Chapter 18

Vamped // revamping
VAMPED
July 25, 2014
 

CHAPTER eighteen Change in Events 


Minho growled when he saw the disappearing backview of Junho with Krystal in his arms. It seems as if she's unconcious. The infuriated wolf quickened his pace, closing the gap between him and Junho, and when he was close enough, he leaped at the blood thirsty bastard, succeeding in tackling the guy who drops Krystal during his fall to the ground.

Minho with his ever quick reflexes manages to cushion the unconcious girl's fall.

"I'll spare you for the last time today as thanks for saving my life back then. Next time you try something like this on her, I won't forgive you." Minho's determined angry eyes striked fear in Junho though the older refused to let it show. Instead, he chuckled lightly.

"We'll see about that." And within moments, he disappeared from the road.

Minho stared down lovingly at the girl now in his arms after he shifted back into human. "You just love causing trouble don't you," he whispered before he leaned in to kiss her gently on her forehead.

At the contact, Krystal stirred a little then opened her eyes. Seeing how close Minho's face was to her and the slight touch she felt at her forehead before opening her eyes made it obvious he kissed her. And for his actions, Krystal was going to slap him. But when her eyes flickered to his round orbs, she was lost in how loving the eyes looked. It was one of the kindest pairs of eyes she has ever seen, even if he was one of the supernatural.

So before she knew what she was doing, Krystal leaned upwards slightly to bring their lips together. Minho's eyes widened for a split second at her actions before he closed them and kissed her back gently. The girl was worn out from everything that happened recently so he decided now is probably not the right time for his aggressiveness to show.

Krysal was the first one to pull away as she leaned her head into his chest and closed her eyes peacefully. She was really tired and it felt so comfortable in his arms that her eyes closed on their own.

When Minho heard the slight breathing of the girl as she fell into a slumber, he smiled lightly. Hugging the girl closer to her, Minho ever so gently began to walk. He wasn't sure where he'd go at the moment since he hasn't made contact with his pact for almost a month, but he was definitely not going to go back to 2pm's house with Krystal where she'll definitely be in danger.

From this point on, Minho has made it his duty to make sure she is safe from harm.  

_______________________

Taecyeon opened his eyes when he heard incoherent mumblings in the middle of his sleep. When he looked over to Eunjung's spot, she was against the wall, her arms wrapped around her legs as she shook tremendously.

When Eunjung heard slight noises from Taecyeon sitting up, her eyes turned crimson and her canine teeth began to grow.

And when Taecyeon shuffled over to check on the girl, he did not fail to realize the cold sweat on her body.

"G-o" Eunjung whispered lightly. She was trying her hardest to hold herself back. She didn't want to hurt anyone.

Taecyeon's eyes softened at the girl's words.

When Eunjung saw him turn around and walk away, she had assumed he listened to her and she was grateful. Slightly, but she was feeling more disappointment than anything. Eunjung half expected him to stick around and at least try to make her better.

So when she heard footsteps walking back again, panic was written all over her face when she saw the knife in Taecyeon's hand.

"You don't need to hold yourelf back."

Taecyeon hissed when he felt Eunjung's teeth tear into his skin. She was drinking his blood ruthlessly and it took all he had to push the newly turned away. He didn't want to see her suffering all by herself because of his actions so he thought he should at least give her some blood as accomadation so the process wouldn't be as painful. But when her lips came in contact with the blood, she couldn't control herself. Even with her telling herself she could stop herself before she takes too much.

Eunjung snarled at the man's actions, again attempting to dive for his neck. She was losing her humanity because of her blood lust. She wanted that blood. She wanted it now.

Actually no. It wasn't want. It's need. She needs to taste the iron running down . She needed the feeling of energy with every drop of blood she's taken from Taecyeon.

She felt her powers enhance, even if she wasn't using them yet. Even Taecyeon felt her presence grow stronger and it feared him that he wouldn't be able to help her control the blood lust.

And this was all his fault. 

_______________________

Nana crawled into bed, wrapping her arms around her legs as she buried her head in her knees. 

"What have I done?" All those memories she had in Vamped came surfacing. The first moment she walked through those doors. The countless number of sparring lessons. The beatings from bullies she had to endure. The first time she's met the other girls. Their life and death situations where they proved their friendship. And most of all, the rush of adrenaline everytime she beheaded one of the supernatural.

How was she so blind to realize everything was a lie? She should've been suspicious the moment Taejun suddenly introduced a new five years ago that all agents had to take before every mission. How Taejun was taken aback slightly when Jieun suddenly began to question him. She was one of the newest and still hasn't gotten used to the -never ask- policy.

She also remembered how Jieun was called in by him an hour later and disappeared for a week since then. Taejun had brushed them off when all the girls questioned about Jieun's whereabouts, saying she was on her first mission of some sort. When she came back, Jieun had numerous whip marks on her body as she was being dragged in by some of the other agents. Ever since, Jieun never even opened when Taejun was around unless he referred to her specifically. And for months after that, Jieun was never able to look him in the eyes and that heavy trembling of her body whenever he came into sight made it clear what had happened. Jieun wasn't on some stupid mission. She was being punished for asking one question. 

"Why does the pill smell a bit like blood?"

Usually something so small like that would not result in a one week beating. Maybe six extra hours of training as reprimanding but not something so serious. Such a small question wouldn't have caused Taejun to take such drastic measures if it wasn't because he had something to hide. She should've realized it then. She should've started to become more wary with Taejun's actions. But she hasn't. 

Now everyone has to pay the price. All because of her being blinded by revenge that she paid no time or attention on anything else. She turned a blind eye when she realized some agents were stealing money from the company. She just walked past newbies being bullied. She didn't even bat an eye at some of the wailing clients that came through the door. No matter if the victim was a child or a murderer. 

Nana simply never cared.

So now she has to right all her wrongs. No matter the cost.

__________________

"Where are you?!" Wooyoung half shouted in frustration. 

As the sun is starting to rise, the amount of people in the streets steadily increased, making it hard for Wooyoung to fish out Jieun's scent. 

So imagine his surprise when he miraculously caught site of her limping down the road with a trail of blood following. As the people around her saw the blood, they all moved out of her way, nobody having the thoughts to check on the girl who was dragging herself and bleeding heavily as she clamped her hand down on her hip with a now soaked with blood towel. 

This angered Wooyoung, causing him to rush towards the girl as he shoved all the people out of the way.

And they (the supernaturals) were considered inhumane. 

Wooyoung swiftly sweeped the girl into his arms bridal style as he looked at the beaten down girl. And with her energy completely depleted, Jieun didn't have any strength to fight him off. She just let him carry her wherever he was planning since she could always just fight her way out if anything. She just needs some time to rest.

When Jieun opened her eyes, she found herself in an unfamiliar surrounding. She wanted to looked stand up but the pain in her abdomen prevented her. Jieun looked towards the stab wound and realized someone had wrapped it up nicely.

When she heard the door creak open, Wooyoung was there with another girl. A really pretty and friendly looking one. 

"I see your up. How are you feeling?"

Jieun remained silent, not knowing if this girl is an ally or foe.

The girl laughed slightly at the girl not responding before introducing herself.

"Well I'm Dara. Wooyoung brought you here so I can patch up your wounds."

"Thanks." Jieun mumbled. 

"Just rest a while more and you'll be good to go." Dara got up from the chair next to the bed before making her exit. Wooyoung thanked Dara as she walked past him before he stampeded into the little room.

"Yah! Who did that to you?! Who were you fighting?"

Jieun rolled her eyes from his loudness and decided to ignore him. 

Wooyoung frowned at receiving no response so he settled down a bit.

"I'm the only one you're allowed to have a fight with! Keep that in mind."

Has it not been her being so exhausted, Jieun would've probably questioned his words but Wooyoung already scurried out the door after his words, slamming the door behind him abruptly. Jieun laughed slightly at his foolish actions before closing her eyes for some more sleep.

Meanwhile, Wooyoung was against the door with his hands placed on his chest.

"What did I just say?! I'm the only one she could fight with? I sound like some possessive boyfriend what the ?"

A few moments later, he was suddenly reminded of Jieun having been ambushed and so, the short fused man let out a small growl before taking action.

"I'll make this bastard pay."



AUTHOR'S NOTES
finally updated the story! sorry for the wait.


layout cr. inspiration.