Transformation Time

An Ex-Gangster And a Cute Geek

----

Yozoh - Morning Star

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0o34Bhl-wI&feature=relmfu

----

Finally, the day you’ve been yearning for, Saturday. The day that school is not the first place you go to. The day which you’d be able to be free from hell. Ahem, maybe that’s a bit exaggerating but who cares?

Exactly at 7 in the morning, you got up from your bed (which was the first time you woke up early).

“Oh man~ Why did I wake up early again?” you yawned while stretching your body. It took a moment for you to register everything that you had planned yesterday inside your head.

“Oh right. The transformation. Why am I doing this?” you questioned yourself once again before nodding after that, “Oh right…”

After freshening yourself, you headed to the kitchen, opening the small fridge. You set a carton of fresh milk on the counter, taking a glass from the shelf.

Once again, you rearranged all of your contrivance in order to make a perfect plan.

You grinned right after completing your arrangement inside your head, instantly fetching your phone from the nightstand of your bed.

Your thumb made its work dialing numbers, pressing the green button afterwards.

“You got everything set already? Oh, right, thanks,” you smiled right after hearing the person’s confirmation.

Shutting your phone off after the call ended, you made your way towards the bathroom.

“Let the makeover begins…”

----

“Sorry, I’m late! But…why do you want me to follow you?” Kwangmin questioned, panting heavily by all the rushing he did.

You pushed yourself off the wall and flashed him a small smile, “You’ll see why. C’mon, follow me.”

He blinked a few times before tailing behind you.

----

You stepped inside a salon and looked around before turning to the clueless boy behind you.

“What…are we doing here?” He, too, was busy scanning the small shop.

Folding your arms, you opened your mouth to return with a comeback but stopped when your eyes found the person you’ve been looking for.

“Hey, Taehyun,” you waved, shuffling towards a tall guy.

The young man looked down and immediately, his lips tugged into a cute smile, “~~~~~~! How are you?”

“Oh, just…fine,” you shrugged, chuckling. After a few moments, you halted to a stop and your eyes started seeking the place for someone.

“Taehyun-ah, is Jaehyun here?” you asked, eyes full of hope. You assumed that Jaehyun might’ve visited his brother once or twice.

However, to your dismay, he shook his head, “Of course not. He’s staying in Busan, remember? I thought you’re living the—”

“Not anymore,” you curtly replied, shoulder sinking in disappointment.

His face was plastered with a baffled look upon hearing the news.

Sighing, you nodded without receiving a reply as if you knew what he’d say.

It took a moment for you to recall your intention of coming here. Talking about those guys seemed to hog all of your time and now, the boy you dragged along with you was nowhere to be seen.

Your eyes automatically turned wide *I forgot about Kwangmin!* Your head turned to left and right, “Damn, where did he go?”

“Are you talking about that boy?” Taehyun tapped your shoulder as his finger pointed to the said boy standing not too distant from you.

A relieved sigh escaped your lips, “I thought he went home.”

“Sooooo, you want me to cut his hair?” Taehyun inquired, glancing at you. You nodded as a response.

“Okay then, you, stay here. I’ll swop him into a handsome dude,” he wiggled his eyebrows as he pushed you down onto the seat. You shook your head.

“Sometimes, I wonder whether he’s Jaehyun’s brother or Sangwoo’s.”

----

An hour had passed as you stodgily flipped through the magazine’s pages. You groaned out of boredom, “This is taking so lon—”

“I’M FINISHED!”

You felt as if your heart leaped out of your chest by hearing that voice. “Wow, thanks,” you said sarcastically and rolled your eyes.

Taehyun brightly smiled down at you, “You should see him! He’s actually good-looking!”

“Err, yeah, I know, Taehyun,” you flatly notified and made your way towards the room.

Once you arrived at the destination, a short-haired brunette boy occupied your vision.

“Jo Kwangmin?” you managed, waiting for his confirmation. He nodded without hesitation. You blinked for a few times, *I can’t believe this is the same boy who wears huge glasses and long, messy hair.*

Apparently, his black tousled hair had been changed into a shorter brunette hair.

His glasses were no longer sticking on his nose bridge but instead, a pair of contacts was enough to make a difference.

As a result, a new and not to mention good-looking boy has been created.

“You look great,” you nodded, examining him as he stood there awkwardly.

To make matters worse, a loud, low grumble filled the room. Your eyes shifted towards his diffident face.

“I guess…all the work had made me hungry.”

Checking the time with your phone, you turned to look at him again, “Let’s go grab a bite.”

----

After putting your effort on finding vacuous seats, you finally, to your relief, found one.

The two of you settled down as you received looks constantly from passersby: mainly girls. Maybe it was because of the fact that a gorgeous boy was walking beside you.

“I ordered everything already so I’m gonna buy some drinks. What do you want?” you gave Kwangmin a questioning look as he blankly stared at you.

You assumed that he was pondering what to pick since his expression explained it all.

“Milky tea…?”

“Oh, okay. I’ll be right back,” you noted before heading towards a nearby smoothie shop in the mall.

“One Strawberry smoothie and Milky Tea,” you pointed out your order as the employee started making the drinks.

You exhaled and Kwangmin’s face suddenly popped out inside your head. Automatically, a small smile spread upon your lips *I’m sure they’ll be surprised to see him on Monday.*

After a few minutes of waiting, the drinks were set down on the counter. You paid the cashier and swiftly whirled around, each drink in your hands.

It felt déjàvu when you fell down on the ground flatly.

The drinks that had been nicely prepared were now lying on the floor, the sweet liquid pooling around the crushed plastic cup.

Blinking with a blank face, you stared at the wasted drinks. At that moment, a voice interrupted your train of thoughts.

“Sorry! Are you okay?!”

Slowly, you looked up, eyes meeting with a pair of cat-like eyes.

Seemingly, it was a guy you bumped into. He worriedly looked down at you. “Oh, I…I’m cool,” you responded, unsure.

“Let me help you,” he assisted and pulled you up before you could reply. You dusted your jeans as well as your oversized tee.

“Thanks,” you mumbled as he nodded, “It’s fine.”

It took him a while to notice the long forgotten drinks on the floor. “Damn. Let me buy you those. I’m sorry for not noticing,” he apologized deeply.

“Hey, it’s fine. It’s just a drink. I can cope with that,” you casually swept the topic away.

“Well…” he reluctantly said, “…then, how should I repay you?”

“It’s cool. There’s no need for you to repay, you know,” you attempted again but failed when he insisted on repaying you.

“I know how! Give me your phone!”

“What?”

“Just give me your phone!”

“Seriously?”

You sighed and surrendered your phone to him. He tapped the screen for a few times before giving it back to you, “There.”

You confusedly glanced at him before collating your phone, “What did you do?”

“Check the contacts. I’ll see you later, pretty,” he winked before disappearing from your sight.

Immediately, you scrolled down your contact lists to find a foreign number. Your attention went up to see the name saved.

L.Joe

----