11 > Brown Teddy Bear

Before The Dawn, Goodbye Baby

-Author’s POV-

 

Jia and Myungsoo bought the ice-creams and sat on a bench. They were eating, trying to ignore the embarrassing silence between them. After they finished, they looked at the sky. “Where do you want to go next?” Myungsoo asked Jia not turning his gaze at her.

 

“We already ride all of it.. except.. the ferriswheel.” Jia answered looking around.

 

They walked side by side. “Bear, come down here. Please don’t stay there.” Jia heard a small voice behind a tree they passed by. Myungsoo heard it too. They turned around the tree and saw a little girl wearing a red dress jumping on her feet lightly, hands reaching out.

 

“Hello, little girl. What’s wrong?” Jia came slowly towards her.

 

“Mr. Bear won’t come down.” She pointed upwards. Jia and Myungsoo followed her gaze. A brown teddy bear was stuck. “I was playing with him when I accidentally threw him too high.” The girl sobbed. Without a second thought, Jia climbed up the tree.

 

-Jia’s POV-

 

I don’t know. I just started climbing the tree. I had the feeling that I wanted to get the teddy for the little girl. “Yah! What’re you doing?!” I could hear Myungsoo’s voice asking loudly. Does he have to ask? “Be careful.” I could hear Myungsoo mumbled making me chukled. He’s worrying about me.I stepped branch after branch to get closer to the teddy. Fortunate that I wore pants and not skirts. I stretched my arm to reach the teddy. It was at the edge of a branch.

 

“Bear, please go to Ms. Climber. She wants to save you.” The girl clasped her hands, looking worried. Almost got it. I stretched out my arms as further as I can. As soon as I managed to grab the teddy’s paw, I felt my foot slipped. It happened fast enough that all I could hear was the word, “Ms.Climber!!”

 

TO BE CONTINUED………