Family

An Ex-Gangster And a Cute Geek

----------------------------------------------

With your crossed arms right in front of your chest, you tapped your foot lightly on the floor, with narrowed eyes, eyeing each of your minions.

“So…mind explaining me what happened back there?” You raised your eyebrow in a somewhat demanding order.

With their heads lowered, none of them dared to speak up. You sighed in irritation, “Hey, guys. I’m not mad, okay? I just wanna know what happened.”

As if they were already forgiven, they lifted their heads up with hope, however without words.

Luckily for you, there was still one that was brave enough to speak his mind out, Yoo Eun. Basically, Yoo Eun wasn’t the type that was fearless either but he was brave enough, or more like, clueless enough to speak up even when each of you was in your hard times.

“Sorry, ~~~~~~-ah. We broke our promise.” He ducked his head down, still with a straight face.

Despite putting on a straight look, he still nevertheless looked surprisingly cute.

“I know. What I wanted to know was, how exactly did all of you get yourselves into that mess?” You questioned, but this time, with a softened voice thanks to Yoo Eun’s sudden expression.

They didn’t know how to express how grateful they were towards Yoo Eun.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, they began to speak out one by one. Well, if it weren’t for Yoo Eun, they wouldn’t be speaking their minds out right now though.

“You see, at first, we were being cautious and hid behind—” Jae Hyun’s words were caught in the mid of his sentence when Sang Woo, being an arrogant guy he was butted in with a proud look, “Skillfully hid.”

“Okay, okay. Die with your cockiness, Sang Woo.” Jae Hyun rolled his eyes and resumed his story, “We hid behind a shop that had a good spot to peek at them and so it went on like that until…”

“Until what?” You furrowed your eyebrows out of curiosity. Surely you couldn’t wait anymore. These things were killing you already.

“Patience is the key, ~~~~~~-ah~” Jae Hyun teased with an amused look. He sure had the guts to pester you right now.

Putting on a blank face, you motionlessly stared at Jae Hyun, “Uh-huh, sure.”

“There goes her sarcasm~” Chin Ho sang, pasting on a smile on his handsome face.

One of the things that made your gang special was their good-looking features. Usually, gangs would be all badass looking and all but strangely, your troop didn’t have those traits.

Sure they were gorgeous but when it comes to fighting, it’s the opposite of it.

Jae Hyun sighed in utter defeat, “Fine, Princess ~~~~~~. I, Jae Hyun, will be continuing my heart-throbbing story now.”

Before Jae Hyun could say anything, all of them broke into loud whispers and comments.

“What does he mean by ‘heart-throbbing story’?”

“That’s bull. It’s far from heart-throbbing.”

“Stupid Jae Hyun.”

“What are we? This is not in kingdom era anymore.”

“Wait, how come my heart doesn’t throb when I hear his story?”

“Because it’s not, you dummy.”

“Oh.”

“OKAY GUYS, YOU CAN STOP WHISPERING NOW. LET’S GET BACK TO THE STORY.” You clapped your hands until you could only hear a faint sound of a wind.

You smiled in satisfaction, “Good.”

“Okay, so…we were in our safe state until someone messed up.” Jae Hyun sent a dark glare to this someone.

You followed Jae Hyun’s gaze and instantly, your gaze landed on Sang Woo. Figures. He always ruined significant moments.

After realizing that every pair of eyes was looking his way, Sang Woo responded back, “What? I didn’t do anything. I’m innocent, see?” He made an innocent look.

Soon, the whole room erupted into a loud laughter.

Sang Woo frowned, “Why are you guys laughing? I looked cute just now!”

“No, you’re not!” Jae Hyun wiped off a single tear at the corner of his eye due to his non-stop laughter.

“YES I DO!” Sang Woo crossed his arms like an offended little boy.

“He’s not cute, right ~~~~~~-ah?” Chin Ho turned to your direction only to find a vacant seat.

“Huh?” Chin Ho looked around to find any sign of you, “~~~—”

“What?” You answered while flipping through the channels with the remote in your hand.

His mouth fell open, “When did you go there?”

“Let me see…5 minutes ago, I guess?” You glanced at your wrist, confirming the time with your ‘invisible’ watch.

Chin Ho was practically rolling his eyes when he saw your actions, “You and your sarcasm.”

You narrowed your eyes at him and he quickly took his words back, replacing it with a ‘sorry’.

“Oh, back to the main topic! ~~~~~~-ah! I’m cute, right?” Sang Woo butted in. Each one of them went quite, obviously waiting for your answer.

“Mmhm.” You mumbled absent-mindedly while putting on your full attention towards the TV.

“Aww! ~~~~~~-ah! Come on! Be more serious!” The boys said, dejected by your simple answer. You sighed and finally looked at them.

“Yeah, Sang Woo looked cute just now and he is naturally cute.”

“What?! Seriously, ~~~~~~?!” Chin Ho questioned with a pair of rounded eyes.

You nonchalantly shrugged, “Well, yeah.”

“Told ya I have a cute face~” Sang Woo sang with a smile of contentedness. “Then how about me?” Chin Ho pouted, pointing himself while waiting for you to respond.

“You’re cute too, Chin Ho. In fact, each one of you is cute. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to watch this show.” You shifted your attention back to the screen of the TV.

They broke off into a huge grin, flattered by your remark a few moments ago.

“~~~~~ said we’re cute! Can you believe it?!” Chin Ho glanced at the others with a goofy smile.

“Okay, enough said. We’re all cute so chop chop. I ain’t gonna stand you boasting around about you being cute anymore.” Jae Hyun sighed lightly.

In the midst of their loud bickering, you were secretly smiling over their childishness.

It felt nice having your friends around. Those warm and fuzzy feelings would always appear whenever they were around. Well, what can you say?

They were your family after all.

----------------------------------------------

Comments are loved~ ^^