Chapter 13: Are we friends?

I hate you Lee Sungmin!

Sungmin's POV~


Oh that girl. That infuriating girl. That argh! My hands balled into tight fists, my eyebrows furrowing, my head spinning, as I walked around the room in circles.

"Oh she is so. So. SO. WHAT IS THE WORD?"

"Irritating?" Kyuhyun looked up from his prospectus. 

"IRRITATING! ARGH! SHE IS SO IRRITATING!" I fumed.

"Your welcome." Kyuhyun muttered.

"YAH!"

"Yes?"

"DON'T BE SO RUDE!" 

"I was just saying your welcome for helping you with a word." he shrugged. "So your welcome."

"OH YOU LITTLE WHATSIT." I grabbed him by the collar, too outraged to think straight. "DON'T THINK THAT BEING RUDE WILL GET YOU ANYWHERE IN-"

"Let go of him." Leeteuk interrupted. "Now."

"THIS. THIS. THIS. THING! IS SO BLOODY RUDE AND DISRESPECTFUL." I half yelled. 

"I heard he helped you find the right word to describe your sister. You didn't thank him either. Who's being rude now?" Leeteuk raised his eyebrows in question. "I suggest you go do something productive, I have fully accepted Kyuhyun as a member of Super Junior."

"Kamsahmnida Leeteuk Hyung." Kyuhyun bowed his head, meekly disappearing up into his, Yesung and Kibum's room.

"You a-actually accepted him?" I asked Leeteuk, with furrowed eyebrows.

"I feel, the way. We've been treating him ever since he came to our dorm, too harshly. This boy has talent." he pointed out.

"Talent?"

"His singing talent is impressive."

"Whatever. Like you told me to do, I'm going to do something productive." I stalked into my and Siwon's room, and found myself simply strumming my guitar tunelessly.

"Hey Sungmin Hyung," Siwon greeted me cheerfully, stepping into the room oh-so-casually. "What's up?"

"Nothing, just freaking irritated with my sister that's all."

"Oh right." he mumbled, clearly upset with my choice of words. 

"I need to find someway to keep myself busy." I finally said. "What to do what to do."

"Church? Read a bible?"

"Siwon..." I groaned, "Not that kind. Please."

"What about studying wine? Or something?"

"Meh," I shrugged, "I dunno if I should."

 

Kyuhyun's POV~


Thank you Leeteuk. Thank you so so so much. 

I plopped onto my mattress, and faced the ceiling, closing my eyes delicately.

"Kyuhyun-ah? Don't you wanna play with me?" Kibum asked sadly.

"It's okay, I'm tired." I rejected his offer quietly. 

"So... Teukie Hyung fully accepted you?"

"Yeah." I said simply, not opening my eyes.

"That's big stuff... Teukie Hyung doesn't accept people so easily you know." said Kibum, with a-matter-of-factly tone.

"I realise that."

"You going to sleep?" he asked.

"Yeah..." I yawned, "Kibum Hyung.."

"Kyuhyun?" 

"Did you accept me when I first joined Super Junior?" I managed ask.

"You know what? The first few weeks, it kinda , I wasn't the youngest anymore... but I was one of the first to accept you." he smiled warmly.

"Oh... thanks Kibum Hyung." I smiled, closing my eyes once more.

"If you need anything ask me 'kay?"

"Okay."

"Goodnight Kyuhyun."

"G-night." I mumbled, my eyelids finally dropping, the weight of them increasing.. And ever so slowly, I fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up. Usually it is to the sound of happy birds tweet tweeting or the calm buzz buzzing of the other members around the house. But nope, that day was different, I woke up to the sound of an argument, just like the night before.

"Why can't you just leave me alone Sungmin!" Sora half-yelled, rudely.

"Where do you think you're going?!" he hissed in the same volume, and tone. Thus making me curious. 

Slowly and silently, I poked my head out of my room, and saw Sungmin's hand wrapped tightly around Sora's thin wrist. She was fully dressed -in a pair of light blue denim shorts, a baggy yellow shirt over a stripy vest and wearing a pair or light pink converse shoes- for some unknown reason.

"I'm going away from you." she answered, "Anywhere, away from you is always better." 

"You are so infuriating you know that?" he asked her rhetorically.

"You are so painfully narcissistic, you know that?" she remarked, in the same tone.

"Oh you little-"

"Goodbye Sungmin." Sora yanked her arm back, and skipped down the stairs. Slamming the front door, as she left.

"Oh ." I whispered to myself, quickly jumping back into my matress, and closing my eyes. Fake sleeping. I even faked a few quiet snores.

"Kyuhyun-ah." Kibum shook me gently, "Kyuhyun-ah, wake up."

"Hm?" I grunted.

"Do you have Sora-sshi's number?" I nodded.

"Can you give it to me? I'll call her."

"Sure. My phone is there." I indicated to where my suitcase was.

"Thanks Kyuhyun." 

"Not a problem." I finished, slowly trodding to the bathroom. I took my time in the shower, singing our song 'U'. I was sad enough to memorise every line in the song, but you really can't blame me. It was my first song.

As I walked out of the bathroom, I was greeted to by Shindong. "Wow, Kyuhyun-ah, you're a good singer."

"K-kamsa." I bowed my head, my face heated, "Hyung, know where Sora went?"

"She went to buy Mimi stuff, Heechul Hyung literally went to go hunt her down."

"Whoa...Heechul Hyung seems quite fierce..."

"Nah, Heechul Hyung has just got a really sharp tongue, that's all." Kibum reassured with a white smile. "He's also quite protective."

"Sure."

"Have you eaten?" I was asked, I shook my head. "Go!" he shoved me down the stairs softly.

"I'm going." I entered the kitchen, with a small smile, nodding silently.

"Kyuhyun-ah." Leeteuk greeted me. 

"Leeteuk Hyung." I bowed my head. "Good morning."

"Good morning, " he patted my head softly."I think it's time for you to get closer to the other members. Ah, mian, Heechul has gone to find Sora."

"It's okay," I smiled, "Good morning," I said to everyone this time, in return I was greeted to eleven other good mornings, and mornings.

"I was one of the first people to accept Kyuhyun!" Yesung boasted.

"Kamsa-"I started.

"I accepted him too!" Donghae interjected.

"It-"I was interrupted.

"I accepted him first!" Eunhyuk claimed.

"No I did!" Siwon stood up.

"It really-"

"Yes Kyuhyun?" everyone turned to look at me.

"It really doesn't matter." I promised, "So long as I know I am accepted it's fine." I smiled, taking a seat and eating my cereal quietly.

When I was about half-way through my cereal, the was a loud kerplunk at the front door. "What was that?" I asked.

"Let me go check." Kangin offered, "Oh it's Heechul, and Sora, ooh. Heechul looks mad." he quickly hid behind the door.

"Calm down, jeez I thought fangirls weren't that crazy." said Sora.

"Well now you know! Don't go screaming my name in a pet store if you're mad at me!"

"Well I'm sorry! Happy now?!" Sora apologised, unsincerely.

"You don't mean it!"

"Fine. I am sorry." she said slowly, batting her eyelashes.

"I am Kim Heechul, Kim Heechul does not fall for Aegyo."

"Mianhaaae Oppa." she pouted.

"Forgiven." he forgave reluctantly, patting Sora's hair.

"Where's Sungmin? I need to tell him that I'm going out for a haircut." Sora looked around, for her brother. 

"He's in his room, looking pretty grumpy." Siwon warned, hee hee that rhymed.

"Screw his grumpiness." she waved her hand, and skipped up the stairs. I turned to look at everyone for help, but no, they just shoo me up the stairs to follow Sora all of them mouthing, 'Get it in!' 

I didn't say anything, as I watched Sora knock on Sungmin's door repeatedly, "Sungmin! Sungmin! Sungmin!" she continued to knock. "I'm going to cut my hair okay, and it's gonna be boy short!"

"What?!" he opened the door, his face terrified.

"Ahaha, anything to get you out. I'm cutting my hair tomorrow."

"Boy short? Don't ever do that."

"Fine, not boy short, but shorter than how it is now."

"I'm coming with you."

"What?! No!"she exclaimed, clearly upset with what he chose.

"Going to make sure you get a nice cut." he gave her a sickly sweet smile, "And then maybe I'll treat you to lunch."

"Fine, but you're getting me sushi. I demand for californian rolls, dorayakis, mochis, dragon rolls and whatever I want."

"Arasso." he agreed hesitantly. "Where did you go this morning? You know you worried almost all of us."

"I went out to buy Mimi's stuff of course." Sora her heel and strolled into her room, with her bags. I swear that girl buys way too much for her needs. "Hello Mimi," I heard her coo.

I quickly trodded back down the stairs.  "What do I do?" I asked Kangin. 

"Well did she notice you?"

"No.." 

"Well get her to notice you! I thought you were friends!"

"W-we are."

"Are you sure?"

"Well, I think we are." I mumbled.

"Go up there and ask her you silly boy!" he hit the back of my head playfully, smacking my encouraging me to go back up the stairs. "Good luck!" he called, when I reached the landing, I heard him chuckling.

I started to whistle casually, thinking about how to ask her, finally giving up I knocked on her door slowly. The sound of me knocking echoed in the hallway, making me paranoid of Sungmin.

"Hey Kyu~" Sora smiled widely, "What's up?"

"Just wanted to talk, you know... Big stuff going on right now." I blushed awkwardly, ignoring the fact she didn't call me Oppa like she should.

"Yeah sure, come in." she let me through and I sat on the edge of her bed, wary of her new cat Mimi. "Mimi, say hi to Kyu." 

"Oppa. Kyu Oppa." I corrected her, with a smile. "Hello Mimi." I stuck my hand out, and just as I wanted, Mimi greeted me by smelling my hand.

The little kitten purred happily, as I her soft head, "She likes you."

"Who can't?" I winked. "I'm likeable."

"Conceited aren't you?"

"A bit." I admitted with a smile. 

"Yep, a bit."

 "Anyway, I wanted to ask..." the words formed a lump in my throat before I could say anything.

"You wanted to ask..?"

"If, we, I mean you and I..." the words were clumped in my throat. 

"Continue please." Sora tilted her head in a clueless yet adorable and pretty manner.

"Well, can I get a pen and paper?"

"Yeah sure."

"Thanks." I mumbled, quickly writing the words down on the paper. "Here you go." I held it up, feeling my cheeks darken.

"Are we friends?" she read it slowly. "Aww Kyu~" she cooed, hugging me tightly. "Yes we are!" she laughed.

I found myself smiling widely, hugging her back. 

"And you know what?" she asked, as we released each other.

"What?" 

"You're going to be my protector from now on, for as long as this friendship lasts."

"Yes I will." I promised, hugging her once more.


Enjoy this? Fluffy enough for you? If it is, tell me. 

Comment or else I will break the friendship that just formed!

HudaCheesecake x