Chapter 14: Selfish

Just for Love

donghae went to a bar after leaving seohyun and kyuhyun in the university. he wanted to drown himself with alcohol to lessen the pain he's feeling. after a few drinks, his cellphone rang and sa kyuhyun was calling.

"hello"

"donghae, where are you?"

"i'm at the bar near our school, why?"

"wait for me there, i'll be there in 5 minutes."

"no, it's ---," donghae said but kyuhyun cut the call.

he waited for his friend to come while he still continued to drink.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-yuri, where are you? are you home? can we talk?

-hey yuri, are you mad at me?

seohyun kept on texting yuri but she didn't receive a single reply from her, so she started to call her. it took a while before someone answered her phone.

"hello yuri"

"ahm... hello"

she was shocked when she heard a man's voice.

"who is this? why is it your answering yuri's phone?"

"oh, im sorry mam, but your friend is really drunk. i keep asking her where she lives but she's sleeping deeply."

"oh, okay, i'll be there. i'll be the one to get her. what is the name of your bar?"

when seohyun got the name of the bar, she quickly grabbed her jacket and bag and leaved their house immediately.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kyuhyun saw his friend drinking alone so he went straight to where donghae is.

"lee donghae, save some for me."

"you'll drink too? i think you shouldn't. seohyun might get mad at me and think that i forced you to drink."

"don't worry, she's the one who told me to follow you because she's worried about you."

"she's worried about me? maybe i'm the one she really like, not you."

"oh shut up! well i know this is hard for you, but this is hard for me too, seeing you like this. i miss my friend donghae who always fool around and doesn't have any care in the world."

"don't worry too much kyu, i'm not numb not to feel any pain. it's a bit hard for me right now to accept the reality, but i know time will come and i'll be alright. but i promise you, i'm not planning on breaking up the two of you, unless you'll hurt her."

"you know what donghae, i was really unsure if i should tell seohyun my true feelings for her, because i know that you really like her. it was the first time i saw you to be serious about a girl. i hope you'll forgive me for what i did.  whenever i see seohyun laughing because of you, i felt that i don't have anything to compete with you. you make her laugh without trying. i thought i can accept it easily if ever she'll be you girlfriend. but on the day i heard you confessed to seohyun, i really felt that i sghould tell her the truth."

"if you knew that i'll get hurt, why did you still do it?... hahaha, no, i'm just joking. you know what kyu, i can't get mad at you because the decision was on seohyun, not from the both of us. she really loves you and that's your edge in this competition. do you think i will be happy if i know that she's in love with someone else? and as a real man, i should learn how to accept. you're my friend and wherever you're happy, i'm fine with it. i'll support you all the way."

"thanks donghae, i think we need a drink for that."

"CHEERS!"

then kyu's phone ring. she received a text message from seohyun.

"donghae, come with me, seohyun just texted me. she said yuri was so drunk and she's on her way to the bar where yuri is."

so the two boys left the bar and followed seohyun.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

seohyun arrived at the bar and looked for her friend. she saw her sleeping on the table alone.

"excuse me mam, are you her friend?" the waiter asked.

"yes, how long was she drinking here?" seohyun said

"since this afternoon."

"really? okay, thank you for your help."

"do you need any assistance?"

"no. i'll just wait for my friends, they'll be here soon."

"okay mam."

seohyun sat on the chair beside yuri. she's trying to wake her friend up but she was so drunk. she can smell alcohol all over her body.

"yuri, why did you do this? you know that you're not a heavy drinker. what if someone saw you and did something wrong on you?" seohyun said.

slowly, yuri gained consciousness and saw seohyun beside her.

"what are you soing here!" yuri shouted

"i was texting and calling you all day but you're not responding, then the bartender answered your phone and told me you're here." seohyun said.

"leave! i don't want to see your face traitor!"

"yuri stop. you're drunk."

"i said leave! you just lost your friend at this very moment. how could you do this to me? you know that i like kyuhyun but you still agreed to be her girlfriend. why? because you're trying to make me jealous?"

"no, why would i do that to you? is it hard for you to be happy for me? all this time, i always give up the things i want just to make you happy. so now, why is it so hard for you to be happy for me?"

yuri was silent as seohyun started to cry. she want to hug her friend but she gets mad whenever she remembers about her friend's relationship with kyuhyun.

"but why of all guys, why does it have to be kyuhyun? you know donghae loves you, why you didn't chose him?"

"do you think donghae will be happy if i agreed to be his girlfriend if i know i'm in love with his friend?"

"so what! at least you wouldn't hurt your friend. you wouldn't hurt me!"

"stop! why are you like that. you always think about yourself. you don't care if other people will get hurt on your words and actions. you're so selfish!"

yhen yuri slapped seohyun. she was shocked on what she did to her friend, so as seohyun.

then kyu grabbed seohyun and hugged her. donghae hold yuri's hand and sat her on the chair.

"are you okay seohyun?" kyuhyun asked.

seohyun was still shocked on what happened and ran away. kyu grabbed her bag and jacket and followed her out.

"kyu! wait!" yuri shouted but kyu didn't stop himself from running.

"what's the matter with you! why did you hurt seohyun? how could you! you're her bestfriend and because of a guy, you slapped her? what kind of a friend are you?" donghae said.

"stop acting mr. nice guy. you're also a victim in this stupid situation. i mean they know our feelings yet they still agreed to be together." yuri said

"can you hear yourself? shame on you!"

"why? don't tell me you're just fooling around seohyun."

"no i'm not. i do really love her, but i know that my friend really love her so i agreed to their relationship. at least i know i'm a true friend. and even if i'm hurt, i still want my friend to be happy."

"what! are you insane? you'll just gonna let them get away with this?"

"why shouldn't i? i do not own seohyun so i should respect her decision."

"i feel bad for you, you're so nice for your own good."

"i don't want to talk to you anymore. go home by yourself. i really don't understand why she became your bestfriend, the fact that the two of you were complete opposites. take care of yourself."

donghae left yuri alone on the bar. she can't believe that no one is siding on her, even donghae. she feels so alone, now that she ended her friendship with seohyun and kyu was mad at her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"seohyun! seohyun!" kyu shouted.

seohyun just continued to walk while crying, then someone grabbed her arm. it was kyuhyun.

"stop crying, you don't deserve a friend like yuri. a true friend will never try to hurt you." kyu said.

"but i know that she's just mad at me that's why she did that." seohyun said.

"hey, don't protect her, me and donghae saw everything, starting tomorrow, you sit beside me and don't hang out with yuri for the mean time."

"but --"

"no more but's, that's final."

"okay, i'm sorry for making you worry."

"that's okay, i'll take you home now."

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry for the late update... a lot of school work to accomplish this semester...