Jieun's Past

Mission: Capture his heart!

(The picture above is Jieun before her change) 

Sungmi POV:

*I have a bad feeling about today…..* I thought; whenever I get a bad feeling, that’s not good. I patted Gayoon on the back, she turned around.

“I have a bad feeling.” Her eyes widened. *Uh-oh.* Gayoon thought. We heard giggling and we looked at the door. Jieun walked in with Daehyun linking arms. My jaw dropped to the floor. My heart started cringing at this sight. *What’s wrong with me?* Jongup looked at his friend with disgust. *Hyung… WTF is wrong with you? I thought you liked Sungmi!* Jongup thought. Gayoon gave him a horrid look. She thought Daehyun was cool, until this happened. Daehyun sat in his seat and Jieun walked back to hers. I was at a loss for words. I didn’t want to look at him, talk to him, or even think about him. But it was too late. It was soon time for lunch; I rushed out and avoided eye contact with him.

I didn’t dear to lift my head up while walking. I was scared to look into his eyes. I felt suddenly felt a huge impact and fell back. I realized I bumped into someone. I looked up and saw Himchan. I sighed in relief.

I got up and gave him a hand. He took it and got up. He dusted off his clothes and gave me a small smile. *Why do you look so vulnerable? I wish I could protect you.* Himchan thought.

“A-are you okay?” He asked. I looked up into his eyes and nodded.

“You don’t look okay.” He said. I put on a small smile.

“I’m fine.” I said.

“C’mon. I’ll make you feel better.” He said. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to the back of the school. I saw my favorite tree, which we were headed for. He sat down at the roots and pulled me down.

“Tell me~ What’s wrong?” He asked again. I shook my head.

“It’s really nothing.” I said. “It’s stupid.” He softened at me.

“You could trust me.” He said. I felt like I could trust him with anything right now, but I just couldn’t find the words to explain why I was feeling like this.

“Honestly, I don’t know.” I said honestly. He looked at me confused.

“Is there anything bothering you?” I shrugged. “Can I ask you something?” I nodded. “What’s your story with Jieun? Why are you guys enemies?” He asked. I sighed and started the story.

[Flashback to when Sungmi & Jieun were 8th graders]

I found Jieun crying in the bathroom alone. “Jieun?” I said. She looked up and formed a small smile. I sat down next to her.

“What’s wrong?”

“B-B-Baro broke up with me. H-He said I was boring to be with.” She said in between sniffles. My blood boiled at the sound of his name. Jieun has been in love with that guy for over 2 years. When she finally confessed, he accepted her. This is about the 10th time he made her cry in the relationship. They’ve been going out for 2 months.

“I told you before, that guy is not the same guy from before.” Jieun’s tears continued to come down on her face.

“You don’t know him like I do!” She snapped. I was taken aback. She never yelled at me.

“Jieun, I’ve been here for you since day 1. You’re like my sister. I want to protect you from jerks like him. I told you, you’re way better than him.”

“You just don’t know him.” She said.

“People have reputations for a reason. It might be true and it might not be.” I said. I know I don’t know Baro as well as Jieun but, I know enough to say he’s not the right guy for Jieun.

“I’ll prove it to you Jieun.” I said. She grabbed my wrist and pulled me harshly.

“If you do anything to him, I will kill you.” She said coldly. I scoffed and pulled my hand back from her.

“Your defending the guy who broke your heart? Over your best friend?”

She stood. “At least, he was there for me when I needed to cry. I could talk to him about it and there will be a solution. Our friendship is over.” She said and walked out of the bathroom.

I ran after her. “He’s the one who made you cry!” I yelled. *BAM!* She slapped me. A crowd formed around us. Tears started forming in my eyes.

“Don’t talk to back to me. I hate you.” She said and walked away. I held my cheek and it slightly stung in my hand. One of the  popular girls walked over to me.

“Sungmi?” She said.

“Yes?” I said. She helped me up.

“I’m Sohyun. Are you alright?” She asked. I nodded. She put her hand on my cheek. I winced in pain and she quickly pulled away.  

“Mianhae!” I smiled at her.

“It’s okay.” I said. She started introducing me to her friends. We started hanging out and I became part of the group. Jieun changed drastically. She became cold to everyone except Baro and his friends. Soon, I became one of the popular kids. I became best friends with Teen Top specifically L.Joe.

“Hey Sungmi~” L.Joe sang teasingly.

“What?” I said.

“I found out someone likes you.” He said and giggled to himself.

“Who….?” I asked.

“Baro~~~” He said. My eyes widened. I haven’t heard that name ever since me and Jieun’s fight.

“Seriously?” I said. He nodded proudly. My expression changed of how I remembered his broke my friendship with Jieun. My fist bawled out and my knuckles turned white.

“You okay?” He asked and I nodded. “Is it the Jieun thing?” He asked and I nodded.

“I have a plan. A revenge plan.” He said. My ears perked up. At first I wasn’t a big fan of revenge but I thought of all the things he did to Jieun and me. I just wanted to prove to Jieun that he is his reputation.

 

(Day 1 of L.Joe’s plan)

I walked up the B1A4 (Baro’s crew).

“Hi Guys!” I said and eyesmiled. Baro smiled back while the rest of his friends try to hold back laughter.

“You guys okay?” I asked and they nodded.

“Sungmi~ Honestly, who is the best looking here?” Baro asked. I looke around and pointed at in my opinion the cutest guy here.

His eyes widened and he jumped in happiness. “Sandeul’s our new visual!” Jinyoung said jokingly. Baro’s face fell.

‘Baro likes y and shy girls.’ I remembered L.Joe say. I whisphered into Baro’s ear.

“It’s okay you’re the iest.” I said to him making his face turn red. I mentally vomited.

“Hey Sungmi, do you wanna go out?” Jieun was walking towards B1A4, seeing what I was doing here. *That was fast.* I thought.

*What is she doing here?* Jieun thought and gritted her teeth.

“Sure! I’d love too!” I said. I pecked his cheek and walked towards my friends. When I got there I glared at L.joe.

“I hate your plan.” I said to him. He playfully smiled.

“I pecked his cheek! I will make you do it!” I said, jokingly. He laughed.

After a couple dates with Baro, he was about to ask me to officially be his girlfriend. But, he just found out that he was going to move away. When he told me I was slightly sad, hanging out with him was fun. But I didn’t like him. One day, he went to the bathroom and forgot his phone while we were doing homework. He got a message and I peeked at his phone, curiously.  It was from Jinyoung it said, ‘Dude, Jieun is crying her eyes out. I still can’t believe you used her to get to Sungmi. That’s low dude. CNU told me everything. I know you like Sungmi a lot but, that wasn’t it. She’s liked you for 2 years!!!’ My eyes widened. *WHAT?* I heard footsteps and casually put the phone back. He opened his phone and read the text. His eyes widened at me. He looked at me then the phone. He quickly put the phone away and continued studying with me. *It’s true.*

“Baro? Why exactly did you go out with Jieun?” I asked. When Jinyoung got no reply, he got irritated and brought Jieun to the library, where we were doing homework.

“Well, I liked her back then. But I met you. Let’s say, you’re the reason I broke up with her.” He said. *Cut the crap* I thought.

“Baro, I read your text.” His eyes widened. I got up and packed my things.

“I’m not going to date someone who used my best friend to get to me.” I said. *Finally, threw with him.* I thought.

“No. Sungmi!” He grabbed my wrist. This was when Jieun and Jinyoung arrived at the library. Me and Baro didn’t notice their presence.

“Sungmi, I’ve liked you since day 1. The day where I saw you cluelessly walk around the halls searching for your classroom. When I saw an opportunity to get close to you, I took advantage of it. I didn’t know Jieun loved me! But, I don’t love her! I love you!”

Jieun couldn’t believe her eyes. Her first love just confessed to her ex- best friend in front of her.

“I’m sorry, I don’t feel the same way. You’re just a jerk. You cheated on Jieun with 4 girls! She was my best friend. And because of you I lost her.” I walked away holding the tears in my eyes.  

Narrator POV:

Jieun was angry. She was angry at Baro for hurting her, cheating on her, and using to get to Sungmi. But she was angry at Sungmi for playing him, and hurting him. She still loved Baro but that day, she decided to get revenge on Sungmi. B1A4 moved away and they graduated middle school and went into high school.

She found out there is a thing a school known as the ‘heart-warmers’. She entered the first year. She came in 2nd place. That’s the highest rank and freshman ever won. Sungmi grew extra popular. Jieun found ‘heart-warming’ interesting. In sophomore year, they both tried out. Sungmi won and Jieun ended up with last place. Now in junior year, no dares challenges Sungmi at her game; no one except Jieun.

Author's Note:

I'm soooo sorry for not being able to update lately. I'm current on Vacation in Arizona. It's hot here! (i'm so hot! - Wonder Girls) I'll try to update as much as I can! (; Thanks for putting up with me! Saranghaeyo! <333333333333