Graduation Day

An Ex-Gangster And a Cute Geek

--------------------------------

Today was a big day for all of the seniors of Busan Middle School. All the seniors were busy preparing for the ceremony although there was one group that didn’t seem to be concerned about it.

Jaehyun scanned the surrounding carefully and sighed, “She’s not here.”

“Then, where is she?” Yooeun worriedly questioned and pouted.

“I knew it! We shouldn’t have let her follow that suspicious black guy!” Sangwoo smacked his fist in his palm.

“But guys, think about it. Today’s the graduation day so she should be attending, no?” Jaehyun rubbed his chin, almost as if he was a detective solving a mystery.

“Yeah, guess you’re right,” The others nodded in agreement.

--------------------------------

“Whew~ I guess I made it,” You sighed in relief as you caught a cab and told the driver to drop you off at your school.

*That old hag…I thought she’d let me attend the ceremony but it turns out to be the opposite.* You grumbled and changed your seating position.

--------------------------------

“Jinho, have you seen ~~~~~~?” Your mother asked when she saw Jinho walking down the hallway.

“I’m afraid not,” Jinho shook his head.

“That child…” She sighed heavily, “She must have found her way out.”

Jinho scanned her face carefully and slightly raised an eyebrow, “But why do you look so calm?”

She gave Jinho a knowing look along with her well-known smile, “You’ll see why…”

--------------------------------

Mrs. Nam walked down the big hallway until she reached certain door. It was sculpted very neatly and in a detailed way.

She twisted the doorknob and Elizabeth came into her sight. Apparently, she was busy rearranging the books in Nam’s Library.

“Liz, how did the training go? Has she improved?” Mrs. Nam spoke up, making her way towards a long table nearby.

Elizabeth gave her a glance and bitterly smiled, “Not really that well. Apparently, she hasn’t improved one bit.”

Ms. Nam sighed heavily, “This is a worst matter. We have to do something.”

The blonde woman stared at her with a puzzled look, “What other things you can do?”

“I already have something in mind. Carry on with your job, Liz. Sorry for disturbing you,” She exclaimed and exited the room.

“She doesn’t know how to give up. Stubborn as always. Like mother like daughter, perhaps.” Elizabeth hopelessly shook her head.

--------------------------------

Your eyes landed on the familiar school in front of you as soon as you made your way out of the cab.

You could see certain seniors busy arranging stuffs for this big event: Graduation Ceremony.

Letting out a deep sigh, you muttered quietly to yourself, “This is it. I’m graduating today and then I’ll become a high school student after this.”

Without wasting any time, you proceeded into the building for the last time.

*Where should I study afterwards?* You wondrously thought as you headed to the main hall.

Meanwhile, Jaehyun and the others were also heading to the main hall at the same time.

“Hey, after the ceremony ends, how about we hit the arcade?” Sang Woo recommended as the others cheered, obviously agreeing to what he said.

“Hey, Jaehyun, why are you spacing out?”

“I was wondering where ~~~~~~ wen—”

“OH! HI GUYS!”

“Whaa—”

“~~~~~~-AH!”

“Hey, wai—”

The rest of the members ran to you, completely forgetting about Jaehyun. Jaehyun shot them a glare although they could care less about it.

“Where have you been, huh?” Yoo Eun adorably pouted.

“Just some…business,” You shrugged nonchalantly.

“You idiots…” Jaehyun sighed, still remained on his previous spot. “Oh! Jaehyun-ah!” You waved happily.

Jaehyun rolled his eyes, “What—”

“COME HERE!”

“Hey, I didn’t—”

“Now, don’t be shy! Come here!”

“Argh…you pabo,” Jaehyun cursed, “I always lose when it comes to these idiots.”

“Jaehyun! Over here!” You shouted excitedly.

“I’m coming, I’m coming. Sheesh,” He sighed and let himself lose to you, dragging his feet heavily towards you.

“Where’ve you been, anyways?” He interrogated, glancing at you time by time.

“I told you, just some business. No more questioning, let’s head to the main hall,” You said and hurried them towards the destination.

They obliged and went inside with no hesitation. Once they were already inside, you stepped inside also but not before catching something in the corner of your eye.

Curiously, you turned around and met eyes with someone, “Um, yes?”

--------------------------------

The others searched for vacant seats as Jaehyun only watched them do their business.

He uninterestedly scanned the seniors that were waiting for their moment to graduate.

After a few moments, he noticed something in the corner of his eye. He looked at the entrance and furrowed his eyebrows upon the not-so-pleasant sight. *~~~~~~…?*

“Mrs. Nam is summoning you. She wants to have a talk,” Another bulky, mysterious man urged.

“Oh, great. What does she want?” You scoffed and rolled your eyes.

“I have some business with you, missy,” An unpleasing voice said.

“Mom?” Your eyeballs almost bugged out of your eye sockets upon seeing your mother.

“Yes, honey. This is your mom and you’re coming with me,” She sarcastically said and dragged you outside.

Now you knew where the sarcasm you got from.

She pushed you inside the limousine. You huffed and got up instantly, only to find the limo moving forward.

“Just where’re you taking me?! I need to graduate, mom!” You yelled.

“There’s no need. You’ve already graduated. And you, young lady, are going to move to another school. Not here…in Busan.” Your mom stated which made you widen your eyes in surprise.

“What?! Y-you mean transfer?!”

“Absolutely.”

“Seriously?!”

--------------------------------