Heyyo, Nice to Meet Cha!

An Ex-Gangster And a Cute Geek

------------------------------

Morning came and you were still in bed. The once dark room was lit up with the light from the rising sun that peaked through the gap of the curtain. The sound of the birds that you’d always hear in the morning was replaced by the sound of the clock vigorously ringing.

You grumbled inside the soft blanket and reached out one of your hands, searching for the clock to stop it.

After a few minutes of searching, you couldn’t detect where it was. Frustrated, you got up and spotted the clock not long after.

You smacked it very hard and it quickly shut up.

Smiling in satisfaction, you dug back inside the warm and cozy blanket.

However, that moment didn’t last long when this time, your phone rang.

“Damnit! Just leave me alone, phone!” Nevertheless, you snatched it from the nightstand and looked at the caller ID.

It said: ‘Mom’

“What.” You said in a flat tone.

“Get up, ~~~~~~! It’s time for school! It’s your 1st day! I know you’re planning to sleep in if I didn’t call you!” Your mom chirped happily. Well, it sounded like she was happy.

“No.” You protested.

“Get up your lazy or I’ll leave you with no place to stay. You wouldn’t want that, would you?” She blackmailed.

“Okay, okay. I’m getting up!” You scrambled off the bed and made your way to the bathroom. “Well then, good luck!” With that, she cut off the line.

“Man, it’s a bummer. I wanna sleep more…” You grumbled as you brushed your teeth.

*Well, at least I was fortunate enough to be able to live in an apartment. I get to live alone. It’s good enough.* You shrugged and rinsed your mouth.

------------------------------

Students flooded inside the school. Girls were chattering happily and boys chilled themselves together.

You eyed them with a blank look, unsure what to do. You could see freshmen walking around in the big hallway.

Shrugging your shoulders, you shuffled inside and headed off to the faculty office. Students scanned you from head to toe with a weird look as if you weren’t a human. You just gave them a brief look.

------------------------------

“Hello, I’m Nam ~~~~~~, the new student.” You said in your Busan accent.

The teacher laughed and nodded, “So you’re Ms. Nam? Okay then, your class is 1-A. Here’s your schedule.” She handed you a piece of paper.

“Huh? 1-A? I didn’t know I was a genius…” You mumbled to yourself with a confused look attached to your face.

The teacher once again laughed, “Yes, you are. By the way, call me Ms. Yunhee.” She smiled sweetly. Now you realized how beautiful she looked when she smiled.

“How old are you?” You blurted out unconsciously.

“24 years old. Don’t tell me I look old?!” She cupped her face and gasped.

You shook your head in denial, “No, you’re not! I was just asking because you look pretty when you smile!”

Hearing those words, she gave you an eye-smile, “Thank you. You’re a nice girl, ~~~~~~. Now, off you go~” She sang and pushed you gently to the door.

“I’ll see you in class!” She waved. You waved back coolly.

*I didn’t expect to befriend a teacher that fast. Well, I never got along with the teachers at my old school. Maybe she’s just too nice.* You thought and rushed to the destination.

------------------------------

Your first morning assembly was boring. You swore you’d been sleeping throughout the session. What can you say? The speech was too boring for you to hear.

You couldn’t do anything except grumbling about your new and not to mention boring life.

High school life, you weren’t sure anymore whether you’d be able to enjoy it to the fullest or just die out of boredom.

You entered the class and instantaneously, the moment dropped into a deep silence.

Everyone watched you intently that it even made you uncomfortable.

“Well, this is awkward.” You rubbed your neck nervously.

“Ms. Nam? Why aren’t you taking a seat?”  Ms. Yunhee commented as you looked at her.

“Oh, I was about to…” You trailed off as she smiled, “It’s okay.”

She went to the board and wrote down your full name and gestured you to come to her.

You obediently followed. Never in your life had you followed someone’s order, not even your parents. Well, it won’t hurt to just play along, right?

“Class, this is the new transfer student from Busan. Her name is Nam ~~~~~~.” Ms. Yunhee announced as you bowed your head slightly, in this case, it looked like a simple nod.

Girls started whispering to each other as the boys nodded in acknowledgement.

“Hello, the name’s Nam ~~~~~~. Nice to meet cha!” You coolly did a simple introduction.

The class murmured as some laughed at your accent. *What’s so funny?* You raised a brow.

“Okay then, Ms. Nam. You get to choose a seat so pick it now.” She instructed.

You searched for vacant seats only to find one empty seat which was next to a boy with a pair of big glasses.

“That’s the only thing left.” You said to yourself and took the seat next to the window, brushing past the boy.

You flopped down and settled yourself in. Normally, people would greet their new seat-partners but he didn’t. Then again, he didn’t even look your way.

He just sat there, staring at the board, unfazed.

You raised an eyebrow *Weird guy. Well, I could care less ‘bout it.*

As Ms. Yunhee started the lesson, you looked out of the window since you weren’t in the mood to listen to the lesson.

Besides, you never studied in your previous school anyways so why bother doing it now?

Throughout the period, you just killed your time staring at the blue sky that you thought was more interesting than the lesson in front of you.

*This is going to be a long, long day…* You sighed mentally.

------------------------------