Chapter 17

Vamped // revamping
VAMPED
Date Posted
 

CHAPTER FOURUnknown POV 


imageimage

Nichkhun frowned as Nana turned her head, avoiding his touch. This was one of those moments where he yearned to be a mind-reader. He had no idea what the girl was thinking, yet he could sense that something wasn't right.

He took another step towards her, his fingers outstretched. But before his hand reached her curtain of hair, her own hand shot out and slapped it away. He stared at her now, utterly confused and astounded by her actions.

But the phrase that came out of was like acid that ate away at his heart.

"Don't touch me."

With a final glare, Nana turned her heel and stalked out of the room, leaving him to endure another pang of hurt that rippled within his chest.

But what he failed to notice were the tears of guilt that had gathered up in her eyes.

_______________________

Wooyoung stared, equally confused as his friend. Just days ago, the bonded couple seemed alright, even becoming close enough to acknowledge one another's presence without tearing at each other's throats.

But now, as the situation unfolded in front of his eyes, he didn't know what to think or say to either of them.

"Don't touch me."

Leaving the phrase hanging in the air, Nana swiveled around and continued walking off. With a swift slide of his feet, Wooyoung flattened himself against the tree beneath the shadows of the street, hoping she'd walk off without noticing his presence.

And, to his surprise, she failed to notice him. He could only see half thanks to the dimly lit street lights, but her face was contorted with a look of distress and...guilt.

Just what was going on?

Gingerly, he walked over to where Nichkhun stood like a statue, rigid and unmoving.

"...Khun?" Wooyoung whispered, approaching his friend. "Is everything...are you...are you okay?"

Nichkhun stared up at him emptily, his throat feeling abruptly parched. He felt lost in his own thoughts, which were like jumbled and disorganized papers that were spilled into his mind. He knew it was best to talk it out, but right now he needed time to think things through.

"I'm fine," he muttered at last. "Just...leave me alone for a while."

Thus, Wooyoung ended up returning home, just as confused as he had been before. He was so focused on pondering that he didn't notice Chansung turning the corner of the hallway as he headed into his room.

"Ow! Hyung, watch where you're going!" yelped the boy.

"Oh. Sorry, Chansung," he mumbled. The boy huffed, obviously unsatisfied.

"You seem out of it today, so I'll let you pass. What's up with you? I thought you'd be completely focused on attacking Jieun at this hour."

At the sound of the girl's name, Wooyoung's head snapped up, completely alert. He stared, terror rising up his throat as Chansung obliviously continued his sentence.

"Now that I think about it, I haven't seen that chick since ages..."

Before the latter could finish, Wooyoung found himself dashing down the stairs and bursting through the main door. As he ran madly through the streets, he discovered with a sickening realization that he was actually worried. Worried about the girl that was always insulting him, failing to acknowledge him, beating him despite how much smaller she was in physique.

And it scared him.

"Damn it," he cursed, continuing his search. "You better be in one piece and alive when I find you."



AUTHOR'S NOTES

So far, this was lovewriting0304, the co-author of an amazing writer, - simplicity - ^0^

Okaaay I'm too lazy to update from here and I don't know when I'll get to it so I'm just going to post the chapter as is. Please welcome co-author lovewriting0304 to the scene!!! -simplicity-


layout cr. inspiration.