New School, New Life

An Ex-Gangster And a Cute Geek

-------------------------------------

You blankly stared at the strange things in front of you: new school uniform. Sure, you’ve seen hundreds of uniforms out there but this was strangely unusual. It showed the feminine sides of a girl, which you didn’t really…like.

You popped your head outside to see your mom busy talking with someone.

“Umma!” You called.

She calmly turned around with her signature look, “What is it?”

You waved your hand in a motioning way. She raised her eyebrow but nonetheless she came over.

“Do I have to wear that?” You pointed at the school uniform. “Yes.” She flatly replied.

“I don’t want to.” You boldly responded with a fold of your arms.

“Fine. Be like that then. Your so-called friends will have trouble just because of your own selfishness,” She challenged as you yelled with a disbelief look, “What?! You serious?!”

“Yes, honey. I am serious. You know what happens if you go against my will,” She said with a dead serious look.

With that, you let out a very heavy sigh and gave up.

It’s useless. No one dared to go against her. The almighty Nam Kyungmi. Even if you were to fight to her, it’s no use. She has everything on her side.

“Fine, fine. You win.” You surrendered and took the uniform and exited your room.

Your mom watched you walk along the hallway and eventually disappear out of her eyesight.

“Good girl,” She smiled secretly and went back to her office.

-------------------------------------

“She’s a witch, seriously. She does whatever she wants and she controls almost everything. Well, except for the apartment I rented out…” You muttered to yourself.

You looked at the uniform once again and eventually scrunched up your face.

“It’s…ugly,”

Time by time, a sigh never failed to escape from your lips, “Well, I did all of this for their own good.”

-------------------------------------

“Aish, what do you want?” You looked at your mom.

“You’ll be transferring to a prestigious school in Seoul. No more Busan for you. You’ve turned into a rebel and I’m gonna teach you over again,” Your mother blabbed on and on.

You rolled your eyes *Oh well. It’s not like I won’t be able to sneak back to Busan. I can do EVERYTHING.*

You grinned like an idiot. As if she could read your mind, she gave you a detailed warning which shot the thought in your mind.

“Never go back there and dare to meet those punks or I’ll do something horrible to them. After all, they’re just commoners. I have my connections and I can do everything, ~~~~~~. Eve-ry-thing.”

Immediately, your wide grin swept off of your face. *Actually, I’ll take my words back. I CAN’T do everything!*

-------------------------------------

You looked at your straight face of your reflection in the mirror when your phone rang wildly in your pocket.

Quickly, you fished out your phone out of the pocket and answered the incoming call.

“Hellooooo?” You answered in a bored tone.

“Go check out your new school. You’re attending it in less than a month,” Your mom spoke in the other line.

“Sheesh. What was the name of the school again?” You questioned, scratching your head, obviously uninterested with this entire thing.

“Starship High School.” She replied.

“Oh right. Catch ya later, mom.” You quickly shut your phone, didn’t bother to even wait for her reply.

“Well, guess gotta go then,” You mumbled and went outside and fetched a red sport car out of the garage.

*Starship High School, eh? I wonder what it looks like…* You wondrously thought and started off the car.

-------------------------------------