Jo Kwangmin

An Ex-Gangster And a Cute Geek

---------------------------------

Soon after, the bell rang as students piled into the cafeteria since it was lunch time.

The sight of the cafeteria was indescribable. It was as if the students were the kings and queens of this school. Various types of foods lined up on the long, endless velvet table.

“Wow, this is freaking royal-ish…” You murmured quietly and stole a glance at the buffet.

Your stomach let out a low growl as you rubbed it. You shifted your gaze back to the tempting food.

“Too bad, tummy. I don’t feel like eating today,” You said and your heel, strutting back to the class.

You slid open the door and found the previous boy sitting in his seat.

“This kid is kinda weird. Man…” Your eyebrows pinched together.

Pulling out random chair, you sat on it and faced him.

Still, he didn’t bother looking up, instead, jotting down the notes.

“Hey, um…hi?” You put your hand up, attempting to make a friendly vibe but ended up being an awkward greeting.

“…hi,” He flatly said, not even making an eye-contact with you.

“Hey, what’s your name?” You asked, trying to be friendly.

“Jo Kwangmin,” He responded.

You nodded slowly, “Okayyyy…?”

To make it more awkward, he didn’t respond anymore.

“Okay...bye.” You stood up and randomly pushed the chair to the back of the classroom, not wanting the conversation go worse than it already was.

You could see him slightly flinch in the corner of your eyes. A small smirk crept up upon your face as you exited the class, “See ya…”

*Well, that was incredibly awkward…*

---------------------------------

You felt something vibrate in the pocket of your navy blue blazer. You slipped your hand in it and noticed that it was actually your phone.

Quickly, you took it out and answered the caller, “Who’s it?”

“Next time, you should look at the caller ID before answering it.” The person advised.

“Oh, mom. What a surprise.” You sarcastically said, “What is it?”

“Did you make friends?” She questioned as you raised one of your brows, “Friends?”

“Yes, friends, honey.” She repeated in a straight tone.

“You didn’t say anything about that. Besides, I don’t feel like making any,” You shoved your other free hand into the pocket of the blazer.

“I suggest you should do it fast or I’m taking the apartment back,” She noted as you widened your eyes as big as they could, “This isn’t a part of the deal!”

“And now it is. Now, chop chop. I want you to make at least one or two friends there or no more living alone, got it?” She demanded with a strict voice.

“Yeah, sure, I do that.” You cut off the connection shortly after.

Scoffing, you walked aimlessly towards anywhere that could release your tension.

“Why would she want to do that? Make friends? Don’t have one but I have many back in Busan,” By the word Busan, you heaved out a sigh, “Never knew I’d miss those guys.”

You glanced at your phone.

You opened the contact list, only to find few names you’ve saved.

Actually, your mom cut off all of your connection between them and bought you a brand new phone, just in case you’d call them and run off back to Busan.

And it was pretty much your fault that you didn’t even bother remembering their numbers.

You find it inconvenient to memorize their numbers and you were too lazy to do that too.

Brushing those thoughts off, you returned to the class, thinking over about the deal you’d just made with your mother.

“Make friends, huh? Guess I gotta go find one or no more apartment…”

---------------------------------