Chapter 27

Just for Love

Kris POV

 

I still remember when I was a kid, I was often because of my tall height. People don't get intimidated by my height but they amke fun of it. Since I'm new to Korea, I'm not that fluent to speak their native language, so I just let those kids bully me.

 

One day, after my classes were over, a group of my classmates blocked my way and dragged me in a secluded alley, and they started to make fun of me again. They keep on threatening me and they asked for money that they will used on playing computer games. Because I'm so scared of them, I reached on my pocket, and when I was about to take my money out of my wallet, one angelic voice destructed all of us.

 

"Leeteuk oppa, what are you doing there? And why is that guy giving you money?"

 

I sensed the said guy stiffened on his place upon hearing the little girl's question.

 

"It's nothing Joohyun-ah, what are you doing in here alone, you're supposed to be at home" answered by Leeteuk

 

"Oppa, don't tell me you're bullying another guy, I thought you stopped doing this a long time ago, have you forgotten how scared Luhan-oppa when you did this stuff to him before, and now you're trying to scare a new one, I'm telling this to auntie again if you wouldn't let him go" the girl named joohyun started to lecture the leeteuk guy. he was about to retort to her when she spoke again...

 

"No oppa, no more excuses, if you wouldn't let him go, then I will" we were all curious on what she mean that time when suddenly a soft hands held mine and drag me away from that narrow alley. I was dumbfounded on the occurences of the events, and when I looked back to see the group that bullied me, they were also shocked on how the little girl acted. I was in my own deep thoughts while she's dragging me far from them.

 

At that time, I was really thankful to her, because if she didn't come, I swear I'll spend all my life giving in to those guys want and needs.But looking at the little girl dragging me, I was curious on what was her relationship to Leeteuk, it seems that this girl is important to him since she had that effect that made Leeteuk become small all of a sudden.

 

Because I was so engrossed on talking to myself inside my mind, I didn;t noticed that we were inside now of an ice-cream shop. I looked around and when I saw her face, she smiled at me. A smile that made my heart beat faster. How can this little girl have such an effect on me???

 

"Excuse me, are you alright???"

 

No response...

 

"Hey" she keeps on tugging my arm until I was back in reality

 

"I'm sorry, what were you saying?"

 

"You're funny, anyways, can you treat me some ice-cream, I forgot my money in our house, don't worry, I'm not a bully like my cousin, and I'm the one one who will say sorry in behalf of him and his friends. by the way, my name is Seo Joohyun, but you can call me Seohyun, what's your name?"

 

She talked fast but I was able to catch on everything that she said. So she was Leeteuk's cousin, I wonder how come they have different personalities???

 

I was deep again in my thought when she tugged again my arm.

 

"are you okay, mister? You look lost, is it because you really got scared with my cousin, tsk tsk, that brat, he'll get it to me later when i come home" I smiled unknowingly on her facial expression with that evil glare sent to no one, and with her pout, I can't help but admire her. She looks fragile and innocnet but don't be deceived by her looks since she's a one fierce girl.

 

"Hey, are you okay now, I'm asking you, what's your name, but if you don't want to tell me, it's fine with me, just be me my favorite ice cream for now, please???" she starts to plead me with those round sparkling eyes, how can I say NO to a girl like her.

 

"okay, what do you like? and I'm Wu Yifan, I don't know whose older but I'm guessing I am" I answered her after being mesmerized by her beautiful eyes

 

"ooooohhhh, I'm 10 years old, and I want Strawberry"

 

"so that makes me older than you by 1 year" and we fall in line to buy her ice cream. I don;t know why but I feel comfortable with her, it's like we've known each other since before.

 

"YEY! So can I call you Oppa??? Yifan oppa???" she asked me and I nodded

 

Starting that day, we became closer and we always got to school together, Leeteuk and his friends also stopped bullying me, thanks to Seohyun. As weeks passed, I started to harbor some feelings to her, but I can't say it to her since we were still so young and I don't want to break our friendship. Then one bad news came to me. My father was transferred to their company in Canada and he wanted our family to move together with him. I wanted to protest but this is an inportant turning point for my father for his promotion so I just agreed. When I finished packing my things, I texted Seohyun to meet me at the ice-cream shop we first became friends.

 

I was the first to arrive that time, so I took my sit on our usual place, near the window since she loves admiring the people walking passed the shop. I also orders her favorite, strawberry ice cream, few minutes, I heard the door bell ring and I instinctively looked at the door and saw the girl who captured my heart. She looks lovely wearing that floral dress and she just let her hair down with some lipgloss. She looks lovely and glowing...

 

"Yifan-oppa, why the sudden call? WOW! my favorite, is this for me?" she asked with those sparkling round eyes begging me to say yes, so i nod in agreement.

 

"Thanks oppa, but why did you call me up here, is there something wrong?"

 

"Let's just eat for now, I'm gonna tell you after"

 

So we finished our ice cream and I led her to the nearest park. We both sat on the swing, then I started to tell her the purpose of my sudden call.

 

"Seohyun-ah, oppa will leave you" at first she looked at me confused, and asked

 

"are you going on vacation, oppa?"

 

I shake my head no...

 

"Then where are you going?" she asked me as I sensed the shakiness of her voice when she asked me

 

"I'm going to Canada with my family, I don't know when will I return. My dad got transferred their by thier company and he wants us to move with him. I really wanted to stay, but I don't want to disappoint my father. I'm sorry Seohyun" I just bowed my head as tears flowed down my face. I keep on crying until I felt a sonft touch wiped my tears from my face

 

"You're like a baby oppa, I'm the one supposed to cry not you, well, we can't help it, right. Just promise me, you won't forget me, and I'll be waiting for your comeback" she suddenly flashed a wide smile that took my breath away. Without thinking, I kissed her forehead and when I saw her face, she was shocked with my action and she's blushing, totally blushing...

 

"what was that for oppa?"

 

"Just a goodbye kiss" I smiled cheekily at her and she returned the smile

 

"When is your flight?"

 

"Tonight"

 

"That fast, how will I send you off, my parents won't allow me" she suddenly pouted which I find very cute so I suddenly pinched her chubby cheeks

 

"OUCH! OPPA!"

 

I laughed at her reaction and stared at her.

 

"You don't have to send me off, I might cry again and I might not be able to leave you if I'll be seeing you at the airport"

 

I was thinking if I should confess my feelings to her, but I wasn't brave enough so I just let the time pass by. That's how I spend my remaining time with Seohyun before I left her.

 

And after 9 years of staying in Canada, my parents gave me permission to return to Korea. I wan more excited since I'll be seeing Seohyun again. Upon arriving at the airport, I asked for my dad's secreatry to find a girl, and enrolled me on the same school as her.

 

When the first day came, I was all smile on my way to Seohyun's school and when I saw her, I was awe-strucked on how gorgeous and beautiful she become. But she doesn't seem to recognize me since I used my english name when she asked for my name. I wanted to surprise her, but I was the one who got surprised when she said she already had a boyfriend.

 

So I told myself, I will do everything just to get my Seohyun back ...