The Deal

An Ex-Gangster And a Cute Geek

---------------------------------------

You were sprinting in the hallway of the school towards the classroom. Everyone glanced at you with a dumfounded look, conceiving why in the world you were running early in the morning.

When you already reached your haven, you found Nami hanging around in the corridor.

When she spotted you, she smiled and ran to you, “Morning, ~~~~~~!”

“Yeah, mornin’.” You replied briefly while your eyes glanced around the place.

Nami noticed your gaze and quickly questioned, “Searching for something?”

“Eh, nah. No, not really.”

“You sure?”

“Wait, actually, I wanna—err, never mind…”

“Come on, you can tell me!”

“Uh, by any chance…have you seen Jo Kwangmin?”

Nami’s grin was brushed off immediately. “What? Jo Kwangmin? But why?” She searched your face with a crease on her forehead.

“Err, there’s something I wanna say to him,” You rubbed the back of your neck with a meek smile.

“Oh. Okay then. If I’m not mistaken, he went somewhere…maybe the rooftop?” Nami answered dubiously.

“Kay, thanks.” You saluted her and sped off to the rooftop.

She stared at your running figure and let out a giggle, “So cute.”

---------------------------------------

“Jo Kwangmin!” The door burst open and Kwangmin got startled upon the sudden sound.

“Who—” He paused when his eyes laid on you.

“What do you want?” He asked as he stared at you with tiny drops of sweat forming on his forehead.

You perceived around before shifting your attention back to his face, “You saw it, didn’t you?”

“What do you mean?”

“Last night. You saw it, right?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Look here. I’m not playing around. I’m serious and I have a favor.”

You folded your arms like a boss would do, “Don’t tell anyone about it and it’s better if you forget about it, alright?”

“And what if I will?” He challenged boldly with a straight face. You weren’t sure whether he was serious or not but oh well, he asked for this.

“Trust me, you won’t like it.” You raised your eyebrow with a not-so-amused expression. *He looks fragile but I didn’t know his attitude was like this…*

“Hey, how about a deal?” You brought up an offer, to his surprise.

You had to keep his mouth shut no matter what. If you failed, you’re pretty sure your mom’s not gonna like it. Not even one bit.

“And the deal is?” The geek questioned, patiently waiting for your reply.

“You keep your mouth zipped, I’ll…do things you want me to do,” With an unsure look, you proffered absent-mindedly.

By the looks of it, it was clear that you were too desperate to keep this a secret that you even risked yourself to do a favor for him.

Basically, it’s not your style but damn that; you had to do all your mom says.

“I don’t need anything from you, truthfully.” He confessed ever so honestly.

*God, this kid. What should I do next?* You thoughtfully wondered, unconsciously biting on your thumb. It already became a habit.

To your relief, at that exact moment, you heard a loud giggle from somewhere nearby.

The two of you exchanged looks: puzzled look, actually.

Not long after that, your attention moved towards the railings.

You shuffled towards it and looked down, to find a group of girls giggling. Bingo. It was them.

“No wonder. Who’s that? I haven’t seen the chick before,” You nodded at a petite-looking girl that was exactly in the middle of the small group.

Kwangmin came over and took a peer.

Not long after that, he looked away. Sure, you’d ignore his face like always but something somehow caught your eyes.

You shifted your gaze back to him.

It was faint but you could still see them: those pink shades on both of his cheeks.

What’s that supposed to mean?

“Err…do you have a thing…towards her?” You guessed indecisively.

His eyes widened upon your remark as he went into panic mode, “W-what? I-it’s not like t-that! I-I…just…” He shook his head and soon trailed off, as if he was already lost inside his own world.

Wow, you’d never thought that such a wild guess could turn out to be true.

“You know what? I get it. I’ll help you hook up with her and you zip up your mouth, deal?” You gave him your well-known smirk.

“What? I didn’t ask you to do that!” He protested with a pair of furrowed eyebrows.

“Listen, Mr. Geek. I’ll be your cupid from now on. No need to decline. I know you like her, geeko~” You wiggled your index finger to him.

“Whaa…” His mouth slightly opened and soon a heavy sigh escaped his lips, “Fine…”

Judging by your looks, he knew he couldn’t do anything but just go along with the flow…just this once, for a while.

“Cool.” You grinned and extended your hand to him as he stared at it as if it was an odd object.

“Deal?”

He eyed you before shifting his gaze back to your hand and brought his hand towards it, giving it a light, good shake.

“Deal.”

---------------------------------------

Heyyo~ Comments are loved~ ^^ Sorry for the late update by the way~