears”

Ryeowook was about to give in when he snapped back to reality and pushed Kyuhyuns hand away.

“No”

“What?”

“I won’t forgive you“

“Ryeowook please”

“You have to prove yourself, you can’t think that I’ll give into you that easily, I made that mistake last night”

“Fine, I’ll prove it to you, I’ll prove that I really like you and that I don’t care what those people say, and I’ll show them all I’m proud to have to you”

 

Next day

Ryeowook woke up early, stretching out in bed before going to have a shower. He hadn’t spoken to Kyuhyun since he came into his room to apologise. He avoided him at dinner telling his parents he wasn’t hungry. On the way to school, he kept his head down and wouldn’t look at anyone in fear of them saying things to him. To his surprise, no one said anything to him. He kept walking to get passed the gates until Kibum stopped him, jumping on him and pulling him into a hug.

"Why do you look so shocked?", Kibum asked.

"Everyone is ignoring me like before, it's like nothing happened yesterday".

"They get over stuff pretty quick, although you have to watch that Mihyun, she's crazy".

"Who's that?"

"This crazy girl that's completely obsessed with Kyuhyun, she'll still be angry about yesterday, but we're all here for you", he smiled.

Ryeowook made his mouth into an 'o' shape, remembering the girl that slapped him yesterday, then he smiled with Kibums comforting words. The first couple of lessons were okay, no one said anything to him, although he did get horrible looks from that Mihyun girl. When it was time for lunch, he sighed and packed his bag to go to the cafeteria when he was stopped by Eunhyuk.

"Ryeowook-ah! What happened with Kyuhyun?"

Ryeowook had a confused look on his face, "Hyung, you already know".

"Not that, just come with me".

Eunhyuk dragged Ryeowook out to the field by his arm. Once they got there, Ryeowook stood confused and amazed, his mouth and eyes wide open. Eunhyuk saw and carefully pushed his mouth closed, bringing him back to reality. Kyuhyun had his name spelt out with little chocolate hearts and arranged a little picnic for him outside, with delicious food in a basket. He noticed Ryeowook and walked over to him.

"I told you I would prove it"

He dragged the still awe struck Ryeowook over the picnic mat and sat him down. Eunhyuk watched his friend being taken away with a big gummy smile, before running off to tell the others. Heechul had heard the news and was still furious with Kyuhyun for letting Ryeowook get abused yesterday. He stormed down an empty hallway before he was stopped by a certain Chinese man.

"Hello there Kitty"

Heechul rolled his eyes and turned around, "Don't you have anything better to do?"

"I could think of something, but that requires your cooperation", he spoke with a smirk on his face.

"Listen ert, it't happening", Heechul was about to walk off, but Hangeng grabbed his wrist.

"Come on, I see the way you look at me".

Heechul couldn't control the blush creeping up on his cheeks, he did have a thing for this erted Chinese man, not that he'd ever admit to it.

"Hey kitty?", Heechul was bought back to reality with those words.

"What?"

"You've gone pink"

"Shut up! And leave me alone"

Heechul tried another attempt of walking away when Hangeng turned him around, gripped his waist and kissed him full on his plump lips. Heechul was frozen from the shock of Hangeng kissing him and just stood there. Hangeng pulled away slowly, his lips, tasting Heechuls lips again.

"Stop denying me Heechul"

Just then, Donghae came around the corner whistling a tune to himself but stopped when he saw the scene in front of him. Heechul immeadiately turned around.

"Donghae-ah, it's not what it looks like", Heechul panicked.

"Don't worry hyung, it's cool, I knew you had the hots for him", Donghae flashed a smile and walked away, while Hangeng laughed at Heechul red face.

"Aish, you pabo!", Heechul pouted.

 

Back at the field

"Why did you do all this?", Ryeowook was still shocked that Kyuhyun had gone through this much effort.

"I wanted to prove it to you. Ryeowook, will you be mine?"

"Yes", Ryeowook blushed.

Kyuhyun smiled widely and hugged Ryeowook tight before giving him a kiss on the lips. Everyone was smiling at the sweet scene and some others were saying sorry to Ryeowook for misunderstanding and being horrible to him. He forgave them and went back to his lunch with Kyuhyun, not realising the evil looks Mihyun was burning him with.

After lunch, Ryeowooks day perked up. He was ahppy in class and kept smiling, remembering what Kyuhyun did. He was feeling great now that he knew how Kyuhyun really felt. After school had ended, Kyuhyun was waiting at the gates for Ryeowook, who walked over happily to him.

"Ryeowook, I won't be walking home with you, I have to go pick something up, but I won't be long okay?"

"Okay Kyuhyun", they shared a sweet kiss before going in sifferent directions.

Once Ryeowook got home, he found a note onthe front door. His parents had gone away for a few days. He sighed and walked into the house. This happened to him a lot, but he was happy that Kyuhyun was there to keep him company. The maids had alreadty gone home,so he went upstairs to take a bath. Once he had come out, he wrapped a towel around his waist and let his the water form his hair leave droplets on his body. He walked into his room opened his closet. He felt a pair of hands circle his waist and screamed. He turned around to see the person.

"Hello gorgeous, did I scare you?"

"Kyuhyun! Don't do that!", Ryeowook heart was still beating hard.

"I'm sorry, let me make it up to you", he smirked and and removed his clothes before leading Ryeowook to his bed.