Chapter 15: Are You serious?!

I hate you Lee Sungmin!

Kyuhyun's POV~


I can’t believe I let her say that. That there was no feeling between us; because I’m pretty sure there was one from when I first met her. It was probably just nothing-ness.

But I’m just going to go with her flow. Like a small stone, in the river Nile. I’ll just be going with the flow.

“BWOH?!” everyone -except for Sungmin- exclaimed.

“You serious?” I was asked by Hankyung, my answer was to just nod modestly.

“We’re just friends, right?” I looked over at Sora who nodded enthusiastically.  “See? Friendship bracelets.” I yanked Sora’s arm that had a matching bracelet as mine.

“I can’t believe this. I seriously-“ Kibum murmured, caught off guard by Sungmin.

“Well, I can. This is great.” He smirked, relaxing on the car seat casually. “Told you Heechul Hyung.” He mocked, and I felt my head suddenly spin. I knew Sungmin was totally against the idea of the two of us, but now, I see nothing between us. Nor do I see a friendship between me and Sungmin.

I hope no one ever makes me do anything with Sungmin. Anything that incudes touching, hugging or any kissing. And I don’t care if it’s for the fans.  

Nix, nada, no.

I refuse.

“You still owe me Korean barbeque.”  Sora said simply, her hair still dripping with the scent of chlorine clinging on to her hair and skin.

Damn, that soaking hair. Even then she’s still a cutie. And she’s frustrated, why is she still so cute even when she’s annoyed?  

Stupid seventeen year old boy hormones, you strike at the wrong time.

“Aigo, the car stinks of chlorine.” Heechul complained.

“You stink of it too.” Sora snapped.

“Jeez, PMS much huh?” he said sourly.

“You do not PMS me Kim Heechul.”

“And why not?”

“Hyung… I rather not question her authority to kick any of our butts.” Sungmin said to Heechul.

“And what are you going to do? Dance ballet to annoy me?” he mocked her.

Her next action was a bit rough, but hey, it’s Kim Heechul. He deserves some tough love. She grabbed him by the collar and brought his face merely inches from hers.

“Kim Heechul, I am a two time black belt in the arts of Tae Kwon Do, and a black belt in Kendo, and I have the authority to use that skill whenever suits me by my parents. Arraso?” she hissed, making all of us gulp. “You do not want to get your kicked by a seventeen year old girl.”

Heechul furrowed his eyebrows, “Been there, done that, got the t-oof! “  He was punched in the chest by Sora.

“Would you like me to repeat my threat again?” she said in a sickly sweet voice, giving him a dark glare.

“I’m good.”  Heechul surrendered.

“I believe you should be; we are eating Korean barbeque.” Sora smirked, falling back into her seat. Damn that smirk, gets me every time.

Once again, these teen hormones will be the death of me.

Like how my father used to tell me to work hard; and I kinda backlashed him.

Stupid Kyu. I frowned to myself, as I thought silently.  She’s just a girl. A pretty girl. Who happens to be the sister of someone who hates you.  A lot.

Stupid thoughts are bothering me. I smacked my forehead, quietly, but with enough force to get rid of those unworldly thoughts.

“What’s up with you?” Kibum asked me, giving me a weird look, I shrugged him off. “Tell me later?” I nodded.

“Okey dokey then.” He gave me a sceptical look.

“What?” I asked.

“Nothing, like you said; we’ll talk later.” He winked, sending weird erted thoughts to my invaded brain.

Aish, this guy.

Sungmin had better feel good that I’m not going to date Sora. He had better pay for everything she asks for because he was the one that dropped her in the pool like an idiot. Even I caught her. Okay I fell over, but she was on top so she wouldn’t get hurt!

erted mind.

“We’re here!” driver Lee Donghae cheered, opening the car door happily.

“Aigo, you took me to this barbeque?” Sungmin complained.

“Omona! I love this place!” Sora clapped.

“You been here before?” she was asked by Eunhyuk.

“Yep, I came with Umma and Appa. They bought me beef, and Umma cooked it perfectly.” Sora boasted her time with her mother to Sungmin.

“You know how expensive this place is right?” Eunhyuk questioned her, she shook her head. “Well, this place is where we go when we have money on us. Do you have money on yourself Sungmin?” He teased.

“Aigo,  I only have it on my card.” He sighed, “Korean barbeque I promised, Korean barbeque I give.”

“Good. It means you do keep promises.” Sora gave him a wicked grin.

“I had no choice but to execute the damned promise.” Sungmin grumbled, dragging his feet into the restaurant. “Table for ten.” He mumbled, as the lady took us to a round table.

“There you go.” She gave him a smile, he ignored it.

“Thanks.” He plopped down at the round table, and looked through what to order. “What would you like?” He asked Sora as she sat down on the opposite side, next to me.

“Umma usually buys Wagyu beef, for me. And Kobe beef for Appa.” Sora said sweetly, causing Sungmin to groan, “Yah. I wasn’t finished.”

“Oh. Continue.”  He mumbled.

“But I’ll be nice and just ask for some Wagyu steaks, and Kobe strips since I’m not that hungry.” Sora smirked.

“Thanks, a lot, Sora.” He said, sarcasm rolling off is tongue smoothly, “What would you lot like?” He turned his attention to us.

“The usual.” Everyone murmured their answer.

“Thank the lord.” He praised, kissing his credit card happily. “Soju?” he asked everyone.

To which they shook their heads, “Just juice.” Everyone agreed.

“Waitress!” Sungmin called.

“Yes Sir, how can I help you today?” she gave him that weird smile.

“I’d like to order some wagyu steaks, kobe strips, beef sirloin and some beef back ribs please.” He said politely. “Oh and two jugs of orange juice thank you.”

“Of course Sir.” The waitress bowed, and disappeared into the kitchen.

“What a day.” Siwon narrated calmly, stretching.

“I agree. And soon, we’ll be doing our drama.” Leeteuk laughed.

“I’m not part of it.” Heechul in rudely.

“Heechul-ah, calm down.” Hankyung soothed him.

“They cut you out of the drama because you can’t speak Korean well. How am I supposed to calm down when they do something like that?” Heechul fumed.

“At least you’re looking after Sora.” Kibum tried to help, but he only received groans from both parties. “Aigo, really guys?”

“Aish, babysat by him?” Sora complained, resting her head on my shoulder.

“Aish, babysitting her?” Heechul complained, resting his head on Hankyung’s shoulder.

I shifted uncomfortably, under Sungmin’s glare.  This guy really, he is one of a kind. I’m not even doing anything to Sora, she’s resting on me; not the other way round.

“Aigo, how old are you Heechul?” Leeteuk scolded him playfully, “It’s okay for Sora, and at least she can pull off the look.”

“Merong~” I watched Sora tease, sticking her tongue out childishly.

“Oh look the food is here.” Donghae changed the subject abruptly. “Thank you Miss.” He thanked the waitress with that Donghae smile of his; and all the waitress did was a weird giggle, and bowed her head in return.

Che. Fangirls. She was obviously a Donghae fan.

“Yah, Donghae-ah.” Heechul smirked, when the girl turned to another table, “EunHae mode on.”

“What about HanChul mode?” Donghae remarked. “Some fan service would so an awesome job.”

“I just realised KangTeuk mode isn’t on, since Kangin isn’t here.” Leeteuk sighed.

“This is awkward.” Kibum raised his eyebrows and looked at me and Sora. “Hehehe.” He chuckled to himself.

“What?” I whispered, since I was next to him.

“I just thought of this. Hehehehe.” He continued to chuckle.

“Of what?”

“I’ll tell you later.” Kibum smirked.

“Are you serious? Kibummie.” I sighed in distress.

“Here.” Sungmin passed his sister a plate with her beef on it, and I watched her smile reach her ears.

“Donghae Oppa~” she said in a sweet innocent voice.

“Yes Sora?” he answered.

“Ah.” She fed him a strip of Kobe beef. And we all watched the waitress drop the plates. “Tee hee.” She giggled.

“OH I GET IT NOW.” Donghae laughed, and whispered something to Sora, theirs eyes facing her older brother, who was cooking some more strips.

“Kyuhyun Oppa~” she turned to me with an innocent smile once more.

Holy Moly, she called me Oppa. What devilish plans is she up to now?

“Yes?” I answered.

“Would you like some Wagyu?” she asked sweetly, making me dumbstruck. I simply nodded, “Here you go.” She placed the Wagyu steak into my mouth after blowing it.

“Argh!” Sungmin grumbled, burning his little finger due to the both of us.

“Go Sora!” Donghae and Eunhyuk high-fived her as I chewed modestly.

Now I get why she fed me, oh that evil girl. Flirt.

Flirt. Flirt. Flirty flirt flirt. The voices rang in my head, repeatedly.

“Would you like anymore?” Sora asked me.

“Yeah, why not?” I joined in, receiving a glare from Sungmin, I opened my mouth wide.

“Let me cool it down first.”

Damn, even that sounded weird. erted mind set.

I was excited to go out the next day, I decided that I’d take her out to a museum first, see some nearby landmarks of Seoul, then treat her to ice cream.

Sounded like a great plan. I found myself celebrating inside.

Then I could get her to like me as more than a friend. Show her how smart Cho Kyuhyun can be; I hope we’re in the same maths class.

“So Sora, where would you like to go tomorrow?” I asked her casually, since everyone else was in their own little bubble.

She shrugged, “Wherever. I don’t mind.” She gave me a warm smile.

Focus on the words coming out of your mouth. Not her smile, not . I yelled in my head, as weird thoughts invaded my brain.

“Do you like museums?”

“Most.”

“Bring a lot of film in your polaroid camera tomorrow.” I ordered, to which she nodded.

“I’ll have to go buy some.”

“I know a great place.” We both agreed. “Can I have some of that Kobe beef? I heard it tastes good, just like the Wagyu.”

“Sure, here.” She blew on it to cool it down once more, so considerate. And I opened my mouth to let her place it there. “Taste good?” she asked.

“Very.” I approved gratefully. “I gotta buy this once in a while.”

“Omona, you guys are so cute.” Eunhyuk remarked, making the both of us blush.

“Aigo, it’s not like that.” I defended, badly.

“We know, it’s such a shame.”

A shame? A shame? I may as well go jump off a cliff now, call that a shame. It’s a effed up disaster!

I imagined myself smacking my forehead.

“You two would have looked great together.” Siwon said sadly.

What were they now? Matchmakers?

Must not think bad stuff about Hyungs, they have been nice to you, must not ruin chance.

But my stupid mouth just had to get me into trouble, “Hyungs, you aren’t matchmakers.” I said as a matter-of-factly, taking a while to digest what I just said.

I’m going to be sleeping in my donut tent tonight. I thought to myself.

“Who said we were?” the Eunhae couple smirked in my direction.  “Or do you want us to be?”

I swear these guys have a thing for each other. In reality, I mean.

I raised my eyebrows, “I didn’t say I wanted you to be, I just said you weren’t.” I shrugged.

I received a punch in the leg from underneath the table, I winced and noticed Sora smirking.

“Leave the couple alone.” She whispered in my ear.

Did she have to be so close to my ear?

Shut up stupid brain.

“Ta-da! All cooked.” Sungmin plastered a fake smile, as he looked in my direction.

“Eat well.” Siwon said humbly, as he said grace quietly.

“Eat well.” Everyone chorused, picking up the wooden chopsticks and tucking in.

“Hyung, this tastes great.” Kibum said insincerely. “Let’s hope your card has enough for Sora’s order.”

“Next order.” Sora corrected. “Can I get the most expensive on the menu?” She grinned.

“I’ll cook it for you Sora.” Hankyung suggested.

“Thank you Oppa.” Sora grinned widely, whereas Sungmin sighed. She was enjoying his pain, his every grumble made her day.

She was truly one of a kind.

“Waitress.” Sungmin called hesitantly to the waitress that dropped the plates.

“Yes Sir?” She asked him innocently. “How can I help you?” she glared at Sora, who was feeding Donghae again.

“I would like to buy the most expensive thing on the menu.”

“How many orders Sir?” Sungmin turned his gaze toward Sora, who suggested three.

“Three, please.” He sighed.

“Yes Sir, be right back Sir.” She bowed her head, dashing into the kitchen.

“Why three?”

“One for me,” she pointed to herself, “Whoever wants the rest of mine can have it, but the rest can be for you guys.” She smiled as if she had done something very noble.

“Thank you Sora!” everyone but Sungmin gurgled happily.

“Aigo…” Sungmin grumbled.

I watched Sora celebrate his pain. And I celebrated it inside too.

“Here you go sir.” The waitress popped out of nowhere, scaring all of us. “Enjoy your meal, Sirs and Madam.” She bowed her head, and disappeared.

“There you go Hyung, you cook it.”

“With pleasure.” He smiled, with his broken Korean, and said something to Sora in Mandarin.

She replied in the same tone, and their conversation continued, until Hankyung finished cooking it all to perfection.

“Xie xie (Thank you).” She thanked Hankyung, at least I understood that much Mandarin.

Hankyung blushed, and said that it was no big deal.

Yes, I know how to say Hello, Thank You, Your Welcome, and My Name is and Goodbye in Mandarin.

I should quit this self-pity, it’s getting ridiculous. I sighed quietly, as I tucked into my portion of the huge Kobe steak, and asked if Sora needed help. She simply answered with, “I’ll take it home for the other Oppa’s.” she nice like that.

“You’re so sweet Sora.” Leeteuk cooed, “Thank you Sungminnie for paying.” He snickered, high-fiving Sora.

“I want a high-five!” wailed skin-ship lover Siwon, “Yeah!” he laughed, as he high-fived her.

“Did you want to bring the steak home Sora?” Sungmin said, as calmly as he could, Sora nodded.

“Waitress!” five voices called her at once; the waitress turned her head flirtatiously.

Not that she was as cute as Sora that is.

Shut up shut up shut up.

“Yes Sir?” she said to Donghae.

Che, told you she was a Donghae fan girl.

“Can we please take this steak home?” he said in a pleading manner.

“O-of course Sir.” She bowed her head, and took the plate into the kitchen.

“Che, Donghae fan girl.” Heechul muttered as he rolled his eyes.

“Can you blame me?” Donghae asked innocently.

“Donghae Oppa~” Sora whispered into his ear, causing him to chuckle.

“I still have some left.” He nodded, “Just wait till she puts the takeaway down first ‘kay?”

“’Kay.” She giggled.

“Here you go Sir.” The waitress gave him a smile, to which he dismissed, by accepting a piece of meat from Sora.

“Mm, that tastes so good.” He winked, as the waitress stormed off to another table.

“Aigo, you guys are cruel.” Leeteuk scolded.

“Tee hee.” The two giggled amongst themselves.

“DoRa~~” Heechul chanted. “Uh-oh, but what about KyuRa?” he asked innocently, watching Sungmin boil.

“Let’s go home.” Sungmin said through gritted teeth, as he paid for the dinner.

“Thank you Oppa~” Sora thanked him, with the innocent look, although, I noticed a mischievous light dancing in her eyes.

“You’re up to something.” I whispered in her ear, imitating her actions towards me. She simply smiled.

“Who said I was up to something?” She asked, making herself look very harmless indeed.

But I noticed that smirk that she did when she turned away.

“I did.” I murmured.

She turned to face me. “So what if I am?”

“Has it anything to do with Sungmin?”

“Obviously.”

“I’m out of it.” I slid into the back of the van.

“You gotta make friends with him!” Sora blurted, covering with her hands afterwards.

“What?!” I half-yelled.

“Just-we’ll talk about it later.” She dismissed me.

“You can’t just do that! You have to explain it to me straight away!”

“Well, I can’t right now can I?!” she proved me wrong, and faced the front.

“Aish.” I muttered.

“Couple problems Kyu?” Kibum suddenly asked me.

“Yah, we weren’t a couple in the first place.” I rolled my eyes.

“You’re so serious about that.”

“Che.” I crossed my arms and refused to say another word.

“Aigo, you’re so stubborn.” He frowned, especially when I gave him a smug smile.

I said nothing as we reached home and ran to my room, for my dear life.

“KYUHYUN-AHH!” Kibum called after me, running up the stairs and throwing himself on me.

“Eurgh.” I grunted, wriggling underneath him.

“Stay still, and answer all the questions I’m abo-“

“Whoa, can you two really not wait for the bedroom?” a sarcastic question was formed, by Sora.

“Yah!” I yelled, finally pushing Kibum off of my body. “We have to talk!” I grabbed her wrist and dragged her into her bedroom.

“Fine!”  Sora shouted, shoving me backwards.

“EXPLAIN!” I yelled.

YOU HAVE TO BE FRIENDS WITH HIM OR IT WON’T WORK!”

“WHY WON’T IT?!”

“BECAUSE PEOPLE WILL SUSPECT SOMETHING BAD IS GOING ON IN THE GROUP!”

“Che. Yeah right.” I scoffed.

“Yes actually, and you have to be friends with him.”

“Why me?”

“Maybe because you’re in the unlucky position of his hate right now?” Sora asked rhetorically.

I hate how she’s right.

“How am I meant to be friends with him?” I asked.

“Brilliant question! All you have to do is buy him jajangmyun, and buy him something pink.” She explained, as if it was the easiest thing to do ever.

“Seriously, you are going to ruin my life.” I groaned.

“We’ll buy him jajangmyun tomorrow ‘kay?” she asked.

“On our way back.” I agreed hesitantly.

“Goodie!” she clapped, as I left the room.

“We have to talk.” Kibum faced me, and grabbed my shoulders. “Seriously, what was up with the head slapping in the car?”

“Uh… I was thinking about...” I drifted off, and my cheeks burned against my favour.

“Sora?”

“Sh!” I hushed him, putting my finger over his lips. “Can you be a little quieter?” I whispered.

“I don’t get why-“

“Sh!” I whispered, and stalked into the room, shutting the door as Kibum entered.

“Why don’t you want me to speak so loud?” he asked, lowering his voice.

“Because Sungmin might hear and kill me, and second, Sora might hear and might not feel the same.” I explained in a rush.

“Oh… right, so why were you thinking about Sora?”

“I… was just… Stupid hormones.” I slapped my forehead. “Stupid, stupid stupid.” I continued to mutter.

“Oh, right… you were thinking about her.” Kibum smirked.

“Yah, Kim Kibum not like that!” I said in defence.

“Sure, sure.”

“What did you want to say to me then?”

“I just wanted to say, if you did end up dating Sora, you’re couple name would be KyuRa right?” the other smirked.

“And I will be dead by then too.” I answered.

“Gotta make a move soon Dongsaeng, I have a feeling guys will be watching her every move once she steps on school grounds.” Kibum warned, tapping his nose like a know-it-all.

“I know okay?”

“Good.” He approved, prepared to leave the room. “Are you serious about this all? Do you not feel hurt that she only thinks of you as a fr-“

I interrupted his sentence, “Yes, yes I do.”