Step by step

The Life Of A Loner [HIATUS]

 

Your POV:

“Mi Young-ah~ Saranghanda”  “Oppa, Stop it. It’s embarrassing!” I yelled while hiding my face from Dae Woon and his camera. “Yah, you’re beautiful and the camera loves you!” he giggled. I scrunched my nose and poked my tongue out. “You shouldn’t do that, if the wind changes your face will stay that way forever” he laughed sarcastically. I rolled my eyes. “I stopped believing that when I was 9” He burst out laughing nearly dropping the camera. “Yah, you’re so mean” I pouted while crossing my arms over my chest. He came closer to me and shoved the camera in my face [not literally]. “Mi Young-ah, Mi Young-ah~ stop ignoring me!” 

I looked at Dae Woon confused his voice sounded like Himchans. In fact his hair started turning blonde and his chubby cheeks disappeared. My vision started off blurry as I slowly opened my eyes to find myself being woken up again. I rolled onto my stomach and held my pillow over my head. “Leave me alone~” I moaned. “Yah, you have to get ready for school! I placed all your clothes on your dresser again, now get up!”

He yanked the blankets off of my body and dragged me off of the soft mattress. He threw me over his shoulder and I pounded his back with my fists. “Yah put me down!” I screamed I hit him harder but it must of felt like a pillow to him. He finally put me on my own two feet in front of my bathroom door. “Wash up; then get ready. I’m leaving early to meet up with the guys” I poked my tongue at him as he walked down the stairs. He was half way down when he turned around. “Oh and this time don’t get told of in home room!” he winked; then ran down the rest of the stairs.

I waited until the door slammed shut before having my daily morning shower and getting dressed for school. I looked in my mirror and admired the outfit oppa picked out for me today. It was plain blue jeans with a white long sleeved top with black stripes on it. It was a simple outfit but I liked it a lot. I tied my hair in another messy bun and grabbed my glasses, instead of my contacts. I grabbed the books I needed for the day and headed off to school.
As I walked past the local shops

I walked past my manager “Annyeong sanbaenim” I bowed. “Annyeong Mi Young-ah, don’t forget you have work later” She smiled I nodded and kept walking. I stopped off at a café and ordered a coffee. As I waited my brother and his friends walked in. I sat on a stool near the counter and grabbed the daily newspaper to hide my face. I heard them chuckling and then they all ordered a coffee. “Here’s your coffee ma’am” the waitress placed the drink on the bench. I folded the paper and handed the girl the money.

“Kamsamnida” I bowed before rushing out the shop. “Wait your change!” she yelled. I sighed. I walked back and grabbed my change. “Why are you in such a rush?” I looked to my right and saw Yong Guk with his gummy smile looking at me. I rolled my eyes and turned to walk out accidently bumping into someone. I bowed repeatedly “Mianhae”. I looked up at him and I was shocked to see that Young Jae guy. I examined his face; he had the same chubby cheeks as…I stopped myself there before I burst into tears. “Mianhae” I bowed once more before rushing out of the café.

As I walked the rest of the way to school I took small sips of my coffee. I saw the big iron gates ahead and the school sign. There were hundreds of kids walking into the building and a lot just stuck around to chat with friends before class. As I got closer I saw Nicole with KARA. She smiled at me again but I just kept walking. It kind of felt like a routine now, she would smile at me and I would ignore it.
As I walked into the empty classroom the bell rang. I quickly finished my coffee and chucked it into the bin before taking my seat and watching everyone rush in like a stampede.  I got out my books and began to draw doodles on the back page.

“You forgot this” said a deep but sincere voice. I looked up to see YoungJae holding out my phone. I touched my pocket. “Oh thank you I never even noticed I had dropped it” I took it from him and he continued to stand there. “You were Dae Woon-ah’s girlfriend” I looked up at him in shock. “Y-you knew him?” he nodded slowly. “He talked about you a lot, I remember seeing you two together a few times but I only ever talked to you once” I traced back to the memory of meeting DaeWoons friends. “how did you know it was me though?.” I nervously laughed. "I saw you screensaver" I unlocked my phone and saw the picture of Dae Woon and I. "Oh" was all i could say.

 “Ne, I’m sorry for your loss.” He bowed and then took his seat. I watched him leave and then my gaze landed on Himchan, he had been watching us the whole time. I smiled at him reassuringly. He nodded once then looked at the front of the room. “Annyeong class” we all stood and then bowed. “Annyeong Haseyo Sangsaenim” we sang in unison. We took our seats and copied what he wrote on the board.
Lunch came quickly I made my way to my usual seat in the cafeteria.

I pulled out my lunch and placed my bag on the ground next to me. When I looked forward to my surprise someone was staring at me. I looked up to their face and noticed it was JunMi.  “Do you mind if I sit with you?” I shook my head and she quietly sat on the bench. There was a bit of an awkward silence as we both silently enjoyed our lunches. “I like your glasses.” I looked at her and smiled, she smiled back and it made me feel warm inside. Like she understood me even though she doesn’t know anything about me; “Kamsamnida, I like your style”.

After that things got less awkward and we started to talk.
Time went by fast and JunMi and I were so lost in our conversation we nearly didn’t hear the bell ring. “Are you busy after school?” she asked as we walked down the busy corridors. “Ne I have to work.”  I said apologetically. “Do you mind if I tag along, you don’t have to say yes, I mean I understand” she pouted innocently. I patted her shoulder. “Of course you can babo.” She smiled happily then we both went our separate ways. As I was walking to my last class I accidently bumped into someone again. Both of our bags dropped to the floor. As I bent down to pick up my bag the person I bumped into handed it to me. “Mianhae, I didn’t see y-“I cut off my apology when I saw who it was.

“Oh, it’s you” I dusted some imaginary dirt off of my bag and looked up at the tall blonde whose name is Yong Guk. “It’s great to see you too” he chuckled sarcastically. I rolled my eyes the tried to push past him. But he grabbed my arm, and turned my body to face him. “I heard you work at the local ice cream pallor” he smirked, I looked at him confused. “Are you stalking me or something?” He burst out laughing and shook his head furiously. “Young Jae told me, he said that his friend always talked about you” My body tensed. ‘Why would he be telling people stuff like that?’ I thought to myself. “Annyeong~ Earth to Mi Young” I was cut off from my thought by Yong Guk waving his hand in front of my face. “I better get to class, sorry again for bumping into you” I quickly walked off to my class. I sat in my usual seat and just dazed off out the window.

“Annyeong unnie” I heard JunMi yell from the front gate. She waved at me with a smile on her face, I walked up to her. “Shall we go?” she nodded eagerly, I laughed at her enthusiasm. “Am I allowed to call you unnie?” I looked at her and chuckled. “Well I am older than you”. We both laughed. As we were reached the pallor I noticed it wasn’t that full, I let out a sigh of relief and pushed open the door. “Annyeong Mi Young-ah” “Annyeong Yuri unnie” I smiled as I walked into the back room. I grabbed my apron and tied it around my waist. “Do you mind holding onto my bag?” I asked JunMi while walking back into the main room. She shook her head and took a seat on a stool at the front bench. At that very moment BAP walked through the door. My expression dropped and JunMi looked over her shoulder. She looked back at me and whispered. “Do you not like them?”

I shook my head. She took another quick glance at them as they sat down. “The tall one is kind of cute” she innocently admitted. I rolled my eyes then began wiping down the bench. “Why don’t you like them unnie?” I smiled at her, “It’s not that I don’t like them, It’s just I don’t really want them to be here” I sighed knowing she wouldn’t understand. “Oh I understand unnie” I chuckled to myself at my bad assuming. “Excuse me can I have 4 chocolate scoops and 2 vanilla?” I began writing down his order. “Hey, I know you! You’re the girl Yong Guk hyung always talks about! I’m Jong Up” I looked up and smiled at him. “It’s nice to meet you” I told him the price and he handed me the money. “Oh hey JunMi” He said before walking back to his table.

“You know him?” I asked JunMi while leaning on the bench. She nodded. “Ne we’re in the same home room class.” I looked at their table and my eye caught Himchans’, he was looking at us. “Order up” Yuri yelled from the kitchen. I grabbed the 6 ice creams and swiftly moved past the tables and people and made my way to the back table. “4 chocolate and 2 vanilla” I repeated their orders. I placed the ice creams on the table and they all reached out for their own. “So you come here often?” Yong Guk cocked his eyebrow and smirked. “No, I just go around taking people’s orders and wear this apron for fun…Babo” I scoffed then walked back to JunMi. I heard BAPs table burst into laughter at their leaders fail attempt of a pick u line.

“What did he say?” JunMi asked curiously as I placed a sundae in front of us with two spoons. “He said a bad pick up line” I chuckled while handing her a spoon and taking a scoop of ice cream. We both enjoyed the sundae even though I had to give and take orders it was a good day.
After work I bid good bye with JunMi and walked home slowly.

I walked along the water front and looked at the stars. ‘Why are you so fascinated by them?’ ‘Because their pretty’ ‘not as pretty as you’ A single tear ran down my cheek as I remembered Dae Woon’s words. “Saranghanda oppa” I whispered to the stars. I sped up my pace, and surprisingly I got home a lot quicker. As I walked into the warm home I heard loud murmurs coming from the lounge. I took off my jacket and hung up my bag, I let my hair out and went up to my room and changed my glasses to my contacts. I changed into my pyjama pants and a plain black singlet. I went back down stairs. As I was half way down the stairs I sat down hiding from my brother and BAP. I hugged my knees and kept quiet until they left. My brother slammed the door shut.

“Why were they here?” I asked surprising him. “Aish, when did you get here?” I laughed. “Do they know we're related?” He shook his head. I stood up and walked back up the stairs. “Are you going to bed?” I turned to Himchan and nodded my head “Goodnight oppa” I smiled at him while letting out a big yawn. “Sweet dreams Kimmi” I stopped at the sound of my old nickname. “No one’s called me that for a long time” I whispered. “Mianhae I-““No it fine, I like it” I cut Himchan off, I gave him an innocent smile and went to my room. I turned off the light and hopped into my bed. I snuggled into my duvet and closed my eyes. ‘Kimmi, Kimmi, Kimmi~’ the sound of Dae Woon saying my name played over and over again in my head as I dozed off. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you all like this chapter :) thank you for my new subscribers you guys are awesome!! I will hopefully update soon