When Things Are Out of Hand

An Ex-Gangster And a Cute Geek

------------------------------

The sound of the birds cheerfully chirping in the morning woke you up. Groggily, you got up and rubbed your half-closed eyes with your hand. With a big yawn, you ruffled your bed hair, still half asleep.

You scanned your room slowly, trying to adjust your eyesight. A soft sigh escaped your lips, “It’s been a year since I moved out.”

“I wonder how they’ve been doing.” You muttered to yourself as you slowly made your way toward the kitchen.

“It’s still early so I guess I’ll just watch some programs to kill some time.” You planned as you poured some milk into a glass, gulping it down afterward.

You headed to the lounge room and flopped down on the black leather couch. Time flew fast as you killed your time watching the news and other variety shows until the clock dinged.

Instantly, you turned to the direction of the wall clock.

 

7:50 a.m.

 

“What? It’s that late already?” You stared at the clock in disbelief. As fast as a lightning, you dashed to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

After a few minutes, you came out and slipped into your school uniform.

*I’m going to graduate soon. I’m sure gonna miss this uniform.* You smiled at the thought of it.

“Oh crap! I gotta go!” Grabbing all of the stuffs needed, you locked the door and ran to the school as fast as you could.

------------------------------

“~~~~~~-ah! You’re late!” Yoo Eun ran your way, arms wide open.

“I know. I shouldn’t have watch SpongeBob early in the morning.” You murmured with an irritated voice.

“You still watch that yellow sponge?” Sangwoo raised one of his eyebrows with an amused smile plastered on his face.

“So? What’s the big deal? I bet you’re still watching some kid shows too.” You gave him a confident smirk.

“Did not!” He denied with crossed arms.

“Oh yeah you did. I caught you the other day, remember?” Jaehyun appeared out of nowhere, slinging his arm on Sangwoo’s shoulder.

“What?! H-how did you know?!” Sangwoo shrieked with a surprised look.

You raised your brow.

“I-I mean…pfft! Are you kidding me, Jae? You must’ve seen the wrong person. I never watched those childish things. I mean, come on. I’m a man already.” Sangwoo laughed with his head held high, attempting to cover his secret that practically had been found out already.

“Whatever you say, Sangwoo. Guys, let’s go.” You said, leading the way as the head of the group.

“Sheesh! Guys! Believe me!” He jogged to you with a pout. “I’m not buying your pout so stop it.” You chuckled at his behavior.

Today felt as if it would be a lot more interesting for you.

Unfortunately, you weren’t aware of your surrounding. You didn’t even give a glance to it.

A guy in a black suit was technically watching your every move right from the start. When your group disappeared out of his sight, he flipped open his phone and expertly dialed a number.

After waiting for awhile, the person on the other line answered, “Hello?”

“Hello, Mrs. Nam. I have something to report to you.” He spoke up.

------------------------------

School session was over for today. Hundreds of students piled out of the massive building, ready to go home.

Right after settling all of your stuff in your locker, you came out and met up with the others.

“So, guys. Wanna swing by the café in the mall?” Sangwoo offered while stretching his arms up in the air.

“I’m in.” Chinho smiled his sunny smile. “Since I have nothing to do after school…might as well join you guys.” Jaehyun shrugged casually.

“~~~~~~-ah, are you coming too?” Yooeun asked, peering at you. “I guess.” You shrugged just like what Jaehyun did.

“It’s on then! To the café we go!” Sangwoo cheered and stepped forward.

Just as you were about to step outside of the school entrance, a guy in a black suit stood up in front of you.

Murmurs broke out.

Jaehyun suspiciously scrutinized the man while Chinho and Yooeun were staring at him, totally flabbergasted. Sangwoo was practically gaping at the guy. And the others were in...their usual selves.

“Excuse me. Who are you?” You questioned with an astonished look.

“There’s no need for you to know for now. You’re ~~~~~~, correct?” He simply ignored your question.

“Er…yeah. Do you need something?” You questioned some more.

“Actually, I’d like you to follow us.” He held out his hand. “To whe—” “You’ll know if you come with me.” He interrupted and pushed you lightly towards a limousine, not wanting to waste time.

“Hey!” Jaehyun called out, “Where are you taking her to?!”

“I’m afraid it’s none of your concern.” The man said. “Of course it is! She’s our friend!” Jaehyun exclaimed.

“It’s okay, guys. I’ll be back. Just go on without me.” You said, trying to ease their worry.

“But…” Yooeun trailed off with a small frown.

“Don’t worry. I’ll be fine.” You gave them a reassuring smile.

With that, you got into the black limo and soon gradually vanished from their sight.

“I have a bad feeling about this.” Jaehyun heavily exhaled. “Me too.” Yooeun pouted.

------------------------------

Heyyo, sorry for not updating, guys. The net's been down for these past few days....... =_='