1st Mission: Hunt Down 'Friends'

An Ex-Gangster And a Cute Geek

--------------------------------------

On your way to school, all you thought was your mission you’d just created last night. The 1st mission: Hunt Down Friends. The mission has officially begun.

Muttering something incoherent, students around you looked at you weirdly.

“Okay, I should hunt…male first,” You nodded.

After thinking it over again, you shook your head, “No! It should be a female!”

You began pondering about it again until reality brought you back.

BAM!

You found yourself landing on the ground flatly on the . You blinked slowly.

Just a second ago, you were standing and walking and now…it was actually the opposite.

You furrowed your eyebrows in frustration *What happened?*

That was when something hit your eardrum: a soft voice with a hint of roughness.

“Sorry! Are you alright?!” An unfamiliar girl scanned you worriedly. Well, at least, she was foreign to you.

You gave her a blank and long stare before snapping out, “Oh! I’m cool…”

You slowly stood up, dusting off your long skirt and picked your backpack up.

“Thank goodness and I’m sorry again. I’m Han Nami and you’re…the new transfer student, right?” She held out a hand, claiming for a handshake.

You brought your hand up and accepted her friendly gesture, “Yeah.”

“Shall we go to our class?” She offered and beamed.

You couldn’t help but raise an eyebrow, “We’re in the same class?”

“Yeah, you didn’t notice me?” She frowned all of a sudden. “Kinda,” You shrugged casually.

“Never mind that. I bet we’re going to be best friends from now on!” She cheered and pulled your hand, almost dragging you all the way up to your class.

In the midst of that, something suddenly clicked inside your head upon Nami’s statement just now: ‘Best friends’.

At the thought of that, you wondered to yourself *Does that mean we’re friends now? If we are, then, that was easy.*

--------------------------------------

“I sit behind you actually,” Nami giggled as she threw her bag to her seat and soon after plopped on it.

You adjusted all of your things on your desk.

“Morning, Jo Kwangmin,” You greeted with a nod.

He stared at you for a while before slightly nodding, “Hm.”

*At least he acknowledges me.* You shrugged.

“Oh right. Better tell mom about my success.” You dug your hand inside your blazer pocket and pulled out your phone, instantly texting your mom.

Nami watched you grin in satisfaction and laughed softly.

“She’s really different.”

--------------------------------------

After school session had finished, students piled out of the school and went home.

You parted ways with Nami since she was going to the opposite path.

Besides, you didn’t want her to find out about your family background.

“Meet me in the office after school,” You read the text in your phone.

“What does she want this time?” You wondered, looking around and shortly after, sprinted off to your destination.

--------------------------------------

By the time you arrived, it was already 6 in the evening.

You cleared your throat and entered the big mansion.

“Finally.” She sighed and unfolded her arms, “You took a long time, honey.”

“Well…” You shrugged and smirked, “The school’s too far from here.”

She rolled her eyes at that statement, “Never mind that. I heard you made friends already?”

“Guess so…” You shrugged nonchalantly.

“That’s good,” She nodded approvingly.

“Is that all? I gotta go home now, you know,” You yawned, gesturing your boredom.

“Yes, yes. You’re free. Now off you go.” She shooed you out of her office.

You huffed and exited the mansion.

--------------------------------------

“What should I eat for dinner?” You thoughtfully tapped your lips, approaching the fridge.

“Pasta?” You smiled as you opened the fridge to find nothing but a few bottles of mineral water.

“Okay, that explains it all. Looks like I need to do an express shopping tonight,” You sighed as you slammed it off, snatching your jacket and went outside.

--------------------------------------

You strutted along the path inside a small convenience store nearby, glancing around the aisle.

“Pasta…” You murmured and ran your fingers along a line of well-arranged food.

Instead of obtaining a box of pasta, you got a cup of instant noodle.

“Well, I guess I’ll just stick with ramyun for tonight,” You casually shrugged and threw it into the basket.

You wandered off to another section to find something you’d need.

Right after paying the bills, you exited the small shop with two big plastic bags.

Your eyes stared at the inky sky that was filled with well lit moon and sparkling stars.

“Tonight feels…nice,” You beamed and took a turn to right, ready to go home.

--------------------------------------