The Unimaginable Side of Him

An Ex-Gangster And a Cute Geek

Taru - Blah Blah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWiwCubnHKQ

-------

The bell rang, indicating the 1st period has begun. Students flooded inside their own classroom to attend the class.

You blankly stared at them as they took their seat. Nami tapped you on the shoulder, “~~~~~~-ah, why the long face?”

That snapped you out of your daze.

“Huh? Oh, sorry. No, I was just thinking…” you stared at the empty seat beside you, “Hey, uhm, Nami? I think I’m going out for a moment. I’ll be back, don’t worry.”

“Oh, okay.” She flashed you her goofy yet adorable smile as you made your way out of the room.

-------

Your feet moved by themselves as they brought to wherever that’s possible right now and they chose the most common yet serene place: the rooftop.

As soon as you reached the door to the haven, you placed your hand on the doorknob, slightly twisting it.

With a small force, the door was pushed forward and cold wind touched your face. You smiled lightly at the contact and shut the door with a faint click.

Right at this moment, you didn’t feel like coming back to the classroom.

And honestly, this was way much better.

You settled yourself down onto the concrete and placed your head in between your folded arms at the top.

Sighing in content, you watched the white fluffy clouds move slowly blending with the wide blue sky.

This particular moment somehow reminded you of the past. The past that holds important memories.

You closed your eyes unknowingly, reminiscing the past.

-------

Students rushed in and out of the school. Some students were lounging at the small hallway.

You calmly walked inside the building as students glanced your way.

By the looks of it, you could tell that they obviously knew who you were.

Some girls actually had the guts to whisper to themselves as they looked your way, constantly giggling as if something funny had happened.

You brushed past them as their eyes followed your figure.

At that time, you could hear their whispers even though you were far enough to not hear any sound.

“She’s the girl, right? The head gangster?”

“Yeah, that’s her! What’s she doing here? Studying? Hahaha!”

“Oh my, miss gangster wants to study? That’s not right.”

“Tch,” you scoffed and headed to the exterior part of the school building.

“I don’t know what’s wrong with the students here. They’re freaking weird and not to mention annoying,” you muttered and flopped down on the green, fine grass of the probably school field.

You propped your arms behind your head, letting your body fall backward and instantly, your eyes met the spacious baby blue sky.

You sighed in content while closing your eyes shut, “It’s better this way…”

Just as you were about to fall into a deep slumber, a deep voice pulled you back to the world.

With that gesture, your eyes popped open, getting in contact with a pair of puppy-like eyes.

It took a moment for you to register everything and when you did, the eyes actually belonged to a boy that was about the same as your age.

He was blinking down at you. “What?” you groaned, rubbing your head.

Good grief, if he didn’t interrupt you, you’d have drowned into your peaceful sleep by now.

“Oh! Are you the jjang?” he, out of the blue, asked you.

“Huh? Jjang? When did I say that?” you narrowed your eyes at the boy.

“Oh, really you’re not? I thought you were ‘cuz, my friends said you’re the girl,” he shyly rubbed the back of his neck, glancing at his friends, as you’d assumed them to be, standing not too far away from the two of you.

“Are you really not the jjang?” he doubtfully questioned again.

“No, I don’t think so,” you sighed. Why do you have to go through this?

“Okay. Uhm, tell me your name then!” he brightened up, flashing you a toothy smile.

With no hesitation, you told him your name as he nodded, “Okay then, bye! See ya later, pretty gal!”

Dumbfounded, you stared at his walking figure, “The hell? Pretty gal?”

You weren’t sure what to do so you chose to continue your nap. You didn’t know that from now on, your life would change entirely. Maybe…for the better.

-------

“Hey, you!” someone called. You shot up from your kip. 

“What do you want, Yoo Eun?!” you yelled in frustration but froze the moment your eyes met his. “Yoo Eun?” he furrowed his eyebrows in puzzlement.

“Oh? Kwangmin? What’chu doing here?” you blinked, hiding your embarrassment away.

Were you dreaming about them? Seriously, you must’ve missed them a lot.

His puzzled look completely varied to an annoyed look, “I’m here to fetch you. You like skipping classes, don’t you?”

“No, actually. I like studying,” you stated sarcastically.

“Whatever, you need to go back. The teacher’s waiting, you know,” he sighed and pointed to the exit door.

“Geez, why’re you treating me like I was some kind of a hindrance?” you tiredly looked at him.

“What? When did I do that? I never did that!” he shook his head as a sign of a protest.

You heaved a deep sigh, “You keep shouting, if you haven’t realized that.”

“I did not do that!”

“Yes, you did.”

“No!”

“Gee, now you’re denying the fact.”

“No, I’m not! I acted like that because I’m shy!”

The moment fell into a deep, awkward silence shortly after.

Your eyes went as wide as a pair of saucers over the confession.

“What? You? Jo Kwangmin? Shy?” you stared at the boy in front of you.

He blinked a few times before rubbing his neck, biting his pink lips, “Errr, did I just say that?”

“Well, it does make sense though. You being an outcast in the class and all…” you murmured, voice decreasing into a whisper.

“What?!” he shouted, “Don’t call me that! It’s embarrassing!”

“You being shy and an outcast in class are already embarrassing, Kwangmin,” you chuckled, your shoulder rising up and down.

Hearing that comment, his cheeks were colored with crimson red.

“But…it’s kind of cute, though,” you commented before erupting into a loud laughter when you saw his face turn into a darker shade of red.

“I can’t believe you could be this adorable, Jo Kwangmin,” you smiled, shaking your head.

“Hey! Stop laughing! It’s not that funny!” he snapped, glaring at you with a tomato face.

“Alright, alright,” you grinned, holding in your laughter. When your mouth couldn’t hold it any longer, you smacked your mouth with your hand.

“You’re not helping,” he frowned, staring at your facial expression.

“Sorry,” you mumbled, “But, you know. You’re actually cute so why do you hide your face with those gigantic…glasses?”

“I have a low self-esteem,” he affirmed, sighing.

You nodded. *Ah…so that’s why.*

Your eyes scanned his entire appearance. *Maybe I can change him so that everyone will notice it.*

You comprehended as Kwangmin shot you a look, “Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Sorry?” you blinked a few times before realizing that you had stared at him for a long time.

He scratched his head, “Then, I’m going back to class. I’ll just tell the teacher that you aren’t feeling well.”

And with that, he left. You took a few minutes to contemplate about it.

Shortly after, you snapped your fingers together, smiling triumphantly, “I’ve got a plan.”

-------