Invitation

An Ex-Gangster And a Cute Geek

 

----------

“It’s been a long time since mom called. Somehow, it feels fishy,” you muttered to yourself, looking up at the clear vast sky.

As always, here you were, at the school rooftop, your favourite spot.

Apparently, a few weeks had passed without realizing it. You were no longer in touch with Kwangmin since his reborn. You did see him constantly at the corridor and during the class but no words were exchanged between the both of you excluding your brief conversation about school works.

You wondered why but…it did make sense though. Judging by the fact that the two of you created your bond through your ‘contract’. That’s all.

Then again, he seemed fine. You even saw him hanging out with his dream girl.

And thus, you chose to accept the fact that he no longer needed you even though, every now and then, the thought would strike inside your head.

How’d the two of you cut off your connection?

Aside from that, you’d become close with L.Joe within these past few weeks. You’d learnt that he was not that bad.

He could be a softie sometimes too. When it comes to girls though.

Moments passed as you were swallowed into your own thoughts. Gradually, your eyes became heavy as if you’d fall into a deep slumber in a second.

Reluctantly, you failed to do so right after a loud bang struck your eardrums. Your eyes popped open, turning wider than the normal ones.

A shuffling sound entered your ears this time and soon after, your vision caught Nami’s image.

“Had a great time here, ~~~~~~?” she beamed cutely. “You have no idea, Nami,” you responded in a tired voice.

“Yeah, I don’t. Look! I have something to show you!” she stooped down, pulling you up to at least set yourself in a sitting position.

“What? Flying monkeys?” you asked sarcastically. “Better than that,” she grinned, almost looking like a Cheshire cat.

“Singing koala?” you attempted again.

“No! Tickets to Lotte World!” she announced, waving the tickets in the air.

“Man, I thought it was a walking snake,” you shook your head, looking down.

“Aww, come on! It’ll be great! Let’s go together!” she enticed excitedly, hope glittering in her eyes. “Nah, no thanks…” you declined immediately.

“Hey! You ditched me once! So, why not accompany me this time?” she pouted, indicating a sign that she was ready to sulk.

Your eyebrows knitted together as you ruffled your hair, sighing, “Alright, fine.”

“It’s set then! Assa!” she pumped her fist in the air, “Now I have to find another two!”

“You bought a lot,” you stated, yawning lazily.

“Yeah, I won a prize actually.” She giggled, gazing at the tickets before shifting her attention to you, “Help me find another two? Please? Please?”

“Fine, little princess.”

“Yeah, I have royal blood running through my veins, you know.”

“I don’t need your crap, Nami.”

“Okay~ I’m just kidding~”

----------

“I wonder who I should give these to,” Nami mumbled. You peered at her and began to contemplate about it.

It didn’t take you long though since Nami snapped you out of your thoughts with her unusual high-pitched voice.

“Aha! I know who!”

You rubbed your temple with a sigh, “This kid. She has a lot of energy.”

Nami paused for a moment, noticing that you weren’t moving. “Come on! Don’t be a snail!” she called loudly.

“Geez, I don’t even have a shell,” you rolled your eyes, finally heading towards her.

After a few minutes, Nami skidded to a stop. You assumed that maybe this was the place. You watched her head turn to right and left to search for the person.

A wide smile automatically appeared upon her lips, “There he is!”

You looked over at the direction to see Nami heading towards two students hanging at the corridor.

“Isn’t that Kwangmin?” you wondered to yourself, arching your eyebrow.

Nami came back right after, grinning at you, “I gave it to Kwangmin! He’s bringing Hyemi—no, actually, she was the one who invited herself. Hehe~”

“Hyemi?” you pondered. Now where have you heard that name before?

“Oh, the tiny chick?” you snapped your fingers, using the remaining memories you had in your brain.

“Umm, guess so. She is short after all,” Nami shrugged. “Shorter than you?” you raised your eyebrow.

“Of course!” she folded her arms, smiling triumphantly. You softly chuckled.

“Then, it’s set! Let’s meet up at 11 on Saturday. Wait at the entrance, okay?” she informed, pointing out the details.

You just nodded, “Sure, sure.”

“Let’s have a great time this Saturday!” she cheered, jumping blithely.

*Hopefully.* The inner voice within yourself said.

----------